Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The XF official pics and info

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The XF official pics and info

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jaguar-xf.html

here you go gents. official info and pics.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The XF official pics and info

i didn't like the nose (grille especially) on the c-xf concept itself, but this is a great way to fall from that. the concept looks like a star next to this abomination. i like the rest, and i'm by no means a "traditionalist" (whatever that means) but will NEVER buy a jaguar that cannot be distinguished from a buick/toyota at the front. those headlamps are a dealbreaker. the interior is too audi-esque for me as well, but i could have lived with it if it wasn't for that horrible chevy monte carlo/toyota solara front. (and no, i'm not one of those who compared the gorgeous maserati quattroporte to a buick). so this is the car that's going to save jaguar? if i was a jag executive, i would be getting a baaad headache right about now.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:27 PM

every luxury car company has redefined their look over the last few years. I dont see a toyota solara or monte carlo anywhere in those pictures as my cousin has an 86 monte, and my friends ex has a 04 solara. and the interior is sure as hell not audi looking. Its not everyones cup of tea, but the current 3 and 5 series looks absolutly nothing like a bmw from 20 years ago either. The cars dynamics are what will define it, and we cant see those from pictures. I have to wait and see the car in person before i can really judge, but the "traditional" jaguar look wasnt selling any cars to begin with. They must reinvent the wheel for themselves as they are so far behind. Sorry boss, it may not look like a traditional jaguar, but it sure as hell doesnt look like a chevy/toyota. I cant judge the new jag from these little pics, just like a wont judge a girl from her myspace pics.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 PM

you told me how it is now, didn't you, here's your medal.
i did not say that jaguar should continue with the old look, and nor did i say it should be conservative. a jaguar is not any piece of machinery, it is supposed to scream JAGUAR! when anyone looks at it, and this car does not do that, your expertise on monte carlo and solara notwithstanding. next time you see a maserati, an aston martin, an alfa romeo, all of which are innovative in design (and certainly not the disaster that is bmw -yet again, innovation and new design language does not mean your car has to look ugly as hell) put any of them next to this car and tell yourself "i will spend my money on this one." but hey, if you like it, you like it, no need to get defensive unless you're employed by ian callum.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

The more that I think about it, this car should still be called the S-type...simply redesigned.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

It barely looks a Jaguar more correctly let's say the car has no badges and can you recognize it's a Jag ? My answer is no !

Old 08-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

JaguarDrive Selector and Jaguar Sequential Shift
One unique feature that made its way from the concept to the production XF is the JaguarDrive Selector. It features a rotary shift interface unlike anything else currently on showroom floors. The device rises into the palm of the hand when the car is turned on, and can be rotated to select park, reverse, neutral, drive, and sequential mode.
Jaguar Sequential Shift works on a shift-by-wire system that replaces manual shift linkages with electronic commands. It gives the XF smooth and rapid gear changes — faster than the XK's transmission.
There is also the choice of multiple transmission modes via JaguarDrive Control, which matches throttle progression, DSC thresholds and shift strategy to mood and conditions, including Sport and Winter modes.

read: expensive as hell to fix

i have to agree, the front end, which to me always made a jag a jag, is lacking. it is pretty humdrum looking, and no real jaguar styling cues, even in the hood (which is one of the biggest reasons i love the X - jaguar style). thatis a bit disappointing, but then again sooner or later every car platform in the world is redesigned to some extent.

the wheels also look a bit bland, buti have finiky tastes when it comes to wheels.

the steering wheel, just like the X's, needs a 4th button on the right hand side to balance it out. ok, now i am being picky, but as a consumer i have that right!

i would really love to see how that height-adjusting shifter looks - that has my intrests peaked.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:10 AM

mach,

at no point did i say i liked it. i said it doesnt look like a monte and i want to see it in person. thats all. and yea, bmws are ugly as hell now (except the 3 coupe), but you cant deny their success in restyling. I am a jaguar fan, and want this car to succeed, as i dont want jaguar to go the way of Oldsmobile. My x is 4 years old now, and i dont want to replace it with anything but another (new) jaguar.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member

I'm sorry guys, but I love it. I think that the rear end looks like the new XK, and even though the front end is lacking in the "JAG" department, I think that something that Jaguar has always distinguished themselves in is "cat-like" reflexes and a great top end. The fact is, the STR, XKR and XJR are all at the top of their food chains when it comes to speed and handling. With an upcoming 500hp engine for this car, **** the E class and the 5 series, I see it challenging the S class and the 7 series. The S600's V12 has 510 HP and it costs $150K. The 7 series' V12 has 438HP and that **** starts at $122K. It will by far be the best handling car in its class, and I see a lot of comparisons between this and the M45 from Infiniti...just faster. 0-60 in 5.1 and the XF-R is still to come...oh boy. Now the interior is lacking more taste, but I'd have to see it in different color schemes. I think that with customer demands, all that plastic will soon be wood, and that gray dash should be more along the lines of the color of the seats. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but look at the competition. It's the same ****. In my opinion, Jaguar just stepped up their game and is playing the field to what the customer wants. As a Jaguar fan and one who knows that he'll own a Jaguar for life, I am glad that Jaguar is molding to the market demands to stay alive in a market that right now is being dominated by other makes. Then again, that's just one mans opinion.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:36 AM

ORIGINAL: macchiavelli

i didn't like the nose (grille especially) on the c-xf concept itself, but this is a great way to fall from that. the concept looks like a star next to this abomination. i like the rest, and i'm by no means a "traditionalist" (whatever that means) but will NEVER buy a jaguar that cannot be distinguished from a buick/toyota at the front. those headlamps are a dealbreaker. the interior is too audi-esque for me as well, but i could have lived with it if it wasn't for that horrible chevy monte carlo/toyota solara front. (and no, i'm not one of those who compared the gorgeous maserati quattroporte to a buick). so this is the car that's going to save jaguar? if i was a jag executive, i would be getting a baaad headache right about now.
Exactly! I agree with you 100% on those points. The XF is a big let down. Those headlights look like crap. They took a cutting edge designe and turned it into oatmeal bland. I would take an S-type over that thing any day. Also they are still using the same old tired power plant. The 4.2 needs to be dropped.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

I'm sorry guys, but I love it. I think that the rear end looks like the new XK, and even though the front end is lacking in the "JAG" department..."
I agree completely.

I think that something that Jaguar has always distinguished themselves in is "cat-like" reflexes and a great top end. The fact is, the STR, XKR and XJR are all at the top of their food chains when it comes to speed and handling. With an upcoming 500hp engine for this car, **** the E class and the 5 series, I see it challenging the S class and the 7 series.
Here I highly disagree. The S-type R is supposed to be in the same class as the BMW M5 and Merc-Benz E55/E63. Both the BMW and Merc-Benz run laps around the S-type R. My father's 2004 E55 makes the S-type R I rode in seem like a Honda in terms of interior quality, overall looks, and most importantly- POWER! The new E63 and BMW models won't have any problem identifying the new Jag in their rear-view mirrors. Let's face it- we didn't buy Jaguar because they are the fastest luxury car- just the best looking.

It will by far be the best handling car in its class, and I see a lot of comparisons between this and the M45 from Infiniti...just faster.
I also agree with this. I would like to think the Jag will outhandle the RWD Mercedes and BMW....

Old 08-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey like I've always said...even if I lose...at least I have the "I'm driving a jag!" excuse to use!

Old 08-30-2007, 05:53 PM

alot of us forget that a car is not numbers. Its personality and style (mixed with transportation), i love the XK, even thugh the 6 series is faster, it is ugly and has NO personality. so i want to see this XF in person, because im sure it will look better than any 5 series or Eclass. I dont spend every trip in my x chasing 3's c classes and a4's to race em at a stop light. And i sure as hell could care less which is faster, as long as i enjoy the ride. 300 hp, and 420hp is plenty of power for a 3700lb car, so it WILL be fast.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Veteran Member

Hey somekidz with you totally! Besides as long as it feels fast who cares? My x feels fast to me...I scare people in it all the time...especially when I hit 131 on I-75!!! For real though the j gate helps you feel the power our mere 227 hp motor gives our awd drivetrain...420hp is plenty...who am I kidding 420 is helluva lot power for a sexy stylish family cruiser! Besides jags look way better than all of them!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

And you guys are forgetting that a 500+hp version of the engine is still to come? Woo hoo. I guarantee that you can't feel the difference in between 500hp and 550hp. Does you guys know what an 800hp supra and a 1200hp supra have in common?

Old 08-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

I don't know if you ever have done some PCM tuning to your cars and compare their performance before/after PCM tuning . I can say even a chip tuning itself makes a diff and when you slighly push the pedal down you can feel it
BTW, 1200 hp ? What's that supra ? Is it an aircraft version [&:][:-]lol

Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Neither are naturally aspirated!!!

I'd imagine that when you hit the 500hp mark an additional 50 you might not feel too hard...50 hp to 230 is quite a jump but when you are already at that mark it may not be too greatly of a difference...

I know on a bike just a change in the exhaust results in a massive difference...more power and less weight goes a long way but your only talking a few hundred pound ride!