X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X type - Off topic section

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: X type - OFF TOPIC SECTION

Made some stuffed mushrooms. Turned out really good. If anyone is interested, I'll post the directions.

Let's share some winter food items! I've got Thursday till Jan 2nd off, so I will be cooking up a storm.

Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  59.5 KB

Old 12-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like this stuff they have at the store called egg nog...I don't cook though sorry!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

It seems you're a good cooker besides owning a cool car

Old 12-19-2007, 07:38 AM

Yep, you know those Ford Contours; they're the epitome of cool [8D]! (I don't own a Jaguar!)

I love to admit it though, I make a granny's car looks cool.

C'mon guys, I'm sure I'm not the only guy who cooks on here?!?! You know, girls love a guy who can cook.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

You mean your cooking has to make up for not having a cool car!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  7.4 KB

Mmmm I have a cool car and can cook too, well sorta...lol

I do a mean Salmon in a butter sauce, wrapped in tinfoil and set at 200 for around 20 mins, with new baby potatoes in a garlic n herb glaze, baby sweetcorn and a sprinkling of spring onions.....mmmm

Jim

Old 12-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

You know what...I make some mean ragu with this really awesome pre-made garlic bread. Man I'm still burping from it right now!

Old 12-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

I've had to learn how to cook. My wife can't boil water, because she'll burn it somehow instead of making it bubble or even evaporate. LOL! I make a mean lasagna and my pancakes, French toasts, and croissants are the best.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: JimC64
I do a mean Salmon in a butter sauce, wrapped in tinfoil and set at 200 for around 20 mins, with new baby potatoes in a garlic n herb glaze, baby sweetcorn and a sprinkling of spring onions.....mmmm

Jim
:drool. Jim, that sounds awesome. Mind posting up the exact instructions on how to make this?

Bigdreams, I hear ya brother. My old ex-gf, couldn't make rice. It was ridiculous. Thing I noticed, is a lot of my friend who are girls, can't cook worth crap, neither. When I told my mother about the gf incident, she nearly flipped. I dunno what's up with these girls these days. I'm self-taught, and gained some fundamentals from my mother, but I refuse to eat microwave dinners everyday. That crap is disgusting.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BURNED WATER!! LMAO. Damn man I hope I will get a wife that can cook lol.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

That does it. I'm going to Ancientsanskrit's for appetizers, and Jim's for dinner. I'll bring beers and dessert. (Buuuuurrrrppp!) Oops, excuse me. I'm hungry now!

Old 12-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

Old 12-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

Don't like spaghetti warmed from the store? I boil some mad noodles!

Old 12-20-2007, 09:12 PM

RudeF6: Hah, you're more than welcomed, but last I checked, Detroit is nearly 3000+ miles from London. Unless you've got a space shuttle in your garage, either Jim's fish or my mushrooms are going to be cold!

Aquill, I survived college on that diet. I was so fiscally inept, I would add hard-boiled eggs in my spaghetti b/c meat was too expensive!! I could get Meijer's sphagetti/rotini + Meijer's sauce and Meijer's eggs for a little over $3. Plus it fed me two solid dinners and two solid lunches. Good to know I'm saving every nickel and dime right now to go through that crap again in a year or two.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Veteran Member

You go to state? I'm a spartan although I've never attended! If your uofm screw you!

Old 12-20-2007, 11:27 PM

Do I go to State?

Heck yes, for the booze and hot girls.
For the academics, nah.

Did undergrad at UofM. Will be pursuing MD at WSU (in a year or two). Really depends on how I feel. I enjoy working, and I hated school. Tons of time to relax and enjoy while working. I've come to understand that people who hate their jobs and glorify their undergrad years, probably went to a joke college. UofM was brutal for me. I studied around the clock and worked to make near minimum wage in a ground-breaking laboratory in novel HSV studies. Not much time for parties and fun. I had a tough *** concentration, so that didn't help at all. So all in all I'm definitely taking my time and enjoying while I can. Only thing that sucks is I live w/the folks. After living alone for 3 years, this is a step backwards. But I need to save the money.

Anyways, who cares about all that junk. Did you see that Celtics game last night? Shiz was bananas. I was so pissed off when Billups lost the ball on the second to last play. That dude always gives me a heart-attack when he's in a clinching position on the freethrow line. He's just too calm! He shoots his game-clinching freethrows like he's in practice. No resistance/hesistance whatsoever. Crazy sonuvagun

Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah that was a freaking awesome game! Best part is we won with their full team no missing allen or anything, at least that way the analysts can't say "well their missing their no1 or no. 2 player" but nope we beat them when they were full strength! Not to mention they were at home! Yeah billups is my favorite player in the league and he's been since he came to the pistons...best part is how confident he is in his own shoes but the fact that he backs it up. I love the fact that it wouldn't matter to him to get a double double in rebounds and assists vs. scroring..makes him the ultimate threat not to mention he's a strong low post player on someone his size...too bad he wasn't a few inches taller man he'd be sick!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is off-topic from the above comments, but i just need some advice. Im going to be going to Lake Tahoe this weekend and have never taken the X on snow. Looking at the winter pics u guys have posted im sure u have experience in snow. Will the X be ok to drive in the snow, or will i need chains for it? Im guessin ill be goin up a mountain so just wanted to make sure before i leave.
Thanx in advane forany help.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Even though it's probably kind of late for the snow driving reply, I'll give it a shot. It will be more than okay to drive in the snow. I highly doubt you will need chains. That is unless, you're hitting major amounts of snow. In which case you probably shouldn't be driving as you will ruin the under-carriage of the vehicle. Take it to a parking lot/empty spot and practice. You'll become confident. Two simple keys, 1.) Drive slow 2.) Anticipate braking and you should be fine. Also, when you're practicing lock it up and trigger ABS so you know what that feels like and how to make the corresponding reaction. You'll be fine.

Changing gears again. I just bought this rum cake off amazon, called Tortuga. This thing is friggin' amazing. I highly recommend buying it.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member

I'm a little too late...hopefully you'll let us know how it went...
Hey 04 do they require by law chains in your trunk that way? If your getting feet of snow up there 04 give up but its not good for that the car will bottom out on the snow...

Quick Reply: X type - Off topic section