X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

x type remote door

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry x type remote door

i have replaced both key fob batteries and done the 4 time ignition sequence with both key fobs, every thing works fine apart from the remote doors on fob, boot open works by remote aswel as lights, doors lock n unlock with the key but will not work remotely, any ideas how to solve this annoying prob. its a 2002 x type 3.0 v6 sport R, ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED THX

Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by davey f
i have replaced both key fob batteries and done the 4 time ignition sequence with both key fobs, every thing works fine apart from the remote doors on fob, boot open works by remote aswel as lights, doors lock n unlock with the key but will not work remotely, any ideas how to solve this annoying prob. its a 2002 x type 3.0 v6 sport R, ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED THX
Hi Davey,
I've had this problem on very rare occasions, I think the system
just gets confused sometimes...... so, try this;

1. Open Drivers Door, Insert key into ignition and turn to ON position.
2. Turn ignition to OFF, Remove key and close the door.
3. Now try the remote - to lock your vehicle.

I've found this works..... to somehow reset things.

The following users liked this post:
susiebabe711 (11-21-2021)
Old 01-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,929 Likes on 3,225 Posts

Davey, I know this is going to sound funny, but manually operate the locks a few times from the driver's inside door latch. Our cars actually lock the doors 1 at a time and if it senses a door not locking, it doesn't continue on and lock all the other doors. So, in your case, because the driver's door is the first door to get locked, if it doesn't move, then the other doors will not lock either. When using the key, there is a different sequence that the computer uses for some reason.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 AM

thx lcgi and thermo for ur replies, tried both of ur suggestions but still no change, do u think disconnecting the battery for a while might reset the system? thx.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
gr1

im having a similar problem on my 2004 s type I have to hold the unlock button down a few seconds to unlock the central locking if I try lock and unlock straight away its the normal one click of the fob if left a few hrs locked one press of the fob don't work I have to hold down the unlock switch a few seconds

Old 08-18-2019, 04:51 PM

I had this problem where sometimes the key fob would properly lock and unlock, but at other times it would beep the horn instead of locking. The issue is the X-Type "smart locking" system. If a door, the hood or the luggage compartment are open and an attempt is made to lock the vehicle, the direction indicators will flash 5-times and the horn will chirp twice as a warning that the vehicle is not secure. Simply check all these items (open and firmly close each one) and the key fob should lock the doors.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:40 AM
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo
Davey, I know this is going to sound funny, but manually operate the locks a few times from the driver's inside door latch. Our cars actually lock the doors 1 at a time and if it senses a door not locking, it doesn't continue on and lock all the other doors. So, in your case, because the driver's door is the first door to get locked, if it doesn't move, then the other doors will not lock either. When using the key, there is a different sequence that the computer uses for some reason.
Thanks I didn't know that. Very interesting. Where the heck do you come up with all this information?

Old 08-19-2019, 04:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 761 Likes on 678 Posts

It's in the forum threads under search. As I've stated too many times nearly everything that can or has happened to these X's has been discussed at one time or another. Only reason I have a fair amount of knowledge is curiosity and spending a couple of years searching and reading threads and internet posts. I have a decent memory of anything I've read, now finding it again is an entirely different problem, lol. There have even been a few cases of a locking mechanism being goofed up in the sequence and the latch "cycles" numerous times rapidly trying to get locked (on a single door).

The sequence is driver's front, passenger front, driver's rear, passenger rear. Thus why if the driver's door lock has a failure, it can really make getting into the car a problem as I assume the unlock sequence is the same, based on if you have double fob actuation enabled (1 push for driver's door, 2nd push for the 3 remaining).

Last edited by Dell Gailey; 08-19-2019 at 04:13 AM.