X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do in your X-Type today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What did you do in your X-Type today?

I only recently acquired my X-Type, and naturally with any used car, you find things you want to do/fix.

Today I fixed my CD players- the head unit and changer. The head unit required a lens cleaner to work, while the changer wouldn't eject the cassette and after reading forums discussing how to dissemble and grease it, one suggested a firm jolt while pressing eject which worked perfectly! I also fixed the sticky, squeaky window with some WD40 along the sides and explored the secret hidden menus in the GPS (phone + menu for 5 seconds then PIN 1971).

Earlier in the week I washed, polished and waxed it. Took it for an oil change but they couldn't do it on a Sunday as the filter wasn't available. Replaced and fixed 3/4 side markers (one of them evidently has a wiring issue). Fixed a sticky seat belt (with an extender. I know its cheating as its not fully fixed, but it works!). Figured out how to deactivate the child locks. Reset the auto roll up/down windows to work properly.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Good work Ian, looks like a nice X you have there. I've had mine 7+ years and have been thru it quite a bit with the help of these forums. I lowered mine with H&R springs and swapped the stock mufflers for MagnaFlows, and added a cold air pickup at the grill, among a lot of other things.

Upcoming things I'd like to do are paint the brake calipers red and replace the center caps on the rims with red trimmed versions, remove the seats and electric motors for race type seats with no motors, just slide action and manual recline. Also, looking to get the HomeLink to work with my garage door. There's a couple threads on here that cover it, have to check those out.

Welcome to the club!

Old 02-02-2018, 01:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

How did u solve squeaky window with wd40 ?

Old 02-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Received 149 Likes on 138 Posts

I suspect he sprayed or wiped the weatherstrip seal with the WD40. A thin coat of silicone lube would be better. A dusting with baby powder is good for the "fuzzies".

Actually, I clean and then wax my side windows, in and out. That will keep them from sticking to the seals.