X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sub

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub

Hey guys, I want to try to add a subwoofer to my car, i dont have an amp or a sub, but if it is possible, i will go out and buy a set. I dont want to spend that much money, but does anyone has a tutorial on how to preform this procedure.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sub

There is a way of installing it that you don't have to run a wire directly to the deck. in case the X-type does not have a sub input. I did this on my stock Mustang deck.

1. connect a wire on the battery (positive) run it to the back trunk. (hide the wire under the carpet)

2. connect the negative wire from back of the amp to any metal part of the car (with mine i connect it to the light
so I can toggle it on/off with the light switch) (or you can make your own switch.) (note: there should be some sort of switch here otherwise the amp will be on all the time)

3. in the back of the amp there is a connection that goes to the sub (speaker).
http://<a href="http://customcaraudi...wiring.gif</a>
In this run another wire and attach it to the back speaker of the car (negative &amp; positive.)

note: sub bass cannot be toggle using your stock deck. but can be toggle on the amp.

I haven't installed a sub since highschool so I may have forgotten some details... but otherwise this setup should work....when monkying with the wirings make sure that you remove the amp fuse. incase you short something.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sub

How much do you want to spend?