X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with doorlock

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trouble with doorlock

My car's a 2002. I'm noticing that the keyfob isn't as responsive as it used to be, so i'm going to pull it apart to clean the contacts & replace the battery. I'll report back on my findings.

Zack

Old 07-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  7.4 KB

ORIGINAL: Zack
My car's a 2002. I'm noticing that the keyfob isn't as responsive as it used to be, so i'm going to pull it apart to clean the contacts & replace the battery. I'll report back on my findings.
Zack
Hey Zack, I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but, if you're gonna do this and it is successful.......why not take some pics before, during and after and attach a write up?
I know it may not be the most technical of issue, but I'm sure that there are members who have had, will have the same problems and may have to arrempt the same process.
Could be a nice little snippet for the FAQ section

Jim

Old 08-01-2007, 10:35 AM

Had key fob problems and got the answers here.. thanks. I put new batteries in, reprogrammed both key fobs and they worked fine.... for awhile. I had to reprogram again, and again, and again. I thought it finally "took" but once again didn't work. Neither key fob would do anything.

30 minutes later after turning the car off, they bothworked fine.

This is happening regularily, working, not working. Since it's still under warranty, it is going back to the dealer. Let them figure it out. Bizarre. Something needs replacing I am thinking.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  7.4 KB

Hmmmm[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Let us know trader

Jim

Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

(Scratching head)...hmmm! Maybe some wire that's loose or a bad ground to the wireless unit!

Old 08-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who knows but its just like everything else in these cars...they just want us jag owners to come back on here and bs about weird problems to make us look dumb....I think we really have snobbish cars...maybe thats why everyone calls us stuck up snobs!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:43 AM

Key FOB problem solved. After reprograming, I used all buttons to make sure they worked, as suggested in reprograming instructions.

Problem was, that in doing so, I unlocked, unlatched, the trunk. The remote will not operate any functions while any door or trunk is open. WAA-LAA........mystery solved.

Now rethinking my cognitive abilities.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Problem solved...thread lockedddddeedededd!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Default easy fix to hood/bonnet lock sensor issue

My car wouldn't lock either. After some awesome thread info I fixed it with a cube of sponge and duct tape!

On my 04 x, the sensor is spring loaded, so I taped the sponge to the top of the spring and voila, it worked.

Now, does this fix the problem that maybe the body shop didn't put the hood on correctly? No? However, it fixes the problem until I have time to re-balance the hood, uh, bonnet...

THANK YOU Jag Techs!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Default Jag_genius fixed my lock problem

Originally Posted by jag_genius
there is one thing that happens.. specially after body shop has had it.. the switch under the hood which tells the car the hood is closed sometimes the pad where the switch touches falls off,, so when you close the hood the switch doesn't fully close causing the double beep..it's a sticky pad.. is the pad there? its' black about a inch in diameter.. near coolant resevoir

easy fix to hood/bonnet lock sensor issue
My car wouldn't lock either. After some awesome thread info I fixed it with a cube of sponge and duct tape!

On my 04 x, the sensor is spring loaded, so I taped the sponge to the top of the spring and voila, it worked.

Now, does this fix the problem that maybe the body shop didn't put the hood on correctly? No? However, it fixes the problem until I have time to re-balance the hood, uh, bonnet...

THANK YOU Jag Techs!

Old 06-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by jag_genius
there is one thing that happens.. specially after body shop has had it.. the switch under the hood which tells the car the hood is closed sometimes the pad where the switch touches falls off,, so when you close the hood the switch doesn't fully close causing the double beep..it's a sticky pad.. is the pad there? its' black about a inch in diameter.. near coolant resevoir
There's no sticky backed pad on my 03 hood and no sign of one being there, but there is a rubber boot that goes over the switch. I think I must have knocked it loose when drying the car after washing it because that is when I started having the locking problem. If this boot isn't in place it allows the switch to drop a 1/16 of an inch or less so when the hood is closed the switch doesn't completely close signaling the system that everything is OK. After I put the boot back in place all systems were a GO. I just remember now to be careful when drying things off after washing the car.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God bless you! I'm from Canada, the message said "Boot open" and a red light was on above it. You explained it Boot=Trunk. Thank you very much for your help!
I just got my car, no owner manual with it so it was scary.