X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTHeck: no air blowing from vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WTHeck: no air blowing from vents

To start, I'm fairly certain my car is trying to kill me. Last summer, the compressor died (and took four other compressors/changing entire system each time to get it working - a whole 'nother ARGH for another time).

This summer, the cooling fans went out. (So AC would run okay when driving, not so much at red lights). The DAY before I took it in to get that repaired, NOTHING was coming from the vents; nary a whisper of air. No AC, no air, no defroster.

Now, I'm sure my first mistake was taking it to a mechanic that doesn't really know Jaguar (the fecking cooling fan system ran me $1400, sigh; so taking it to Jag is a little out of the question at the moment monetarily) so at first he thought it was a relay. Then he said resistor. Then he said blower motor. (And blamed Jag every time for why he had given me the wrong info, lol.)

So, a fantastic co-worker said "forgot them," bought a blower motor and went to replace it. Nada; still no air. He checked the fuses, the relay, etc. Nada.

Next step was to get a replacement climate control module. Y'all don't actually need me to say that did not work either, right? Indeed; I wouldn't be babbling on if it had. :|

So, we're stumped. (Actually, he's stumped; I was a long time ago.) Any other ideas? I saw posts that said "blower motor resistor" but for the life of me, could NOT find it. I live in Phoenix; no AC is just not an option. Dealership is probably out of the question too; single mum supporting Evil Spawn and a Vet who is fighting with the VA. So, in short, y'all are my Obi-Wan Kenobis, please and thank you!