X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-type driver side window fell off track

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-type driver side window fell off track

The other day my driver side window stopped rolling down; I could hear the mechanism moving, but the window didn't. I tried banging the interior of the door to get it back on track, and then the front half of the window just collapsed into the doorframe. Dumb move. I managed to lift the window back up, and it managed to close back up when I held the up button. I haven't tried rolling down the window again for fear it will collapse again. I assume I have to open up the door interior to fix it. Is this an easy DIY fix, or will it require an expert mechanic. Thank you.

Old 09-20-2020, 08:28 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,905 Likes on 3,209 Posts

XTypenewbie, it isn't bad. The big thing that I will tell you is to before you start, tape the window in the up position. Use the tape to ensure the window will not fall on you until you are ready. So, using some duct tape will be key to doing this job. You can use masking tape, but I like a little bit of assurance that the tape is not going to let go (but masking tape does make for an easier cleanup). With the window taped up, you can remove the door panel and get inside to see what is not like it should be. I would also recommend finding a local wrecking yard that has an X-Type in it so you can get whatever parts you may need. Otherwise, you are going to need to buy a lot of stuff and may never ever use it. From the sounds of things, you have 2 issues you need to look at. The first being how the window is attached to the operating mechanism. The second being the front guide bar. Could be nothing more than some bolts that have loosened up over time. But then, could be bent, broken pieces. You will not know until you get into the door to see what you have.

The following users liked this post:
X-typenewbie (03-16-2024)