X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Whining Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Whining Noise

Hey all! So I've had my cat for a few months with no problems whatsoever, it's been the most reliable and solid car I've ever had (in my grand total of two cars haha)! But I do have one problem, a weird whining noise from what I think is the AC. It's only happened two or three times, and it's not loud at all, but I can't help but be worried. It seems to only have happened when accelerating, and turning the temperature panel screen thing off and then back on seems to fix it. Should I be worried? Any ideas what it is?
Thanks a billion, Zak.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I too had a constant "Weird Whining Noise"

Changed girlfriends and it stopped. Lets hope it is not a recurring problem.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:16 AM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakeye1
Hey all! So I've had my cat for a few months with no problems whatsoever, it's been the most reliable and solid car I've ever had (in my grand total of two cars haha)! But I do have one problem, a weird whining noise from what I think is the AC. It's only happened two or three times, and it's not loud at all, but I can't help but be worried. It seems to only have happened when accelerating, and turning the temperature panel screen thing off and then back on seems to fix it. Should I be worried? Any ideas what it is?
Thanks a billion, Zak.
Need more info..Where is the noise exactly coming from?..Inside or outside?..When the A/C is on or off?..is the climate controls in auto or do you control things manually ?

Maybe a flutter in the blend damper... try full cool setting with and without A/C on... or full heat...Defrost, floor heat, vent heat...

Old 04-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DPK
Need more info..Where is the noise exactly coming from?..Inside or outside?..When the A/C is on or off?..is the climate controls in auto or do you control things manually ?

Maybe a flutter in the blend damper... try full cool setting with and without A/C on... or full heat...Defrost, floor heat, vent heat...
Sorry I thought I truly had enough. It's coming from the inside, and I always keep my A/C on auto, so the A/C is always on. We tried the A/C on and off full cool and heat, and all the defrosts and different vent areas, and couldn't recreate it. One thing I will note is that once when it happened it seemed to start up when I accelerated and stopped when I slowed down. But like I said in the original post, it's only happened two or three times in the 5-6 months I've had it, so I don't really have many specifics on it. I am truly sorry!

Old 04-05-2016, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry-Cleveland
I too had a constant "Weird Whining Noise"

Changed girlfriends and it stopped. Lets hope it is not a recurring problem.
LMAO!!!!!!