X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X type hesitate acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X type hesitate acceleration

Hi guys,please if anyone had problems like me,help.So i bought x type,2.2 147 ps,car is 114000 original km,car is really in good shape,manual tr.,but,problem is on medium acceleration,on slow and on hard no issues,on medium acceleration car hesitate to accelerate between 1800 to 2200 rpm, and sound like little dogs barking under the hood 🤣,i know it sound stupid but sound is similar,i was driving 210 kmh,car is going like hell,consumption is normal,on diagnostics no faults,they change me maf sensor,the same,cleaning something i dont know what,same thing,i like this car and i dont want to sell it but its annoying really,the worst thing is,on the autobahn and in the city i m always on that rpm s,catastrophic

Old 04-04-2023, 04:12 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,898 Likes on 3,203 Posts

RE1983, I would look at the throttle body and see if it is all silver or if it has a brownish stain on it. If it is brown, get yourself a can of either carb cleaner or throttlebody cleaner and hold open the butterfly (the silver disk blocking the air path into the engine) and spray away all the brown. Make sure to spray the butterfly valve too and using a rag with some cleaner on it, wipe the edges of the butterfly. I have seen where a gum will build up on the butterfly and it will cause the butterfly to stick.

With this being said, depending on how aggressive you are in spraying, you may flood the car out. Do not worry. What you are going to do to fix this is to get into the car and depress the gas pedal all the way to the floor. With the gas pedal fully depressed, attempt to start the car. Keep the gas pedal down for a few seconds and then start easing up on it. You should hear the car start to try and catch. Play with the gas pedal to bring it up to idle. I know what you are thinking, I floor the car during starting, it is going to over rev the engine. On modern cars, flooring the gas pedal during start up is actually the code to not allow any fuel to the engine so it can clear itself. Then, as you ease off of the gas pedal, it will start admitting fuel.

See what you have then.

Old 04-04-2023, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,904 Likes on 758 Posts

Hi RE1983,
Your engine size would indicate that you have a diesel engine variant.
The more common issues with these engines seem to be around the EGR valve assembly operation and connecting pipes. They by all accounts can get pretty gummed up or develop servo issues.
The diesel variants (2.0L and 2.2L) were never released in the North American markets and didn't tend to find their way in any significant quantity into the Asia/Pacific markets either.
Your best knowledge base for assistance may be from members who are based in Europe where the diesel models were more commonly released.