X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheres the current X-Type owners at?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 11:31 PM
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Did someone say mods haha?

I currently have the center resonator in the exhaust replaced with a straight pipe, and I have a pair of Aero AT2525 mufflers in the back. The car sounds amazing and will turn heads when you get on the gas (but you get some drone in the cabin). It has been a few years that I have had this setup and have had 0 issues with it. I think the key with the exhaust on this car is to leave the catalytic converters alone and have some sort of mufflers in the back (otherwise you get can get Check Engine lights).

The car isn't really suited for winning stop light races but it does pull HARD on the highway with ease. It's not the fastest car on the road but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the Jag!

Thanks to Jaguar revitalizing their image with stuff like the new F-Type R, XFRS, and XKRS, you can probably get away with making the car look more performance oriented than before.

You can check out more of my mods here: https://flic.kr/ps/UCRad

Last edited by aCapiz; 04-13-2015 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added link
Old 04-14-2015, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aCapiz
Did someone say mods haha?

I currently have the center resonator in the exhaust replaced with a straight pipe, and I have a pair of Aero AT2525 mufflers in the back. The car sounds amazing and will turn heads when you get on the gas (but you get some drone in the cabin). It has been a few years that I have had this setup and have had 0 issues with it. I think the key with the exhaust on this car is to leave the catalytic converters alone and have some sort of mufflers in the back (otherwise you get can get Check Engine lights).

The car isn't really suited for winning stop light races but it does pull HARD on the highway with ease. It's not the fastest car on the road but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the Jag!

Thanks to Jaguar revitalizing their image with stuff like the new F-Type R, XFRS, and XKRS, you can probably get away with making the car look more performance oriented than before.

You can check out more of my mods here: https://flic.kr/ps/UCRad
Damn love the jag! How did you lower it?? Do you think I'd have problems if I just kept the cats in? No resonators & no mufflers, I currently have no mufflers sounds nice but I want more, but I'm also interested in maybe just putting some flow master super 10's or cherry bomb extreme mufflers w/ no resonators, do you think I'd ever stumble with any trouble with any one of those 2 options?

Old 04-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

You probably stumble right now with your neighbors every time you drive down the street. Your car has to be very loud.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by juanjc
Damn love the jag! How did you lower it?? Do you think I'd have problems if I just kept the cats in? No resonators & no mufflers, I currently have no mufflers sounds nice but I want more, but I'm also interested in maybe just putting some flow master super 10's or cherry bomb extreme mufflers w/ no resonators, do you think I'd ever stumble with any trouble with any one of those 2 options?
I lowered the car by installing H&R Springs (lot's of information if you search on this forum).

I would go with the cherry bombs but you will need to go under the car and measure because we don't have much room back their; so try to find a pair of short ones. I think this is the safer bet instead of trying to run straight pipes, and it will smooth out the sound just a bit so it sounds like a loud performance exhaust instead of just "chopped pipes".

The mufflers I have are some of the most aggressive mufflers on the market and have a straight-through design (sorta like the cherry bombs). When you rev the engine the exhaust snarls, cracks and pops! Whenever anyone hears my car they always ask if it's a V8 because it rumbles and growls when you are cruising around town and then screams when getting on the highway.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Alfadude
You probably stumble right now with your neighbors every time you drive down the street. Your car has to be very loud.

Nope my cars not that loud although I would love to wake everyone up like that, it's only kinda loud when I slam the gas

Old 04-15-2015, 12:06 AM

I lowered the car by installing H&R Springs (lot's of information if you search on this forum).

I would go with the cherry bombs but you will need to go under the car and measure because we don't have much room back their; so try to find a pair of short ones. I think this is the safer bet instead of trying to run straight pipes, and it will smooth out the sound just a bit so it sounds like a loud performance exhaust instead of just "chopped pipes".

The mufflers I have are some of the most aggressive mufflers on the market and have a straight-through design (sorta like the cherry bombs). When you rev the engine the exhaust snarls, cracks and pops! Whenever anyone hears my car they always ask if it's a V8 because it rumbles and growls when you are cruising around town and then screams when getting on the highway.

Yeaaaah I guess I'm going to go with the cherry bomb extremes since their a little cheaper, do you have any more videos of your exhaust??

Old 04-15-2015, 08:52 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

I had a thread like this that had may responses, if you wanna click my name it will be in my list somewhere, has some of this and alot more.

For the chrome parts on the bumpers and such you should consider the stick on carbon fiber, inexpensive easy mod and comes in many colors. There are sheets that nearly cover the entire hood, misses the two sharp corners near the windscreen, so you have to shape some flat aluminum to cover those two spots to look like hood pin reinforcement.

Lowering it is possible, but it will really limit you in the snow where this cat really excels. Hard to express the joy you feel when you cruise by trucks stuck in the snow in your lil jag.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

ACapiz, I went with the same mufflers to finish out the headers and full custom exhaust.

Did you have any trouble squeezing the mufflers in location? The ones I have are 14" body compared to the 12" body of factory, not much difference but I'm just wondering... Also, with their aggressive sound, do you think they'll be obnoxious with headers and a high flow cat in the mix?

Your x is very nice btw! I love the black and red, those are my business logo colors!

Old 04-15-2015, 04:35 PM

Yeaaaah I guess I'm going to go with the cherry bomb extremes since their a little cheaper, do you have any more videos of your exhaust??
I only have the 2 videos that are up on Flickr at the moment. I can try recording a new one later today.

Originally Posted by X-TypeMentality
ACapiz, I went with the same mufflers to finish out the headers and full custom exhaust.

Did you have any trouble squeezing the mufflers in location? The ones I have are 14" body compared to the 12" body of factory, not much difference but I'm just wondering... Also, with their aggressive sound, do you think they'll be obnoxious with headers and a high flow cat in the mix?

Your x is very nice btw! I love the black and red, those are my business logo colors!
I didn't have any fitment issues with mine and the dimensions for my mufflers are Inlet:2.5" Outlet:2.5" Body Diameter:6" Body length:14" Overall length:20"

Personally if you start messing with headers and cats the sound tends to shift more toward american muscle sound (even on a v6), and i still prefer a more euro sound. Not to mention the X would star throwing codes like crazy with hi-flow cats.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:41 PM

Cool thanks, it sounds like the exact mufflers I have.

I'll bet that I don't get any codes at all. If I do, a simple o2 spacer or emulator will solve the issue. I am basically copying the factory set up just with more free flowing materials so I'm not worried about codes or not being able to cure the easy codes that will come up. We'll see how it sounds soon enough.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:53 PM

Cool thanks, it sounds like the exact mufflers I have.

I'll bet that I don't get any codes at all. If I do, a simple o2 spacer or emulator will solve the issue. I am basically copying the factory set up just with more free flowing materials so I'm not worried about codes or not being able to cure the easy codes that will come up. We'll see how it sounds soon enough.
Yup that would work too. I can pretty much guarantee you will love the sound!

Old 04-17-2015, 08:17 PM

Okay for those who wanted a video of my exhaust here it is:

https://flic.kr/p/rTMPfd

Old 04-17-2015, 08:33 PM

Dang! Yeah, that sounds good, I like it! I can't wait to hear mine with the headers in front of that!

The following users liked this post:
aCapiz (04-17-2015)
Old 04-21-2015, 04:17 PM

Okay for those who wanted a video of my exhaust here it is:

https://flic.kr/p/rTMPfd

Hey man, is your exhaust tip attached right to the muffler body? How much tubing is there between the muffler body and the tip? If it's not too much to ask, can you get a picture of the muffler placement and tip location? Thanks dude!

Old 04-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nope my cars not that loud although I would love to wake everyone up like that, it's only kinda loud when I slam the gas
Yo bro , you got one sic ride....keep adding that bling and don't let no one dis your ride. You is da man!

Ya may wanna absorb some cool ideas from ma previous work...lookin cool innit

Ama luvvin thos shopper slashin bumper mods. Anyways catch yooz on the flip side and word up at a maccy ds near ya.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:51 PM

Hey man, is your exhaust tip attached right to the muffler body? How much tubing is there between the muffler body and the tip? If it's not too much to ask, can you get a picture of the muffler placement and tip location? Thanks dude!
Ok I got the pic. The mufflers come with excess pipe on the inlet and outlet and I left around 5 inches before welding the tip on.
20150415_135345

Old 04-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone I'm in Los Angeles area, and this is my beautiful Cat. Has a custom lip (made it myself) red painted calipers, lowered on h$r springs with bilsteins shocks, plasti dip all corners matte black, and custom led lights. Now I'm also looking for a better sound for my cat I believe borla makes a set for 600$ which gives our cars a nonricer sound n it looks awesome but a little too much for just mufflers, as for the custom exhaust headers I would like to see some pictures please, ACapiz I see some Cali plates. Where are u exactly? It would be awesome to hang out with another fellow x type owner who has some mods done.

Last edited by eden_x_type; 04-23-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:22 AM

[QUOTE=aCapiz;1212335]Ok I got the pic. The mufflers come with excess pipe on the inlet and outlet and I left around 5 inches before welding the tip on.

Thanks man that helps a lot. I was dry fitting them and thought that the tip would stick out too far or look goofy under the car if some of the outlet tubing wasn't cut off.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by eden_x_type

Hello everyone I'm in Los Angeles area, and this is my beautiful Cat. Has a custom lip (made it myself) red painted calipers, lowered on h$r springs with bilsteins shocks, plasti dip all corners matte black, and custom led lights. Now I'm also looking for a better sound for my cat I believe borla makes a set for 600$ which gives our cars a nonricer sound n it looks awesome but a little too much for just mufflers, as for the custom exhaust headers I would like to see some pictures please, ACapiz I see some Cali plates. Where are u exactly? It would be awesome to hang out with another fellow x type owner who has some mods done.
I live in the Salinas Valley (so pretty much central California), in a small town called King City that is right on Highway 101. You should come up here for the Monterey Car Week that is toward the end of summer. It is a week long car fanatics dream come true. People all of the world will come to show of everything from classics to exotic hypercars like Koenigsegg's and Pagani's. Great looking car BTW and the black bumper blades look great!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay I see where, my older brother attended UC Santa Cruz, we would always pass through Watsonville n salinas, pretty awesome city I gotta say I love the hwy. anyway what's the name of the event n when exactly is this happening? Maybe my friend and his e46 m3 and I in my x type will be up for the challenge👍 thanks I try to make the Cat look as unique as possible. I love the way your x looks, what kind of lip is that, do u have wheel spacers on?

Quick Reply: Wheres the current X-Type owners at?