Originally Posted by j_bond
XJ Super V8 Portfolio.
and
2008 XKR.
both black-on-black-on-black......with 007 vanity plates
I like how you think.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

A Jag might be YOUR next car but not everyone else's according to J. D. Power. This paints a rather grim picture.

http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/ne...spx?ID=2010238

Old 12-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony_H
A Jag might be YOUR next car but not everyone else's according to J. D. Power. This paints a rather grim picture.

Regardless, NOTHING compares to the mystique that is 'JAGUAR.'

Say it with me: "Jaguar."

I test drove a 2008 XKR last week, and in regards to driver 'retention....' I've been 'retaining' dreams about driving that car every night since LOL What a blast! Especially after I upgrade the pulley, exhaust and ECU!!! oh, and the black 20x12 wheels I'm putting on the rears!

Last edited by j_bond; 12-13-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

E - black on black with modern XKR bits. I'll just kill it for the purists out there. muhahaha

Old 12-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by exexpat
E - black on black with modern XKR bits. I'll just kill it for the purists out there. muhahaha
You sir, are an evil man. I love it!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

XFR with a few Arden parts including Arden exhaust

Old 12-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd be disappointed if Jaguar was mentioned in the same breath as Honda, Ford, Hyundai and Kia who are the top ranked in that survey!

I am not sure how you summarized that as 'it looks grim for Jag!'.

For what it's worth, jaguar sales are up 60% this year. So more people are clearly buying them. Not just that, but your article has no relevance to this thread. Enjoy your Honda, Ford, Hyubdai or Kia. I doubt very many jaguar owners are gonna switch to them

Old 12-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got my 95 XJ6 VDP because my wife worked at the car lot and she knew I had always wanted a Jag. It was not what I wanted, but I love it. If I was to get another Jag it would have to be a mid 60's E-type. I have loved them since I first saw one when I was in hight school. I love that football sized hood.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I would tend to agree.

I owned a new Saab 9-3 (1st Euro car), couldn't wait to ditch the brand.
I owned a new Volvo S60 (2nd...), didn't mind it, but never consider another.
I owned a new Audi A4 (3d...), liked it, maybe consider another in the future.
I own a new Jag X-Type (4th...), like it, but would not consider another.
I own a new Merc ML (5th), like it, definitely consider another ML and C Class (X-Type replacement).

Jaguars are nice, but they just don't offer anything THAT exciting to keep you attached to the brand or its vehicles. For me especially, my last encounter with a Jaguar dealership definitely sealed the deal for me never to consider a Jag again. I know its not Jaguar's fault, but the dealer sadly represents the brand.

Originally Posted by aluni2230
I'd be disappointed if Jaguar was mentioned in the same breath as Honda, Ford, Hyundai and Kia who are the top ranked in that survey!

I am not sure how you summarized that as 'it looks grim for Jag!'.

For what it's worth, jaguar sales are up 60% this year. So more people are clearly buying them. Not just that, but your article has no relevance to this thread. Enjoy your Honda, Ford, Hyubdai or Kia. I doubt very many jaguar owners are gonna switch to them
I don't think you quite understand what brand loyalty means, or you simply jumped on the defensive without reading the article. All it's saying is that current Jaguar owners don't tend to consider another Jaguar car, it has nothing to do with quality, popularity or sales figures. So according to your figures (source is always nice), 60% more people bought Jaguars this year, but 85% of all purchases (including those 60%) are not repeats.

Last edited by spielnicht; 12-14-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

"Not just that, but your article has no relevance to this thread."

This thread is titled What would be your next Jag. There is no next Jag for many Jag owners. This means large depreciation and a weak used market so I was just alerting your "new 60%" that they'll take a bath on these cars if they buy them new. Brand loyalty is a big factor in brand success.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Personally, my next car with be a Mercedes Benz. I love Jaguar and the class that goes along with them, but the excitement and power of these AMG's is crazy to me.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

If I were to buy another Jag, It would be the 07 S Type R or the XF R.

Reason being is I just like to have extra power in reserve, with the X type its not meant to be man handled, its a beatiful cruiser for sure but I just need some more power with the class that it presents. I don't drive crazy, but its nice to feel secure hitting the pedal and not worrying that you left your transfer case behind you.

JaggyX, a friend of mine has the C63 AMG w resonator delete, What a beast, the only thing that kept me was the interior and the dime a dozen c class's around here, literally at every other stop light I am at along with cts'

-FabFive

Old 12-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I picked up a very lo mileage STR after shedding my X. I looked at other brands but have wanted an STR for years.

Next up will probably be an XJR if I can convince my wife she needs it. I like the XFR but not quite smitten enough just yet. A 60's era E-Type will be finding a home in my additional garage once I finish construction. The goal is to have 3 or 4 Jags to pick from on a daily basis, yet park them all in the winter for Rovers and the old Jeep. Hey, a guy can dream right.....

Old 12-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If/When it goes into production and if I'm getting rid of my beloved X-type, I must have enough money to REALLY upgrade to something nice. A friend of mine plans to upgrade to a SLS AMG in the future, I want to contest him with the Jaguar C-X75, I have high hopes that it'll revive the brand.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member

My neighbor actually has a c63 and an s63 so when they drive by I often catch my self drooling.
Originally Posted by fabfive
If I were to buy another Jag, It would be the 07 S Type R or the XF R.

Reason being is I just like to have extra power in reserve, with the X type its not meant to be man handled, its a beatiful cruiser for sure but I just need some more power with the class that it presents. I don't drive crazy, but its nice to feel secure hitting the pedal and not worrying that you left your transfer case behind you.

JaggyX, a friend of mine has the C63 AMG w resonator delete, What a beast, the only thing that kept me was the interior and the dime a dozen c class's around here, literally at every other stop light I am at along with cts'

-FabFive

Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I wouldn't mind rocking a bagged XFR as a daily driver... Hmm, I wonder if there are any out there..?

Old 12-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ufoz8mycow
I wouldn't mind rocking a bagged XFR as a daily driver... Hmm, I wonder if there are any out there..?
Honestly I doubt it, although that tuning company J-complete has probably done something along those lines.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:46 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by spielnicht
I would tend to agree.

I owned a new Saab 9-3 (1st Euro car), couldn't wait to ditch the brand.
I owned a new Volvo S60 (2nd...), didn't mind it, but never consider another.
I owned a new Audi A4 (3d...), liked it, maybe consider another in the future.
I own a new Jag X-Type (4th...), like it, but would not consider another.
I own a new Merc ML (5th), like it, definitely consider another ML and C Class (X-Type replacement).

Jaguars are nice, but they just don't offer anything THAT exciting to keep you attached to the brand or its vehicles. For me especially, my last encounter with a Jaguar dealership definitely sealed the deal for me never to consider a Jag again. I know its not Jaguar's fault, but the dealer sadly represents the brand.

I don't think you quite understand what brand loyalty means, or you simply jumped on the defensive without reading the article. All it's saying is that current Jaguar owners don't tend to consider another Jaguar car, it has nothing to do with quality, popularity or sales figures. So according to your figures (source is always nice), 60% more people bought Jaguars this year, but 85% of all purchases (including those 60%) are not repeats.

Er. I think I understand brand loyalty. I was referring to the top companies on that list. Consider that Jaguar has only 3 models and relatively long times between major upgrades and it isn't that surprising. I bet a lot of people who buy Jaguars tend to switch between Jaguar to Mercedes to Land Rover to Masareti etc. My previous car was a Mercedes, I may get a Porsche Cayanne or Range Rover Sport next...I like to try different cars, but given the new xj series I am fascinated by the XJR. I bet it'll be totally different from my x type! I know others on the other hand who only buy a Subaru - a new one every 5 years like clock work.

It's harder for Jaguar to maintain brand loyalty in sequential terms, but they could with a Jag, other car, back to jag to other car etc etc. My next car may not be a jag, but it could well be the one after the next. That would fit in with their update cycles of 8 years or so per model.

Hence, why I mentioned the current growth rate in sales. The recent spurt they've seen. Also, didn't JD Powers also find that Jag owners had the highest new car satisfaction. I also recall that the XF had the best resale value of all it's competitors.

Also, wasn't a major angle of the article that resale value wasn't a big factor in brand loyalty?

In any case, the thread was about 'what your next Jag was going to be...' if a jag isn't your next car, why should you even be commenting here? I bet there are billions of people whose next car won't be jag! That wasn't the point of this thread. Was it?

Last edited by aluni2230; 12-15-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaggyx
Honestly I doubt it, although that tuning company J-complete has probably done something along those lines.
Nope.. Looks like the only XF suspension related parts on their site are lowering springs.

Quick Reply: What would be your next Jag