X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks for nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for nothing!

Thanks for nothing, no one has ever answered anything I've ever posted, what the hell do i have to do?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats the point of this thing if no one will even acknowledge you!!!!

Last edited by REDTYPE; 04-17-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

From you various posts you have had some responses and replies. I am sorry but it just your luck with forums, any forum.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Received 2,192 Likes on 1,358 Posts

I dont know about your posts, but I dont go much further past scanning the thread title, If its vague, and does have to the point info I can see and then open to answer, Im not gonna catch it. This is to everyone, and then there are the questions that would require me to research to answer......I answer most everything from the memory and experiance...Sorry but when you need deep, researched, wiring diag, tsb lookups etc...I dont have the time to spend. I need to make money and am always buried with work at work and at home....
This is a nice break and distraction on my lunch beaks or during a needed break in the day...I only speak for myself, and not directed at you, but everyone here when creating threads....Be precise and to the point on titles
There, you have an answer now to a thread of yours...
got something more specific?

Old 04-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Location: That Rectangular Hole in the Consciousness of America
Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

Good Morning, REDTYPE!

Just a quick look at your history shows me you've had 22 responses to (now 23) to your posts!

It's possible you need to hit the "Refresh" button to see them (A cold shower is refreshing, too!)

Let us know when you figure out the rattle you posted about, we are actually quite interested - there were 1,869 views to that post by you (and 18 replies!)

~Bruce

Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  19.3 KB

Redtype, your post flagged up to me immediately I saw it, please let me explain.

Firstly, posting a title such as "Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with what appeared to be 22 exclamation marks isn't really on and not going to endear you to any of the members / techs on this site anytime soon.
You may be frustrated, guess what? We all get that way sometimes. This isn't an instant message board and sometimes replies take time.
Further, as per Brutal and others posts, you need to be specific.

This is a great forum with some of the best, friendliest members and helpful techs around. If you want to fit in here you might want to pause for thought before posting / replying.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:20 AM
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Somebody needs a hug -

Old 05-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pu-thing!

Old 05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I don't even know if I've seen any of your posts and I screw around on here half the day. This forum is fairly busy on some days and things can get lost in the shuffle. I'm sure it is in the rules somewhere about bumping your own posts if needed.

To be quite frank, there are certain threads/topics/questions I don't even bother to read anymore unless I'm really bored because they have been covered eleventy billion times and the poster hasn't bothered to even try to search. Which is a helpful thing to include in your posts "I've done the search but couldn't find "whatever" so can anyone point me in the right direction"....some members are kind enough to do a search for you or go to the trouble of explaining for the 9,000th time that the X type has crappy FM reception.

Also, poor wording of the question, a lack of information, or text message quality grammer can get you ignored.

This is just my rant, perhaps none of this applies to you, the OP, directly, they are just some observations based on my time on this forum and a dozen others.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by REDTYPE
Thanks for nothing, no one has ever answered anything I've ever posted, what the hell do i have to do?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats the point of this thing if no one will even acknowledge you!!!!
Hi Redtype!

There are lots of reasons why threads don't get many responses... In all honesty I've not seen any of yours... I'm a less frequent visitor to this forum as I live across the pond and tend to use the UK based forum.
If folk post problems... and I see the thread... If I have anything positive to contribute... I will.
Hopefully you'll be patient... you will make a lot of friends on here. AND if you do have any particular problems with your Jaguar responses will come through.

Mike

Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 8,132 Likes on 4,907 Posts

BRUTAL has nailed it!! I look for interesting posts. Reading a title like NEED HELP FOR OIL CHANGE is boring. Something like 'trans fault and DTC wiring question' will pique my interest. I repair cars all day and I love a challenge. Some jobs make money but some are an interesting test of diagnostic skills.

My advise is to make the title interesting and do a search to make sure it is not a common fault that has been BEATEN TO DEATH.

bob gauff

Old 05-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobGardnerBlack
Somebody needs a hug -
+1 ...I laughed long and hard Rob.

Btw...Isn't that what Maggie said to Danny in Caddyshack?