X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: *********** TRIED TO SCAM ME, SO THEY GOT SCAMMED BACK !

Dude just go to a dealer someone can recomend you, pay what they charge, hopefully not to much...take it like a man and enjoy your jag.

It's going to be cheaper than buying another used car, cuz most the time you have to pay a lot after buying a used car.

And you keep comparing an S type to a mercedes C320, keep in mind the C320 is way smaller and not nearly as beautiful as the S type, varying tho on the years, the new design is pretty nice.

My doctor couldn't even fit a cooler in the trunk of his C320 kompressor, it was embaressing for him

Old 01-10-2008, 09:46 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Just out of curiousity..Can the headlights be fixed permanent in a proper straight ahead aim, like non aimable headlight assies?..maybe the way to go.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

Perhaps it is your attitude. Try going to a different dealer. Keep your mouth shut and act dumb(er). If you treat people right they will bend over to help you. If you are acting at the dealer like you act here, it is no wonder they will not cover your lights.

Go to another dealer and tell them that the levelling motors are inop. Dont mention aiming. They can get it covered. Just stop writing about it now please. Let us know how it goes.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member

There whole headlight was probably broken, not the Allignment. It would be like if someone drops there iPod with a warranty from Best Buy, they get nothing...but if someone's iPod's battery dies they get a new battery or a new iPod. Different reasonings lead to different services. It's just the way things are, life isn't fair, get used to it man.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  6.4 KB

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech
Perhaps it is your attitude. Try going to a different dealer. Keep your mouth shut and act dumb(er). If you treat people right they will bend over to help you. If you are acting at the dealer like you act here, it is no wonder they will not cover your lights.
Go to another dealer and tell them that the levelling motors are inop. Dont mention aiming. They can get it covered. Just stop writing about it now please. Let us know how it goes.
OMFGG.............Jagtech, I swear I'm laughing so hard.
Don't know which part cracked me up the most, possibly the Pleasssssssse stop writing about it now part? I did say possibly

Jim

Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 PM

I just told you what to do. Read it. Do it. Then repost your results.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member

U WANT HELP GETTING IT FIXED. GO TO A MECHANIC AND PAY FOR IT TO GET FIXED QUIT F*CKING TALKING ABOUT IT AND DO SOMETHING

Old 01-10-2008, 10:03 PM

The end!

Evidently you never had headlight problems with your benz. Talking of benz.....are you a diver? Seems like you came up too fast once.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 26

Enoughs enough.......this topic is going nowhere fast..
All that needs to be said has been i think.....Lets move on

[sm=closed.gif]

Jim

Old 01-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Let me start by saying this...Thank God I'm a mod so that I can a few last words in.

If you have a warranty, and the warranty says that the drivetrain isn't covered, and then the differential takes a ****, then that is part of the drivetrain and therefore not covered. So if the motor that controls the aiming of the headlights took a ****, then that isn't covered either.

For the space, the performance, the luxury, the look, and the PRICE of the car, plus the feeling that you can only get from driving a jag...there is nothing like the S-type R. If you want an A in Customer Service, an A in resale value, an A in reliability, and a rental when you're getting an oil change, BUY A LEXUS. But then you pay twice as much without the luxury of the Jag nor the performance. Jags appeal to different people for different reasons.

As for Frombenz, you rarely answered ANY of our questions man. Everytime we asked something, you went without reply for a while. Don't come and ask for advice if you're not going to take it.

Oh yeah...and JagXtypeBoy, sorry for going so off-topic on your topic. I'll tell you what though, we haven't had this type of reaction to any thread in a while.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 22
Views: 24

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05
Let me start by saying this...Thank God I'm a mod so that I can a few last words in.

Jim

Old 01-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimC64

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

Jim
x3!!! Hey bigs as far as I'm concerned from the way they talked adjusting the headlights isn't covered but does this mean them manually adjusting the lights or cover the mechanicals of the light...if its labor adjusting the lights than it shouldn't be covered but when its a component of the light it should be...than again i don't work for jag either!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Okay, since his headlight issue should be taken care of...hopefully he listend to Jag_Tech.

Who would you all recommend in Chicago then...

Imperial

Patrick

A.C.

Please let me know.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by frombenz2jag
Im not bashing Im giving well known facts. Just accept the truth how it is. The Jaguar S-Type R is a cool car feature wise with the options you get such as DVD Navi, Park Assist, CATS, and the 6 Speed ZF Trans. But there are better cars and the Mercedes Benz AMG Cars are all around better perfomance cars.

The C32 AMG does perform better than a Jaguar S-Type R, thats a well known fact.

Mercedes Benz C32 V6 Kompressor Supercharger0-60 is 4.9 Secs

Jaguar S-Type R V8 Supercharged 0-60 is 5.3 Secs

C32 is a much lighter car and handles moreexcellent plus it hasa V6 Kompressor Supercharger. Not only that the C32 beats the Jag S-Type R on the quater mile too.This is a well known fact. The Jaguar S-Type R loses against M3, C32 AMG, M5s, and E55 AMGs. The S-Type R is a good car, but cannot compete against Benz and BMW Performance Lineups. The 335i, and IS350 do about the same if not better performance then thew S-Type R. Only thing the Jag has are some better options such as DVD Navi, CATS, and 6 Speed ZF, but thats it.
Buy a C32 and i will run over top you with my xjr ! IT WONT BE FOR FREE EITHER ! NOW SAY SOMETHING

Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jagxtypeboy
I wasnt going to pay the *********** any money for some diagnostic fees $300 they are crazy. All they do is try to rip people off and steal their money. I have the Jaguar Select package on my car for 2 years. Why do I have to pay any fees. Jaguar select package says zero deductible. Good thing the Service Advisor left my key on the table so I can leave. I need to get my headlights fixed though. They need to aim up. Can someone help me ? Thanks
I agree with Jim. Both you and this particular Jaguar dealer handled this situation poorly. I'm surprised they didn't tell you or you didn't ask about any sort of diagnostic fees in advance.

Please note that "Select Edition" is what Jaguar calls its certified pre-owned warranty package and all Jaguars that are a certain model year and newer and meet a mileage threshold are covered by the "Select Edition" warranty. (I have a 2004 X-Type that still has "Select Edition" coverage until 2010).

Also, this seemed kind of obvious to me, but there are no fees on any repairs that are not covered. Headlights are not covered - almost no automaker (except maybe for BMW) covers headlights. They are considered "soft items". I'm not sure why you would think you wouldn't have to pay any fees associated with an item uncovered by warranty.

Hopefully this Jaguar dealership doesn't behave this way again and you can find a qualified mechanic to take your car to from this point forward. I hope someone is able to answer your question and you get your headlights working again.