X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: *********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Size:  6.4 KB

Yeah yeah yeah frombenz

Jim

Old 01-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just realized I got this person who started this board confused with From BEnz, lol

Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you try other dealers like we said frombenz? I don't understand what else we can do if you don't listen to the advise we are giving you. I also want you to take the part about the mb performance being better than the R, just because your mad doesn't mean you gotta bash the car.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

The drive cycles are all different. All you need is the P1000 to go to P1111 for readiness tests completed. If the place you are trying to get your vehicle tested at is saying NO codes. Go elsewhere. And stop having the dealer clear the codes otherwise the P1111 will never be on...lol

Just as a side note here.....I am a little pissed reading through the pages of dealer bashing. For someone to say all dealerships are *******s? A little generalization I think. I don't think anyone here has been to every dealer. Like any industry, there are good and bad.

Who said you cant change a bulb without removing a bumper? Every bulb can be changed in that vehicle without removal of bumper. Only reason bumper has to come off is to replace entire headlamp assy.

The technicians you must understand work for not much money. Most of their work is warranty work which doesn't pay crap. Everyone is complaining about select edition warranty. For every person that does I know of a hundred people that are so thankful for having it. You pay a little extra on the cost of your car to get warranty. What if you blew your engine and had to put out 15 grand to replace it? Wouldn't be complaining if select picked up the tab would you? Select edition pays for far more repairs on your vehicles than any other ext warr. you could get for your Jag.

I personally know many MB techs, and I can tell you that CPO MB warr does not cover everything on that vehicle. But whatever, if you are so turned off of Jags that you need to sell it, then sell it and stop talking about it. That C32 will never handle as well as your S-type R. Nor will it outrun it "Turning off the traction control nets the best acceleration times. We recorded a 0-to-60-mph time of 5.4 seconds, and the quarter-mile was passed in 13.8 seconds at 105.4 mph. This isn't as fast as Mercedes' claimed 4.9-second 0-to-60 figure." "The supercharged S-Type R should appeal to performance-minded buyers. While it is capable of doing the 0-60 drill in just 5.3 seconds, there's more to the R than mere muscle. It is an all-around performer, equipped with larger disc brakes, an adjustable sport-tuned suspension system and 19-inch wheels."

So there you have it, MB even needs to lie about their performance specs to have people buy there cars.

Have fun waiting for your CPO to authorize the tow truck.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:18 PM

lol....the cover you are pointing at has 4 clips holding it on. Take that off and you have full access to get your hands in there and change the bulbs. But why do you want to change bulbs? Are they not working or are they pointing down? What year is it and how many miles?

Old 01-10-2008, 09:27 PM

I change the ballasts and the bulbs in those headlamps everyday. If a tech at the dealer you went to couldn't change a bulb, I would go to a different dealer. With regards to your post on the other forum, you answered your own question. Headlight aiming is not covered. Your headlamps illuminate. They are just not aiming, therefore it would not be covered.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone smell a bridge burning.....[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 01-10-2008, 09:34 PM

My apologies for assisting in the lowering of the tone of the neighbourhood. Frustrating to see one guy slamming the car because he can't figure out how to get his paws into a space.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it says "Headlamp aiming, as an exception" than IT IS AN EXCEPTION. IF that's the agreement on the warranty you just got unlucky, read the fine print.

I found my self laughing numerous times reading the convo between Factory Jag Tech and Benz. He's a factory Jaguar Mechanic, he is trying to help you out, just humble yourself a little. Don't ask us for help and then say I did that and you don't know what your talking about. you are acting like a jackass

Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 PM

you still didnt answer my question. What year and how many miles.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Size:  6.4 KB

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech
My apologies for assisting in the lowering of the tone of the neighbourhood. Frustrating to see one guy slamming the car because he can't figure out how to get his paws into a space.
Absolutely no apology necessary JagTech............I and others understand where you're comming from

Dennis -
Anyone smell a bridge burning.....[sm=bangbang.gif]
Toast mate - toast!!!

Jim

Old 01-10-2008, 09:43 PM

Because regardless of it being broken, they are not aiming. That is it. Select is very excplicit in their description of non covered items. Headlamp aiming is not covered. Your broken motors are for aiming headlamps only. Therefore they are not covered.

Quick Reply: *********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !