X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiringt diagram needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiringt diagram needed

Does someone have the X type wiring diagram? Specifically, the lightswitch on the dash turns on the parking lights, but they have two fuses, left and right sides. My right side is not lighting up, all three bulbs, but the right side fuse is good, #F48.
I have not pulled out the light switch from the dash, does anyone know if there are two leads from the switch to the left and right parking lights, or if there is one lead and it splits somewhere else?
And what is the color code on the wire(s) involved?
I have the service manual but no wiring diagram.
Thanks,
P.

Old 11-15-2017, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 543 Likes on 355 Posts

All the wiring diagrams are here

JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Be careful to choose the right model year; there were major changes made in 2004 and other minor changes throughout the years of production.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that is exactly what I needed. Of course I have a 2006 and they have 2005 and 2007, not 2006, so I will have to poke around to see where I fit in, but I doubt that parking light wiring changed much.
I see my problem is somewhere in the light switch on the dash where the line splits left and right or between the switch and the fuse for the right.
At least I can talk intelligently to a professional who might have the probes and tools to look into it. Like pull the fuse from out underneath the dash in the most awkward possible location and put a probe in there to see if there are volts showing.
Or pull a junction off the back of the light switch looking for the same.
P.