X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear coming to America..

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Top Gear coming to America..

Ha ha~ Bet it would take more than 29 days to swim 3,462 miles! Wonder how fast they are figuring you'd have to swim? If I calculated correctly a little over 5 mph! Nice find there Rudy you just search to find that out?

Old 04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

Nice find there Rudy you just search to find that out?
You talking about this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/newsletter.shtml
Just searched for BBC's website to look for news, figured the newsletter would tell. I haven't gotten one yet though.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Veteran Member

No I was talking about the google maps find! Its hilarious...

Old 04-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be awesome to have a US topgear
but i dont think Jeremy Clarkson would be the best person to host it. That guy hates american cars and hates americans, just watch his show and he bashes all american cars and even complains about the vette z06. The worst smack talk was when he reviewed the 300c. (the 300c does suck butt looks good) Just watch the episode when Jeremy Clarkson and hammond do a road trip from flordia to new orleans, jeremey says many deragatory things about americans.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

**** that mother****er then! He can suck on a dick if he doesn't like americans!

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 AM

No I was talking about the google maps find! Its hilarious...
That it is, but that was Buck's post

Old 04-19-2007, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

**** that mother****er then! He can suck on a dick if he doesn't like americans!
Easy dude, You'd have to see the episode and take it in the right context. Links were posted here at one time - try searching posts concerning "Rednecks".I thought it was pretty funny.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:45 PM

rudy,

I kind of isnt out of context. At one point of the trip he said "look at all the restaurants arond this horrid hotel, no wonder americans are Fat and Lazy". then in that same road trip episode they went into the heart of alabama and wrote things on thier cars that they were driving. one car had "country and western sucks" another said "nascar is horrible" and the other said "man love rules". No mater what counrty you go to if you absurdly offend thier culture you will get rocks thrown at you.
Did you see the episode when they had Cristian Slater on for "a star in a reasonably priced car"? he based americans to an amercian?

Old 04-19-2007, 04:09 PM

Yeah, I guess a line was crossed there. I wouldn't dream of driving a beat up rusty Jag([sm=badidea.gif]) into London while spewing obscenities about the Queen.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member

I have to much respect for the queen, but maybe I'll go and talk **** about Tony Blair!

Old 04-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member

Hey the show made for some good entertainment either way. Besides who knows if all of those people on the video weren't paid for their part in the show??? Could have been set-up like the Jerry Springer show where the people are drugged and drunk and go on ranting and raving! Get my point here. Either way it was entertainment and it apparently entertained every one that watched whether you like it or not! It got discussion on here a few times for the good or for the bad. Kind of like the guy that shot up at VT. He knew this would get him some tv time and some headlines!

Old 04-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,006 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights5.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  4.7 KB

Hey the show made for some good entertainment either way. Besides who knows if all of those people on the video weren't paid for their part in the show??? Could have been set-up like the Jerry Springer show where the people are drugged and drunk and go on ranting and raving! Get my point here. Either way it was entertainment and it apparently entertained every one that watched whether you like it or not! It got discussion on here a few times for the good or for the bad. Kind of like the guy that shot up at VT. He knew this would get him some tv time and some headlines!
Hey guys, re the US Top Gear and JC as a presenter!
He is a really good presenter and cracks jokes at most people / situations, although to be fair, has had a crack at Americans and their cars / lifetsyles etc more than once.
Most peeps over here see Americans as loud, in yer face, everythins bigger n better over here sorta people.........personally, I love them.....probly cos I'd fit right in.........lol
Re the redneck scenario..........I thought it was hilarious although a bit close to the bone at some times too

Bigdreams............OTT big guy!
I know you might have been offended, but steady on. Remember, it takes all sorts.

JC

Old 04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

It's all good, I wasn't really mad cuz I ain't really American. I'm Colombian! but I still think that if he doesn't like Americans than why will he come here to do the show? If I don't like Germans, I won't go to Germany for ****...(but I don't have anything about Germans BTW)! He's only doing a show here because he knows that the money here is 3x as much as over there. Here the advertising is much more expensive and if he gets the show on a good channel then he'll me a multimillionaire in no time.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 26

Lol.........your probably right there mate.
BTW it was the french getting it in tonights rerun I watched............Renault, Citroen and Peugeot were the last out of 156 I think it was on a satisfaction poll of so many thousands of customers...........lol

JC

Old 04-22-2007, 02:17 AM
Veteran Member

People on those shows aren't millionaire's yet jimmy?

Old 04-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Veteran Member

Not over there, but here they are! Just think if the shows popularity grows, how many advertising oportunities they'll have. Car commercials, motor oil commercials, auto parts stores such as discount, advanced, pep boys, napa, so on and so forth.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 23

Don't know about millionaires Aquill bud, but they're certainly on a good screw thats for sure!
What a lifestyle huh? And you get to play around with hundreds of different types of car everyday at work, have a laugh, play practical jokes etc etc..............man that job was soooo made 4 me[:@]

JC

Old 04-22-2007, 08:44 PM

screw the millions of dollars, i would do the job for minimum wage.
like jim said you get to drive hundreds of cars that people only dream of, play jokes on your buds, and get TV groupies!!! I would do it for free. i could test drive aaston martin, and then do a groupie right after a drive around the track. now thats the life.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

I guarantee though that these guys get special perks from some car manufacturers that support the show and maybe get them to endorse the one vehicle more than some others! Guarantee they have a few jags they never paid for hanging out in the garage!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member

Who knows, but if it ever spilled that they took bribes and changed some numbers for one car or the other, then the shows cred would plummet.

Quick Reply: Top Gear coming to America..