XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

2017 Jaguar XE 35t R-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. So I’m out tearing up the back roads from Az to Co. Why didn’t the time automatically change with the time zones?? I had to manually change it.

Old 07-12-2021, 11:49 AM
Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

Because the sat-nav is not tied to your clock function, it is not a feature of the car. Some of the navi systems on these Jags are admittedly last generation tech. :-(

Old 04-10-2022, 08:13 AM
J E
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Only a couple gremlins. Has held up very well

2017 Jaguar XE first edition.
No mechanical issues apart from new tires for Boston roads. Bridgestone Potenza AS
no run flats ever.

2 Electrical issues in last 5 years.

1. Car did not start or unlock one particularly rainy day. Turns out the boot catches water. Puncture the rubber grommet on the boot floor to allow any water to escape. Clean and wd40 the hitch outlet attached to the battery to prevent corrosion. Problem solved. No money involved. Takes about 15 minutes due to removing the spare.

2. Years later ABS light came on during another rainy day and then a series of lights lit up. No change in drive except ABS was disengaged. Changed the speed sensors on front wheel hubs. Took about an hour and a half. Just the torque wrench, a couple screwdrivers and a hex driver. Found some good walk thrus online. Total for parts was $250 with shipping.

Regular maintenance except. Coolant flush at 4 year mark. Did the rear differential fluid at 30,000. Transmission fluid at 50k. Everything else on the regular maintenance schedule. The XE has been absolutely perfect and I exercise the Jag to it's fullest capabilities. I find it to be a fine example of comfort, speed and style. Glad to have another addition to the Jaguar fam. 🍾

Old 04-10-2022, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisjp
Don't risk relying on a can of "goo" and not having a spare wheel!
I specified a spacesaver spare in my XE and was very glad I did when I got a puncture (flat) in SW Scotland at about 5.00pm on a Sunday night. I was able to put on the spare and drive the 150 miles home without incident. Even though the spacesaver is very "spindly" the car drove without noticeable handling issues - albeit I kept the speed down to around 55mph.
I doubt that the goo would have sealed the particular puncture I had suffered, and because there would have been no tyre dealers open at that time on a Sunday in the sparsely populated SW Scotland area, I'd have had to have the car recovered to the nearest tyre dealer and found somewhere to stay the night until Monday morning when they opened. What a hassle that would have been! Instead I was able to spend the night at home and drive the car to my local tyre dealer on the Monday and get the tyre changed.
At least Jaguars come with the option of specifying a spare - and provide space for it under the boot (trunk) floor. An increasing number of cars in the UK are now sold without even the option of a spare or any space to put one.
It has a donut spare.