Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X type - Off topic section

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts
Default RE: Off Topic Section!

We just talked and she got my phone number too.She said she suddenly stopped and got out of the taxi and run fast to catch me . Then what happened ? Well, you know we were at Starbucks .I think she is still in love with me lol

Old 04-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya...what about you?

Old 04-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

he sucks...cocky sob...[:@]
[sm=noooo.gif] How could you say such a thing? He is breaking record after record. He may not be Kobe but I would bet then when he has been in the NBA as long as Kobe he will be noted as the best player ever to play.... welll one of the best. I don't think I have ever seen a player toss up fade away 3's and hit them like he can, plus the power and speed he has when driving the lane... Just a treat to be able to watch such a player play. Remember game 5 last year when they played Detroit?? I have never seen any one player take a game over like that... in any sport.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Veteran Member

Uh...let's see because I hate him....well hate is a strong word...I don't like him at all...kobe is the man...In comparison to best player ever mj comes to mind...nobody can touch his airness...

Old 04-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Veteran Member

well Jordan was a great player.. he changed how the game was looked at... but, he cheated... a lot. he pushed of on almost every play, held other players while on defense and took 4 steps all the time. But, the refs could not call that stuff on him. He is MJ! Set a new standard in the NBA. A true great player to watch. Heck Kobe is kind of like Mike in the way he plays as Labron is like Tim Duncan and Kobe mixed togather... but still growing. I think L.A. and Cleveland in the final would be sweet. L.J vs K.B.!! that would be good.. almost classic.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

What about me ? I likeherbut not in love anymore lol [&:]

Jordan was the greatest player and a real legend like Schumi version to NBA [8D]

Old 04-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member

Oh come on...it's the nba where 4 steps are allowed...that is every player not just mj...when your raped by triple teams and people grab all the time, there's only one thing you can do to get away...The rules have changed league wide to stop everything that was going on either way, whether it was the offensive player fouling or drawing contact that was bs or a defensive player using their own way of cheating. Now you can't touch a player for more than 3 seconds or whatever. LJ is so boring to watch, I find him boring whenever he drives it isn't finesse or pretty it's just driving to the rack. His shot is ugly to watch him throw up. I just don't like him, the fame got to him too quick and there is almost no way I can actually like him...perhaps someday...

MJ is and will always be the best, there is nobody that will touch him even if LJ scores more points or does this or does that. He was 18 and playing basketball with men, when MJ came into the league it was a different style of play. There was lots of dirty play and a lot of abuse so it will be hard to compare. LJ wouldn't last in the old league he would have been too beat up.

As for la and cavs in the playoffs I'd be shocked to see them get past the second round. The lakers going somewhere is a large possibility but the cavs suck. Hopefully the pistons meet up with them...what happened last year won't happen this year...

Old 04-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

i think Lebron takes more abuse than any other player. if he was not so big he might not last but he is too big and too strong and i think for as big as he is he has finesse. Lebron is 2 inches taller and weighs 50 lbs more then MJ did. 50lbs is a lot.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member

Darn et all...make that 3 times now that my typing got wiped clear because mozilla closes (mouse fell on ground and shut down my browser clearing my typing)[:@][:@][:@][:'(]

I had a really awesome write up going with many good points and now can't even compare anything to that...man this sucks!

Had the pistons not given up last year in the eastern finals lebron would still be just a superstar and not "THE MAN" which seems to be the case these days. We were up marginally and ended up giving up allowing lj to have these so called "heroics." Had we won that game the pistons would have been in the finals. I find it comical that lj has one good game and magically when so many people were still skeptical about him they changed. Had the pistons not given up he wouldn't have gotten any credit for playing in the playoffs. He would have been the player that passed the ball on a easy layup at the end of the game and couldn't help his team get to the conference finals. But the pistons give one game up and magically he's the man...that drives me nuts![:@][:@][:@]

He got instant celebrity status before he was even a celebrity...here's one of my favorite quote's from him...

"In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. That's one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire. I want to get to a position where generation on generation don't have to worry about nothing. I don't want family members from my kids to my son's kids to never have to worry. And I can't do that now just playing basketball."

Not only does he sound like a greedy a-hole in that he also doesn't know the first thing about proper english. I might not be good with grammar or punctuation but I clearly know that "don't have to worry about nothing" is incredibly wrong!

To me with his first contract when he hadn't even played in a nba game yet he signed 150million dollar contract. If my sons and my sons son couldn't live off of 150 million dollars or actually not even live off of it but not have to "worry about nothing" I'd be a failure as a father. Clearly his status has gotten to his head and it disgusts me. [:'(]

Old 04-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member

BTW he's crazy if he thinks he can't make enough money just playing basketball w/out a single endorsement let alone with all of his endorsements...makes me sick...[:@][:@][:@]

He wants to be a billionaire and I want the cavs to get smoked by the wizards! Or even cavs/pistons matchup...

Old 04-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member

I find it comical that lj has one good game
he almost averaged a tripple-double this season... I can see where you might not like his comment about the money thing but in no way does that mean he is not one of the greatest players in the NBA. That's like saying Kobe sucks because he raped a girl. Now he may have he may have not but, he is still an unreal basketball player. I also did not know you were a Pistons fan.... I guess i would dislike the guy that crushed your hopes of going to the Finals also. lol

Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member

Talking about last seasons playoffs and one good game. Nobody cares about the regular season it's all about the playoffs and how many championships you have. Regular season means nearly nothing to most critics alike, whether you can perform in the playoffs and in clutch is how true greatness is calibrated sports wide. Had the pistons not faltered lj would still have to wait to get the cred....although a lj fan could never see it that way...wish I would have taped last years playoffs and every sports show...

Old 04-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member

LJ averaged almost 30 pts a game in the playoffs......

Old 04-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

Not getting my point...apparently...Had he not had that one game and the cavs not went on in the playoffs he would not be seen the same...30pts or not...Averaging pts isn't the same as winning...

Old 04-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member

true but Kobe has help.. who does LJ have??? I still think at this current time that Kobe may be a better all around player but LJ is close if not better. In time I think he will set the bench mark for the future players.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Veteran Member

Cleveland had a handful of players that many teams in the nba would take...at least during last years playoffs...lj is more the story this year than his team...the whole thing with elite superstars is that they make their teammates better...all I know is that I could never play with any team with a superstar if I were playing basketball (playing for the fun of it that is) I'd be working my **** off for them to take 40-50 shots a game and me shoot a handful of times...guarantee we could agree on that one!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member

kind of agree..... LJ only takes 20-30 shots a game. That is why you never see him score 100 points like Kobe... Now Kobe takes 40-50 a game.. it least. the Cavs have a few ok players but nothing like Kobe has had like Shaq?!? He Has always had great players on his team and still tosses up 50 shots a game. Maybe one way to put it is: Kobe is a better scorer- James is a better all around player.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

Until it comes to defense...

Ok I have one we can agree on because I'm not agreeing...

EVERY SUPERSTAR IS OVERPAID IN THE NBA!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

I can agree with that!

Old 04-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

BTW you like the kobe/aston jump? Pretty neat looking although fake...jerry bus would never ever ever ever let that happen!

Quick Reply: X type - Off topic section