Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some decent yet cheap wheels. Check these out:

http://www.wheelmax.com/product.asp?ProdId=16960

Can't really beat $336 for 4 18's.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

No u can't, but quality, i don't think im going to get rims this year, but i am going to get tint, and hopefully a good set of mesh grilles.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
No u can't, but quality, i don't think im going to get rims this year, but i am going to get tint, and hopefully a good set of mesh grilles.
I'd recommend a ceramic tint. It costs a tad more, but it doesn't interfere with radar detectors or navigation systems.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member

do u recommend geting a radar detector

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 PM

do u recommend geting a radar detector
It's always good for situational awareness. But its not a necessity. My dad's been driving for 50 years without a Radar Detector and he speeds (routinely hitting over 100 in parts) and he's never gotten a ticket. He's very good at spotting cops hiding from far away though. I personally have one and I like it. It's saved me a few times and has already payed for itself. I'm gonna upgrade to a V1 soon. The cheapest RD I recommend is the Beltronics 940 or 955. Anything cheaper than that is useless and won't work. Cobras especially suck *** so steer clear from them. If you have money, the V1 and 9500ix are good to check out. It really depends on what your driving is like. Certain RD's work better in some situations than others.

But you also have to know how to use a RD to help you. Just having one on your windshield does not make you invincible. If you are the type who will buy one, then proceed to speed 15-20 over all the time because you think it will save you, don't get it. It won't really help you. But if you just want it to be aware of cops around you WITH THEIR RADAR GUNS ON (this is key), then yes it is a useful driving tool.

Nothing will save you from instant on. So don't speed if you are the only one on the road or if you are leading the pack. And they are almost useless against laser, unless you have a laser jammer too.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

how much will everything run me, including the laser one, i was watching an eposode of mythbsters and the laser fleterring is quite hard, so do tell if u know

Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM

how much will everything run me, including the laser one, i was watching an eposode of mythbsters and the laser fleterring is quite hard, so do tell if u know
Here's a good site for you to learn everything and ask questions: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/

Only some laser jammers work. GuysofLidar do good testing. http://www.guysoflidar.com/july-2008...mmer-test.html That's a link to their laser jammer test. As you can see most of the laser jammers failed the test.

To get a good radar detector and hardwire it you are looking at anywhere from $300-600. Now the laser jammer will be another $800-2500 installed. But if they don't use laser in your area, or you aren't on the highway much (main place laser is used), then don't buy it. You can make do with just a radar detector. If you want to go cheap, I highly recommend a Beltronics 940. It can be had for under $150.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whatever you do tint is important. Rims are important and help you care even more about the car and keeping it clean.

If you don't spend more than 100 on a radar detector your wasting your money. Personally I think it's better to pay closer attention if your speeding. If the things go off they've got you, the key is to not go over the limit so much that they go after you. I say buy rims and forget the detector but thats me. I bought a $120 one from walmart and the thing would never go off until I was already in front of the car or had known he was sitting there forever. Only other time it went off was every shopping center! LOL

If you buy rims make sure you realize that the more spokes the tougher/more time consuming they are to clean.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by aquill1
Whatever you do tint is important. Rims are important and help you care even more about the car and keeping it clean.

If you don't spend more than 100 on a radar detector your wasting your money. Personally I think it's better to pay closer attention if your speeding. If the things go off they've got you, the key is to not go over the limit so much that they go after you. I say buy rims and forget the detector but thats me. I bought a $120 one from walmart and the thing would never go off until I was already in front of the car or had known he was sitting there forever. Only other time it went off was every shopping center! LOL

If you buy rims make sure you realize that the more spokes the tougher/more time consuming they are to clean.
Yea there really is no need to speed. Just stay under 7 over and you are good for the most part. But if you want to speed faster, then you have to be alert and pay attention. Don't simply trust a RD to find everything for you. If they do instant on you are toast. Laser and you are done for unless you have a laser jammer.

And I have no idea what kind of RD you had, but I currently have a Beltronics 940, which is rated as the best cheap RD you can buy. Anything cheaper simply doesn't work. Mine picks out cops 10 sec-2 full minutes ahead of time. I've normally pick up radar anywhere from 1-3 MILES away. So this one works for me. Different RD's are good at diff things. Find one that fits your needs.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like MD said get laser jammer if you want to go undetected.