Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tinted tail lights, smoked side markers, mina bumper blades

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default How illegal can it be?

JagX - that just looks weird.

I see lots of different colors of red plastic used on various different cars - some BRIGHT RED like on the jags and some dark red - almost like it was tinted - but you know it wasn't becuase of the kind of car it is and who's driving it.

They make "light smoke" and "dark smoke" films. I ordered the Dark last friday. I chickened out on the VHT spray after ordering that because you can't take it off, and a pair of new rear lights is about $280 if it doesn't come out well or if it becomes a problem with the police. I hear you can take the film off, so If I do get stopped for it, I bought the car that way, and will be "happy" to correct the offending modification.

Anybody have long-term history with tinting film on the tails? Manufacturer says it lasts for five years - but does that mean its going to look like crap after two or three?

Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that photo shop pic would look sick if you could get it done, and there are so many stock SUV's and other cars with the dark black around the red now that the pigs shouldnt bug you.

I'm sure there has to be a pretty good warranty on the tint. Since I took mine in to the shop, the guy has a life time warranty on the tint, so if it gets messed up or rips, I'll get it re-done for free.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JagXType620
I've been wanting to tint my taillights as well but being here in Florida it's pretty much illegal.. I know a lot of people that have their taillights tinted and havent got stopped yet but I am not willing to take that risk. So I have come up with this idea into tinting around the actual lights... Here are picures to better explain my idea... It's a horrible photoshop image but I quickly did it just to see the idea..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
If you are worried about police, I would just tint the white sections. This is basically the way 90% of factory European tinted taillights are (Mercedes, Porsche, VW, Renault, Citroen, etc.). I never get pulled over for them.