X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tweeter Speaker Grill replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tweeter Speaker Grill replacement!

Yup,

35 watts is nothing. But I can't help but wonder whether or not if the 320 watt Alpine amp in the new 2007 will work in my 2002? I'm sure the new amp will put out more than 35 watts in the sub channel. If it will integrate it would be a question of how much?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:55 PM

Nate,

I hope the info helps. And I am glad that my research seems to be pretty good. Best of luck on the speakers, I am glad I did it, but if you are going to upgrade the whole package I would recommend taking it to an audio store for the install. At least you would not have to watch them cut the holes bigger for the tweeters.

Sorry for the typo's. Should have taken typing class! [8D]

Let me know how it turns out!

D

Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 PM

To all,

What sound settings do you all like....just for comparison, since I have no idea what the factory sound really sounds like.

Is 20 on the CD, and 22-25 on the radio setting about right for anyone else? Or am I just deaf.......

Cheers,

D

Old 11-16-2007, 01:42 PM

AGLXTYPE,

Can't seem to find the info you note about the stock system from your link. I would be interested in reading it though. 35W seems light for a sub amp but looking at the power wire going to it, it wouldn't surprise me.

nineball is right about the 2 6.5's vs. the 12 but you could likely make them sound good in the X w / the right drivers.The 6w0's will need a lot of power as will most JL's. I went w / a single 10 because it was easier than 2 6.5's. If you wantgood bass w / low power, try one of these 10's. http://www.decware.com/newsite/mainmenu.htm I'm running < 90W and have more bass than the small X cabin would ever need.

FYI...On the older (02 - 04) X's, there was no x-over on any of the systems per the diagrams in JTIS. The mid-bass and tweeters were simply wired in parallel.If you have one for a component speaker set, use it.

deberly,

That's where I like the volume too. I may bump the treble up to +1 w / the windows down, otherwise everything's flat @ 0.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:28 PM

xtyperick,

Thanks for the volume info. Good to know.

Also thanks for the JTIS info. I know there is separate wires, but I was not sure where they ended up. I guess I can put in the cross overs that came with my Kappa's since there is not any with the current set up and see how that affects sound. Might do the back doors first to test it out......kids won't mind.

Also I have been looking for good JTIS info. Where did you get yours? Can you recommend any?

Thanks again!

D

Old 11-20-2007, 02:20 PM

deberly,

The best part of the Kappas are the mids and highs...If you like the sound now, put the Kappa tweeters in...You'll absolutely love them.If you do not want to cut the door panels, stick them on w / silicone. I assume your tweeters are separate. Hook them up using the X-over and you can experiment w /the mid-bass. The distance from the tweeter to the mid-bass is not far so it likely won't matter. I have 2-way's in the back as mynon-premium system didn't have separate tweeters in the back, just a pathetic paper dual-cone driver. BTW...If you decide not to use the tweeters, even though you should, I might be interested in buying them off you.

If you find a good source for a JTIS CD, let ME know. I have bought 2 JTIS CD's off EBay. The first one showed up only covering years to 03...mine is a 04. I bought another one and it covered to 05. I should have made a copy. The problem is the moron used the cheapest CD he could find to make the copyand it no longer works.Luckily I printed out the electrical pages when I first got it but none of the other stuff works anymore.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:53 PM

xtyperick- shoot me a pm with some contact info and I'll mail you a copy of my JTIS CD. Covers up to 04 or 05.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want one for an 02 any luck there?

Old 11-21-2007, 07:43 AM

Mine covers from 02-05. PM me your info.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:05 AM

tokaygecko,

Just sent, Thanks

Old 11-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

done did doner...pm sent thanks!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 PM

Sorry Guys,

But I just haven't had the time to take down the sub box from the rear deck, pop out the subs and measure the internal air volume to aid in choosing the best two subs for replacement. Therefore I was wondering if anyone has done this yet? Or may have the time to do it?

Thanks,
Nate

Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 PM

xtyperick,

Sorry for the slow response. I am going to play with them over the x-mas holiday when I have some time. If I do not go with them I will be happy to sell them to you. I will contact you after the holidays.

Cheers,

D

Old 12-11-2007, 09:59 PM

Update...

I finally had a chance to take down my rear Alpine sub box from the rear deck. I took the sub and passiver radiator out and had a tech at Bestbuy test it out for me. The sub impedance came in at 2 ohms. This came as no suprise to me as I hooked up my 4 ohm JL Audio 10w0 in a ported box and got very little output. Also, the door speakers in my 02 X-Type 3.0 are not crossed over very well from Alpine. I purchased 2 pair of 85hz Bass Blockers and am looking to install them within the next week. This should allow me to crank up the system without the door speakers distorting as they do now.My 10w0 will soon be mated with a mono block 200 watt rms sub amp. This should kindle up the flame again as tomorrow I will go pick up my baby from the Jag dealer and hand over a thousand of my precious dead presidents (George Dub to be exact) in the name of...Boost Check Valve Hose Leak, Intake Air Flap Seals, EGR Hose, 2 Engine Drive Belts, Broken Tranny Mount & Sway Bar Bushings. TheEnd Links, Belt Tensioners & Non-working Reverse Sensor are all being replaced under the Select Edition part of my warranty which expires in another 5k when I hit 100k or in another 6 months which ever come first. Hopefully when I take the door panels off to add the bass blockers I will have access to a meter to read the impedance of the door speakers in the Alpine system.

Nate

Old 12-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

That crap isn't covered under the warranty?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:38 PM

Nope. Select Edition does not cover anything rubber. Broman got screwed as I thought it did!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member

So what about say seats and stuff is that covered? Would ball joints or rather lower control arm be covered there's rubber down there!??? What bs!

Old 12-13-2007, 02:43 PM

Just got it back from Jag and after 1K+ I'm still getting DSC Fault with the ABS& Engine lights on. Service manager said he will order a new harness since the codes showed an ABS senser as bad which was replaced. Plus the two pieces for my back up sensor and belt tension part have to be ordered and shipped in from the UK. Until then hope I don't need my ABS. lol

Old 12-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

What bs! Is the dealer going to help you out when all those things they replaced didn't need to be replaced and it was just your harness!!!?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:48 PM

Exactly. I feel like I went through the drive thru and per Joe Pesci in Leathal Weapon you know what happens when you go through the drive thru! lol

btw, here are a few more inquiries.

1. Has anyone with navi & cassette ever swapped out just the cassetteplayer for the cd player?
2.There is an ipod kit Jag part# C2P13741 that I want to install. I talked with Jag and they want the car for 3 hours at the tune of a buck O five an hour, cha-ching. How complicated is this part really to install? Any step by step instruction for this floating around?
3. Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to remove the navi & cassette deck from the dash?
4. Has anyone relocated their trunk mounted 6 disc cd changer to underneath the front passenger seat? If so what mounting equipmentwould beneeded?

Thanks,
Nate