X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windscreen / foot blend motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default windscreen / foot blend motor

I am sorry if this has been reported somewhere else but I can't seem to find it.
My issue is that the heater direction on my x type works at either your feet or windscreen but does not work on sharing it to both. If I press the touchscreen for heat to be shared with windscreen and floor it goes to floor. If I press demist then the aircon kicks in and demist is full on the windscreen. I have tried resetting the motors but no luck I have tried replacing the motors and had limited success. I replaced the motor with the flap manually turned to full windscreen and motor set to demist before refitting and also tried manually turning flap to floor and pressing the floor button before refitting motor but either way only seems to works for a very short period of time before the sharing of windscreen and feet goes to feet only.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Old 12-07-2015, 03:35 PM

Nobody know anything about the blend motors?

Old 12-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts

Doesn't look like it......Let me know what you find. My car will only switch to demist, if the temperature outside is below a certain degree.......Good Luck.....Mike

Old 12-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Received 287 Likes on 234 Posts

twinstacks: Your symptoms are baffling. The most common problems with blend doors are:
1) they're stuck, either due to stripped actuator gears or shaft that is slipping or broken, or
2) the system needs to be reset to 'relearn' the position where each blend door stops rotating.

The problem you describe does not fit the pattern typical of #1 or #2.

Just to be certain, have you tried a full, aka hard reset, described in this thread: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...29/#post441651

Also, this post has a picture and pdf of the actuators, but you probably already know this, since you've replaced the actuators, without any luck: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...0/#post1085412

Suggestion: After you reset the system, remove the actuator motors from the air box, but don't unplug the electrical connectors. Next, operate the heater controls as you would to aim the air at your feet, face and windshield, high temp and low temp, while watching the actuators turn. Do they turn as you expect they should?

Also, can you manually turn the blend doors to aim the air at your feet, face & windshield. One caveat: when manually turning the doors, be careful not to press on the end of the shaft. If you push too hard, the end of the shaft will fall into the air box and it's a pita to get the door back into position.

Let us know what you find. I'm just spit balling, hoping to better understand what's going on.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:13 AM

Just to ask for some more help. My feet/windscreen blend motor was playing up again with it jamming all the time and when I removed motor the white plastic round part has fallen out hole into the inside. I managed to turn other side of flap so I can have air at the windscreen. How hard are these flaps to refit anyone?

Thanks