X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sunroof will not open

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry sunroof will not open

okay so i accidently pressed the button to open my sunroof during the winter and i think i messed something up.
now the open button doesnt function at all
when i press the front tilt button, my sunroof raises about a 1/4 of an inch and when i press it again, it goes down like it wants to open but instead it just stays tilted down.
i have to press the front tilt button and let it go at a certain time to make sure the sunroof is actually closed.
im thinking i need to take my headliner down and replace the whole sunroof assembly, but before i do that I'd like some input from some members that would have a better understanding of my problem more than myself.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

This is actually a really easy fix and is a common problem with our cars. Our cars actually have a little sunroof control module that loses its programming fairly easily. The good part is you can reprogram it in less than a minute. If I understand your post correctly, you are saying that only one of you sunroof buttons is functional and when you hold it, it simply cycles the sunroof from open to closed to vent. What you want to do is hold down your sunroof button for 20 seconds two times. Essentially you hold it down for 20 seconds to have the sunroof go through the whole cycle and then you do that again to have it go through another cycle. After it has gone through two cycles, all the sensors will be up and running again and you will be able to use your sunroof as it was intended to be used.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in order for me to operate the vent i have to hold the button down. if i just press the button, it barely does anything...
this is what i did
i held the button down till the vent was all the way up, released it, the held the button down for 30 seconds till the vent went down on its own, but it wont open at all
it really does sound like its broken and more than just a programming issue...
if it wasnt snowing and the superbowl wasnt on id take a video and try posting it up...ill try posting a video tomorrow to see if someone knows the issue before i go spending money on a new sunroof track assembly