X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof switch not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof switch alternate fix

The fix offer worked, but on my car (2002 x-type sport model) not quite as described. After turning the ignition to on I tried the recommended 20 second hold with no luck. To make it work I had to hold the forward button (closest to the windshield) until the sun roof cycled through all positions and stopped on its own. I continued holding for 20 seconds and then released and pressed any button. It works like new, thanks for getting me started in the right direction.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Default Works for me .. 😀😀😀😀 .. !!

My sunroof (X-Type Sport 2002 3.0 AWD) went haywire when I turned off the ignition while the roof was doing an auto close. The back button then stopped working altogether and on the forward button the roof went through a whole open/close/up/down cycle without stopping. On searching the forum I found this solution thread and you know the fix suggested worked first time and the roof is back to normal function. Thaaaankyoooou so much .. 😁😁😁😁😁 .. !!!

Old 12-31-2016, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
Picture sitting in the car with the sunroof closed. You push button forward to tilt the sunroof. Press and hold it this way for 20 seconds. Then release and immediately push and hold again the same way. Keep holding as the sunroof first will tilt on first push, then second push it will close, tilt, close, slide open, slide closed. At this point it is programmed. Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time around.
At FactoryJaguarTech

Joined Forum just to say a huge thank you for your sunroof switch advice
Picked up my 2016 XE R-Sport yesterday and noticed one touch wasn't working on sunroof so you had to hold button in to operate.Jag dealer did not know how to fix the problem but tried your directions and easily fixed it.Thanks so much Cheers from Fozz

Old 08-07-2020, 03:30 PM
Default Super work

Originally Posted by FactoryJaguarTech
Picture sitting in the car with the sunroof closed. You push button forward to tilt the sunroof. Press and hold it this way for 20 seconds. Then release and immediately push and hold again the same way. Keep holding as the sunroof first will tilt on first push, then second push it will close, tilt, close, slide open, slide closed. At this point it is programmed. Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time around.
I'm register only for sey thanks for saving my money.
Work very good.
Start count second wher sonroof is moving back.