X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-TypE

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 08:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool X-TypE

I just want to see if what you guys will say; I read quite a few threads about "Super charge" or "Turbo charge" the X-Type. I know people like certain kind of car body styling, and they wouldn't mind to spend lots of time and money to make their car look and run better just to say proudly:"I did it!". I like the X-Type very much, but read on the Forum and worked on my car, I know the engine and whole control system are a whole lot of trouble to keep it running. I like to have my car run fast too, but I also like my car run quietly, thus I don't like the noise of "Charges", have to pay more for hi octane, and kept work on the car all the time. Here's my question:
If any one think of convert the X-Type to X-TypE(X-Type Electric) to run on Battery?
I know it's not easy and cost lots of money, but it going to be one of a kind.: X-TypE

Old 06-05-2021, 12:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to clarified that I like the X-Type body style and the engine when it run OK, but it's so hard to working on it;,every time you want to replace or resetting some part, you have to remove a dozen other unrelated parts around, then when the part or the setting was done you have no way to know if it was right or not until you have everything put back and start the engine, then you find out it's still not right; such as setting the timing, if any one had done this know how much work and difficulty it involve!? and you don't know if it was right or not until spend a lots of labor to reassembled everything to start the engine to find out the timing still off!"Now what!?" That aside as you know the parts were getting harder to find as the X-Type was extinct.but the body was still looking good with no rusted, that why it spark in my mind to find the way to convert it to the electric X-TypE

Old 06-07-2021, 12:38 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Thanguar
I just want to see if what you guys will say; I read quite a few threads about "Super charge" or "Turbo charge" the X-Type. I know people like certain kind of car body styling, and they wouldn't mind to spend lots of time and money to make their car look and run better just to say proudly:"I did it!". I like the X-Type very much, but read on the Forum and worked on my car, I know the engine and whole control system are a whole lot of trouble to keep it running. I like to have my car run fast too, but I also like my car run quietly, thus I don't like the noise of "Charges", have to pay more for hi octane, and kept work on the car all the time. Here's my question:
If any one think of convert the X-Type to X-TypE(X-Type Electric) to run on Battery?
I know it's not easy and cost lots of money, but it going to be one of a kind.: X-TypE
I see others doing this with lots of older cars. Lots of reasons not to do it, but if you have the time and money to do it right, no reason not to. Good luck!