X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X type - Off topic section

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: X type - OFF TOPIC SECTION

I'm far from being labeled amale chauvinist. However, I am startingto see the truth behind the phrase, "Women can't drive."

Case in point: Mother needed to borrow my car yesterday. She's been careful to put a lot of miles on the X-type, so I was like what the heck, why not. Important info: Mother has driven my car three times (including yesterday). I should mention that the first time she drove my car was 3 daysafter I had bought the car from a friend. Anyways,she managed totake the driver's side mirror off from the garage door rail when backing out the garage. She also managed to hit my father's Taurus when backing out of the same driveway with my older Ford Aerostar. (Now you know why we were so glad that the X-type came with rear parking sensors!!! )

Anyways, fast-forward 4 years later to yesterday. I jokingly said, "I better not have any scratches or dents when you come back," as I handed her the keys. I don't have the best car in the world, but I'm very meticulous about it. The car was bought with hail damage, but from far away, the paint seems really good. I park faraway from everyone in most parking lots, I maintain the paint every year with a claybar, wash and wax religiously even in the winter, and so on and soforth...

Well....she comes back a few hours later. She had to run some errands at a Riteaid (a local drug store) and went to the public library. I come outside to pull the car inside the garage, and I wasn't inspecting the vehicle oranything, just casually throwing a glance while walking towards it. Well, lo and behold, there's a nice 5 inch gash on the front bumper. I look closer to take a better inspection, yep it's deep, past the primer. At this point, I'm cursing and laughing at the same time. I mean seriously, in three hours how do you manage to do this?!? I've owned the car for 4 years, and drove the car in a densely populated college town (parallel parking day in and out), without receiving any major blemishes. Yeah, so I was po'ed when I first saw it, but I know she didn't mean it. Just dumped some touch-up paint on it. I still don't get how she managed to do it. It's on the top of the front bumper, like somebody took a key facing downward and gashed it. Or perhaps somebody in an SUV backed up too far and perhaps the licence plateframe or something or other scratched it.

Thus, I come to you guys, and ask asimple question, what is going on here?!?! Is it somethingwe as men, shareinstintively?For example, we go to the mall andsee an empty spot adjacentto alarge escalade with its *** hanging partiallyinside the free parking spot and think, "there's no way in hell I'm parking there" whilewomen are like "oh great, a free parking spot." God, I can't recall how many times this exact scenario occured while I was dating this one chick in college. Except she wouldn't be the paker, she would be the parkee with the car's *** hanging partially in the other spot's side. Therefore,I've come to a conclusion, my next car is going to be a manual! (I guess that's where youBrits lose out as almost everything is a stick).

Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Give up on how they drive. They smell good, they know we want them, they know they've got us...You did the right thing, laugh and cry and put on a little touch up paint.[:@][&:][8D]

Old 08-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  7.4 KB

Nice story ancient and oh so true[&:]

Jim

Old 08-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buying a manual works, until the woman decides she knows how to drive manual, only to find out later she does not at all knnow how.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

LMAO at kens response. Too funny mate. My mom is a great driver, but I'm still hesitant to let her drive my car. I'll let her hold the Nissan, but not the Jag. She's had enough strange people driving her and crashing her already. My mom drives stick so that's no solution for me.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shoulda bought the x and maybe she would have cared a little more!!! I assume she was driving the contour???

Old 08-17-2007, 05:15 PM

Yep, the Contour.

Yeah, if I had an X-type, I'd probably have a heart-attack every time I took it out. Whenever she lets me drive her car, I feel very panicky. I noticed that people tend to drive like asshats when you go out in a nice car. This is why I love the Contour, people intentionally try NOT to hit you...hah!

Dude, like I said before, Contour was cheaper than cheap. With my budget 4 years ago, there's no way in hell I would have been able to get an X-type...and now I'm even poorer!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been awhile but here's an update: My new album is available for listen and purchase at the address below. Thanks in advance...

www.cdbaby.com/intoxicatedmusic

Old 08-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds pretty good man...you guys have any edited stuff??? But seriously...can't be feeding a growing mind all of those words...Son already pulls himself up crawls, has 4 teeth and he's only 6 months old...sounds like he's telling us mommma and daaad daad....you know what follows and hate to hear him say some words I'd have to punish him over!

Who are the 3-up guys I'm more into their flow...

All good stuff though!

Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Holy crap...Andy came back from the dead. A bit ol school for my taste, but sounds good none-the-less.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:42 PM

Glad to hear good reviews...thanks for listening!! I dont have any edited albums as of now, but there are a few songs with no cuss words. 3up is a group that we picked up from here in Maryland that we helped develop. If you wanna get a good laugh check out the video teaser I made...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glv4mKgnQX0

Old 08-18-2007, 08:00 PM

Dude, you desi?

Ish is alright. You need to flip it up a bit on the vocals, though. From what I heard, it's too monotone. You got some nice beats, though. You produce your own instrumentals? I have some friends who work in the same industry, so I respect your craft and dedication.

Good luck to you, bro.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 35

Nice to see you back around Andersen

Jim

Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Good stuff !
Now it's Dunhill's return lol

Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

What radio station where you on?

Old 08-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 17

Just watched the video n interview.........Go Andersen!!!
All the best bro...........remember us when ur famous though

Jim

Old 08-20-2007, 07:15 PM

Thanks for the support, Im keepin real busy with the music, work, and fam. My X is doin fine, but my AC is actin a little funny, might need some coolant or somethin. Haven't made any mods of late but Im lookin at gettin some nice wheels soon...

Old 08-21-2007, 05:54 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 15

There's been a few members recently goin on about their A/C acting up too. A few have looked at recharging the system.
What wheels you lookin at Andersen? What size n spec you lookin for? Fill us in.

Jim

Old 08-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Veteran Member

Look at the relays before going and spending $50 for a re-charge. Quil was talking about the same problem and a relay was a his solution.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Ill take a look at that relay issue thanks BigD, as for wheels, Im not inclined to release that info...Ive got a few ideas that nobody else has done and I dont want someone to steal my idea. Not saying I cant trust any of you but lots of people browse these pages...but I will let you know as soon as I make a decision...[sm=drooldude.gif]

Quick Reply: X type - Off topic section