Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X type - Off topic section

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Hits V Post ratios!

Quil...I'll try to keep her at home for about a year at least, but she says she really wants to get back to work sooner. She's not the "stay at home mom" type. I might start taking some online classes for that domestic engineer career. LOL! Hope to get some pics that will determine the sex soon.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The classes are quite limited and aren't as easy as people make it up to be! LOL

But for real it isn't the easiest thing nor the hardest thing...IMO...

One is not bad at all especially if you have family near you. I'm in Texas now and going from one to two kiddies is a different situation and it limits what your able to do. Overall though it's a great thing! Keep us updated man! I'll have to go buy some Pistons swag when I'm in Michigan for Christmas!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

for those of you that follow basketball: I have been watching a few games as the season has begun and i must say those Cavs look great. Not just LBJ, but the whole team. Their offense as well as defense just looks great. I know i live in Cleveland but I am not just saying this. Does anyone else that watches basketball notice this?

Old 11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member

I love basketball...I love watching basketball...I honestly don't like Lebron (don't know why I just don't.) I respect him as a great player (which he is) I just don't like him.

I'm a Detroit fan and I live in Texas so I'm not biased at all!

You obviously posted this before the end of last nights game! LOL

I personally think that everyone is on the Cleveland bandwagon when things are going good and when they aren't going good, Lebron is never to blame and it's always the team. So yes they are doing good now but wait and see, you'll be back on the blaming the team bandwagon in no time! LOL

I'm happy for the nuggets! Chauncey is my favorite player (next to Kobe) and I hope they do well. The pistons are completely different now that they changed their entire game with just the one player. I just hope they get better and mesh better and AI doesn't ruin the team. I like AI but I'm not a huge fan (although I do have a pair of his shoes from a year or two ago) but I hope he does something this year because he always plays hard from what I've seen him play and he deserves a championship, but he's more of a me guy/offensive guy so we'll see what happens.

Anybody watch the Lakers/pistons game??? That was an awesome game although kobe sucked.

Ok here's an un-biased thing I have to say...anyone watch Dwayne Wade this year/and the olympics? I'm glad he's doing well, the last few seasons have scared me. I didn't like the heat because of Shaq so I'm happy that he's doing better now (health and playing wise.)

Old 11-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  6.3 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  9.9 KBName:  tshirt03-2.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  6.0 KB

Subject -Soccer ( football )
On a talk show 2 last night the subject was who do you consider the best footballer of ALL time and it came down to 2.....Pele or Diego Maradonna.
I was so incensed I couldn't even believe that Maradonna would be put against the likes of Pele and called in and told them so.....
Pele was and is to date the best player of all time IMO.....

Thoughts??

Jim

Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Wade was hot in the Olympics! He played like he used to when he came into the league. Aquill, you must remember the posts we had last year during the playoffs. or maybe it was the year before, i can't remember. I must say that James is the best player this game I have ever seen. I did post that before the end of last nights game LOL... I did like how 7ft, Z hit a 3 pointer. that was great. I heard the pistons got AI and got rid of billups to clear up some money to make a move on James in 2010.... I don't think he would ever go there and play. He will stay in Cleveland as far as I can tell. I think the Cavs will go all the way this year as long as no one gets hurt.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

I agree, Pele is still the best player Maradona is megalomaniac lol . He just puffs himself out of range and proportion

Old 11-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, seems like every month or so I get back on here, someone is having a kid! Hah, congrats bigs

In regards to the Stones, mannnn they wooped King LebAron...However, we got our behinds served courtesy of Mr. Pierce and the Green gang. Interesting trade to say teh least. It's cool to have A.I. in the glove state, and I'm definitely going to go buy a jersey while he's still here. However, I'm more interested in this 20-30 million dollar cap freed up this off-season....should be interesting stuff.

All fine here. Got 6 exams in 8 days (including one on a Saturday...wtf a final on a SATURDAY?!?), so have been sweating my *** off on these exams. Fortunately, I'll be staying in Lubbock during Thanksgiving studying, so that gives me additional time to study.

Aquill, you heading back up to MI this winter? I'm getting ready for the drive come Dec. 9/10th. Planning to do it in one-shot since I don't want to shell money at a hotel. Not really looking forward to it, but am looking forward to a nice solid month off at home.

One more thing, are we going to have a winter photo contest this year?

Take care all. If I don't hop on here before Thanksgiving, everyone have a good one and eat a lot, as my *** willl likely be going to taco bell or soemthing!!! I should be able to post a bit during winter break, so look forward to me posting in early Dec. See you guys around.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 32
Views: 16
Views: 18
Views: 27

ORIGINAL: ancientsanskrit
One more thing, are we going to have a winter photo contest this year?

Sounds like a great idea ancient.....the last one was fun..............get it sorted bro

Jim

Old 11-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

Hey ancient! Yeah we're going back to Michigan for Christmas. Leave on the 23rd and we'll be back on the 1st (day after my birthday.) I'm excited to go back but I'm kind of dreading the cold. Last week or the week before the in-laws said the temp was like 6 degrees fahrenheit(with wind chill)[]...Not to mention all of the snow they've already gotten[&:]...We would have driven back home but I can't do that to our current vehicle. It's been salt-free and I plan on keeping it that way. The thing looks brand new underneath so I'm not jeopardizing that!

How come your not flying? If you want get plane tickets to here in Dallas and I'll take ya to the airport (DFW or Love) and I'll pick you back up. I live about 2-3 miles from DFW.

It's worth the plane ticket if your going by yourself just for the wear and tear you'll put on the car and any possible damage you could have happen to the car (blown tire, engine trouble or any other car troubles would cost you!) We bought tickets for I think 550 for 2 round trip. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about driving straight through. I imagine gas would cost you the same amount of money as a ticket would (even though you get good gas mileage.) (figuring 30mpg and 1250 one way x2 for roundtrip with $2gas your looking at $167 bucks. Add the cost of a ticket or blown tire and you're well over the cost of a ticket.) I bet you could get a really good deal on a ticket too since you have no kids and wouldn't have to have a non-stop. Just a thought, hit me up if you need my help!

I'll see what I can do for the winter photo contest too...although I won't have a jaguar to do it with...[X(]

As for the Pistons, yeah they got spanked by Boston (man I hate Boston.) I don't think there is a chance on this earth for Cleveland to get any farther than the pistons. If the pistons don't get better I don't think there is a way they can get past Boston. I like Iverson but I don't think this trade will really supply the "change" needed to get the pistons any farther than Chauncey would have gotten them and has gotten them in the past.

I pray that the joe d. didn't trade chancey off to get lebron. I don't care how good of a player he is I don't see him ever making the pistons better. And as for best player I've ever seen would definitely go to MJ. Give Lebron a few more years and he'd pass Kobe for second on my list. I understand that trading him released some salary and quite a bit but as the Celtics have shown it's not just about one huge player on the team. To make a team you need a few good players to be great. Lebron James doesn't bring enough. If anything sheed should have been let go long ago as he's the most un-predictable performer on the team. He's a great player but you can't absolutely count on him every night (I'm not just talking about points either.) I'd rather get D Wade in Detroit and another player, especially with developing some of the young talent we already have because the young guns have lots of potential. Another thing I hope is Kwame Brown could play every game like he did a few weeks ago against the Lakers. I haven't been able to watch a game in a couple of weeks to see their progress but from what I've seen on sportscenter it hasn't been that good.

Sorry Jim I know nothing about your "football" [8D]

Old 11-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 31
Views: 13
Views: 29

Hey Aquill...................man what a write up......lol

You missed " Fromebenz " .............he was back!!.......If only for the briefest of moments before we sussed him out. Turned up with an XK spouting all the same ole BS he always did. Got about 13 posts in before we sussed him n binned him.
Check out the XK section next time you're around

Jim

Old 11-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

I'll have to do that Friday! Are you sure it was him and not another troll? I thought for sure he'd be locked up by now??? Do you remember that whole situation?

Old 11-27-2008, 04:08 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 11
Views: 15
Views: 17

Lol.......definitely him Aquill........He's learned to keep CAPS off but then again we only told him like a million times.
There's just wayyyy toooo many similarities for it not to be him. The guys a nutjob[&:] with nuthin better to do with his time.
Anyway - its done.

Jim

Old 11-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Veteran Member

Man I always miss these things...[:@]...

Last I heard he was pretty much ready to go to prison for fraud and a bunch of other things...

I can't believe that he made his way back on here and didn't even change up his bs in the process? You'd think a professional scam artist would have common sense???[8D]

Old 11-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Dear Admin please take care of jon whose posts deleted by myself a few times .He is quite frustrating

Old 11-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member

Huh cadi???

Hey cadillac have you seen the cadi I've been looking at?[8D]

Old 11-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

I also just noticed that the car kyleport (frombenz) wanted is literally in my old stomping grounds in Michigan! I can't say how many times I've roamed that ford dealerships lot...I wonder what Frombenz was doing in Michigan when he lives in NY???

Old 11-29-2008, 03:27 AM
Veteran Member

Nope, what Cadillac are you on ? lol
Please stay away from FWD Northstar craps

Old 11-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

I can't honestly say I'd ever own a northstar!

That is probably the intriguing about it actually (the only reason I really even considered it after finding out about it!) It doesn't have a northstar at all, actually either an LS6 or LS2 depending on which year I'd get (if I get it.) If everything works out at one of the local 2 pd's I'm in the process with I'll need another car so I've been looking into a cts-v. I've always wanted a stype r but I wish it was stick. Fortunately the V has a 6speed and vette motor. The best part/worst part depending on how you look at it is they have nearly just as bad of a resale value as jags so you can get them cheap. But I don't know if I'll end up with one but I'd love one. I took one for a test drive a couple of weeks ago and man was it nice, the interior sucks (boring) but that doesn't bother me as I could do stuff to the inside to make it better if I wanted it comes with navi stock so that is a nice start and bose with a sub. The major upside is aftermarket is huge for the car and it's quite capable on a track which is what I'd love to get into (someday.) Reliability wise, the car is just like a jag so yeah of course there will probably be problems but it doesn't have a northstar and the other stuff can be fixed. The important part is the drivetrain is one of those things GM actually can get correct (minus of course the differential but you can always upgrade that.)
Name:  0622081237a.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  77.3 KB

My other decision is whether or not to get a bike too until we can move closer to the departments headquarters because one day it took me nearly and hour and a half to get to the pd which sucked. With a motorcycle I can roll in the hov lane and blow by all the non-driving texans this state has, my time to get to work would be around 35-45 mins vs. an hour or more.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

That's a correct car for performance wise yet reliability . I find only downside to those V Series is that they don't come w/ the auto tranny at all . However you know that's all personal choice .If you hare happy w/ manual then no problem .
Recently Itook a spin in an X300 XJR , my world it was what a car ,amazing performance ,would like to own one lol

Quick Reply: X type - Off topic section