X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type v.s., S-Type

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adam Lueb
I find the X a more attractive car then the S even thou they look almost the same. The AWD sold me on the X, as someone said it would be a garage queen in the winter. The company that owns Jaguar, an India home based company wanted to design a replacement for the X at about the same pricing. But this company has put some much money into Jaguar they back away from the idea. In fact there are some car critics out there saying that Jaguar might not be around in a couple of years. As they can't produce or sell enough cars to turn a profit. This comes from a article in Automobile Magazine I read a while back. Hope Jaguar can get on its feet again.
Before they quit making the cars altogether I believe the company would be sold once again if they aren't making a profit. Such crap that comes out of car companies these day's it's amazing what people tend to pay money for over something so nice as a Jag. But heck, the less they sell the more special I feel driving a car that not many have, LOL.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=Striker27;448502]I bought the X type purely for its AWD.. Sadly the S type does not have this feature wonderful feature. However I am enamoured with the S Type R but with out the AWD feature it would be just another garage queen I am unable to drive when the snow flys. That said I can only hope that one day in the future either the XF or XJ are released with an AWD option. My X type is getting older with each passing day. It has been a wonderful car but as time goes by you do want to get into a newer vehicle..

I can't agree more. If you are looking for AWD the X is your only option. I love the body lines of my X and dont' like the looks of the S at all. I can't really explain it... it's just my opinion. Instead of having a S Type R that I could drive in the snow, I'd prefer an X with the additional power under the hood.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Lueb
I find the X a more attractive car then the S. Because of the grille, I feel the X grille looks much better on a sedan than the traditional Jaguar grille on the S. This grille looks great on the X 120's and so forth, but on the sedan, I don't think so. Other than that the S is quite attractive and I guess its V8 is quite peppy.
i must say like your point of view ....!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile S versus X

Originally Posted by cel2620xl
i must say like your point of view ....!
I was down at the Jaguar dealer last week and in the parking area there were 4 S types of different years, as each had small difference in the design of the car. One thing all four owners did not take care of their cars, all of them need a good polish and wax jobs. Interestingly they were all white cars. After looking at them I also concur the X is a much nicer looking car. One thing about the X everything has a place on the body, no surprises, on the S the grille stood out like someone had a afterthought and put a grille on the car, ditto with the headlight another after thought. All had sunroofs, not moonroofs. One thing I did like were the interiors, I couldn't get into the cars but the interior design is decent, as least the horn rim fits, not like on most early X's. Also, the C Pillar there is the V8 emblem, strange place to put it.