X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear coming to America..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: Top Gear coming to America..

I'd rather take a spin on the real thing......

[IMG]local://upfiles/857/24C5FE8AE48A49F3BAC08E0ED4250A3E.jpg[/IMG]

This shot just trips my trigger!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 64 Likes on 40 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

Are you freaking kidding me? I so want to go to edinburgh, scotland! It's located like towards the north east or something like that right? I just saw a special on edinburgh for there underground tunnels or past cities for the poor on a tv show! Stayed up til like 1-2a.m. just to watch! I've been telling my wife for the last couple of days thats where I want to go! So crazy how those things work! Now I gotta go to get some more pics of that bridge! You live near there or just travel that way?
I live in NE England its about 1.75hrs from Edinburgh which is in SE Scotland.We went via Edinburgh for a short stay holiday in Callendar last year at this guest house:-
http://www.highlandhouseincallander.co.uk/
If you go to Edinburgh try doing the Edinburgh Mile.We tried doing this on a mates Stag Night[sm=icon_cheers.gif] a few years back.You start off and have to visit every pub [sm=icon_guiness.gif]on the mile stretch.The further along you get the more people are lying where they made it too[sm=outcold.gif].We went into one pub and asked for a whisky.They pulled out a thick catalogue with 100s in it[sm=smiley5.gif]. Some cracking curry houses near the end in sight of the Castle.
Jim, have you done the Edinburgh Mile?

Old 04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure jim has!!! Thanks for the info buck. I've always loved stuff to do with things like the family seal and knights and stuff like that. As a kid I can remember thinking about going over there! I'd love to go sometime! I'd love seeing all the history. Want to visit one of the huge old old old churches and take some pictures and stuff! I'm a picture freak! I have a digital rebel that I have gotten way more than my $1200 i spent on it! Lets put it this way I've taken pictures at 3 different weddings and the first one (my wifes aunt) took a dvd to put all of the pictures on! Would have needed 3-4 discs to put all of the pics on! I can't wait to get the opportunity~screw Hawaii europe here I come (someday!) By the way edinburgh looks so cool man! Got any other pictures of cool stuff over that way?

Old 04-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

You have a bike rudy? If you have your crazy! I don't need to ride the race model the 1000rr is fast enough for me!!! Actually the new 600rr is fast enough for me! I had a 900rr and loved every second of it! Miss the thing like no other! The guy I bought my 900rr off of had a 04 1000rr that was brand new. We were putting the bike together and he let me ride the bike I was buying from him. Than he told me I was going to ride his (my bike was the first rocket I'd ever ridden that day) I rode his and I was going up the street and I didn't think I was going fast but I looked at the digital tach and it said I was doing 82 in second gear in a 25mph zone! I about crapped my pants because it didn't feel like I was going the fast! I had dreams for a while after riding for the first time! Its just like a kid riding a pedal bike with no wheels without parents supervision for the first time! IT WAS A BLAST!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

Just came back from Spain and went to a Cathedral in Barcelona that they are still building with 4 massive spires (started in 1882) and got some pics but havent uploaded them yet.If you want I'll upload them for you but not really Jag related.

Also have some pics of my Jag in UK and France:-

Scotland trip:-
http://www.x-type.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=55
Isle Of Arran:-
http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap...?id=1129226095
Jaguar Factory Visit at Castle Bromwich:-
http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap...?id=1170115214
Not quite England but France:-
http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap...?id=1153573995
Rhino attack:-
http://www.jag-lovers.org/snaps/snap...?id=1145391100
Near mine at the European Drifting Championship:-
http://www.x-type.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=428

Old 04-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

Man buck that red leather is the sexiest set of seats i've ever seen! Wish I had a set of those! That picture with the castle in the back is AWESOME! Any castle's you can get into if I did come to Europe, I'd love to see one! Forget what else I was going to say...

Old 04-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting the pics man I appreciate it!

Old 05-01-2007, 04:14 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The X looks sexy with the bridge behind it. Nice pics

Old 05-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

You have a bike rudy?
I do, but I'm a cruiser guy - Honda Valkyrie, or also a dualsport Suzuki DR650. I rode our service manager's Kaw. ZZR600 once, felt like a rocketship! I'd STAY in trouble on a sportbike! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Man, i really want a bike! I don't think it would be too wise for me at this point in my life! BUCK, the pics look awesome man! Looks like a lot of fun! Was that your son/daughter? (Can't see too well because of the hoody!)

Old 05-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

Once I get older I am going to own a honda goldwing! Those things are wolves in sheeps clothing! The valkyrie is nice! Liked that big bad one they released (03 wasnt' it???) I kind of like the bmws for their bikes too as far as cruisers go. The new boulevard by suzuki are some nice ones! I'd own alot of bikes but my true passion is sport bikes! Actually I'm watching some racing right now! Wish I could drop my knee on the pavement!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member

Man, I'd be scared to death if I had the opportunity to do something like that!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

Nooo, the track is the best place to push it hard! The track is made for speed and each and every curve is made to drag your knee on! I've heard that the tracks almost force the bike into! I'd love to have gone when I had my bike hopefully I'll get a new one in the near future! My mind is on the baby right now with the jag in at close second and the thought of getting some pwc's for the summer in a tie for second!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

Man, gladly my Nissan still comes first, then the S! Hopefully I won't need to put all things second for at least another 5 or 6 years!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member

Hey if your speaking of a baby man its really not that bad. Alot of things change after you have one but man I LOVE having a baby/kid/son. Makes me feel good inside! Not joking on that either! Hard sometimes to understand me as my sarcasm messes people up alot! Makes alot of things different, as before I had a baby I could do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted on the spot, now a little more planning has to go into things! I had job lined up at circuit city last week and had to turn it down... Life is too hard though with having a baby and than on the weekend my father-in-law and I are doing the local flea market thing with his wholesale stuff. He showed me one of his wholesalers that had car audio stuff and I love all of these kinds of things so were getting into that. Not 3 days ago saturday but the saturday before I worked the flea market all day starting at 8am and than went into circuit city after! Sucked I so didn't want to go after all of the other stuff during the day! By the way this is my other novel! What do you think so far????

Old 05-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

BUCK, the pics look awesome man! Looks like a lot of fun! Was that your son/daughter? (Can't see too well because of the hoody!)
Its my son...more into dinosaurs and Star Wars than cars.Talking off babies cant remember if I posted this or not but my wife is due to give birth in Oct and there will be 11.5 years between them..I was mentioning this to a freinds g/friend at awedding reception the other weekand she amazed me by saying her sister is 20 years younger than her.People used to think she was pushing her baby around not her sister[sm=violin.gif]

Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

Congrats Buck!!! Hey look at it like this...now that your older and the kiddies are spread out in age you are more stable to spoil him/her! Plus more attention can be given to him/her!

Old 05-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Veteran Member

My youngest sister is 15 years younger than I am! My mom had me when she was 17 and my sister when she was 32. A lot of people want kids back to back so that they can play with each other. People say that it helps in a big way to raise them when they always have someone to play with!

Old 05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

Dang thats crazy! How come your mom waited so long for another one, were you that big of a terror~lol!? 32 years old now days is actually pretty young to have kids now. My uncle's wifes family has been having their first kids at 40+years old! My mom was 18 when she had me and than she had my sister 3 years later and my little brother 5 years after me. One of my buddies older brother was like 40 when my buddy was in high school! His mom had alot of kids though!

Old 05-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Veteran Member

Shoot, my mom only had two, 14 years apart though! One of my friends had his kid, and 3 years later his mom had her 4th child! I think that's hilarious!

Quick Reply: Top Gear coming to America..