XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

2018 R-Sport Error Codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 R-Sport Error Codes

I've been having a few issues with my XE. Bought it second hand around a year ago, and the engine warning light has been going on and off intermittently pretty much since I bought it. Because the car drove fine, and I could never predict when it would be on and off, I've only just got it checked out with the light staying permanently on recently. Local garage have checked the error codes today, but said I'll need to take it to Jaguar because they don't feel comfortable dealing with it.

Here's a printout of all the error codes:
2018 R-Sport Error Codes-nzpra4r.jpg

On top of this, over the past month or so I've had instances of pretty much every warning light coming on all at once - ABS, AEB, traction control, forward alert. Once I restart the car and drive for a minute or two, they all go away again for another couple of hundred miles or so.

I'm going to book it in with Jaguar to hopefully get all this crap sorted, but does anyone have any insight as to whether this sort of thing is common with the car, and how likely it's all just electronics/sensor issues instead of actually all this going wrong with my car?
Click image for larger version

Name:	nzPRa4r.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	224840

Click image for larger version

Name:	nzPRa4r.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	224840

Attached Thumbnails 2018 R-Sport Error Codes-nzpra4r.jpg   2018 R-Sport Error Codes-nzpra4r.jpg  
Old 08-23-2021, 10:10 AM

I'm not quite sure why my picture has appeared 4 times, and I can't see a way to edit my post, sorry!

Old 08-23-2021, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Please tell us more about the car - engine, mileage, and where you're located. I assume it's an Ingenium engine, because that has both variable inlet and exhaust valve timing and you seem to have a problem with both actuators. In addition, these cars have variable coolant pumps, and it looks as if yours isn't varying. The ambient temperature sensor passes info to the ECU of the outside air temperature thus allowing t he ECU to trim the fuel supply accurately. YOur catalyst fault may be caused by the other codes.
Was the car neglected before you bought it ? Sometimes just pulling off and reconnecting wiring loom plugs cures a fault due to corrosion of the mating contacts.

The other thing that can cause a multitude of faults is a battery that is starting to fail, but hasn't yet totally failed.

The following users liked this post:
bardeh (08-23-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 04:04 PM

Yes, it's a 2.0 Ingenium. I'm in the UK, and the car has done about 22k miles - I bought it 2nd hand last September, and it had done 14k at the time. I have no idea how it was treated before I bought it, but it looked to be in good nick and obviously hadn't done that many miles. I do really enjoy the car, but these issues are turning me off it to be honest.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

If it's a 2018 car, it should surely still be under Jaguar warranty. Did you not get any warranty when you bought it ? There are a number of Jaguar independent workshops in the UK, where are you located ? However, I'm puzzled why you have not dealt with the faults codes and CEL lights until now; these things never go away on their own.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:14 AM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bardeh
I've been having a few issues with my XE. Bought it second hand around a year ago, and the engine warning light has been going on and off intermittently pretty much since I bought it. Because the car drove fine, and I could never predict when it would be on and off, I've only just got it checked out with the light staying permanently on recently. Local garage have checked the error codes today, but said I'll need to take it to Jaguar because they don't feel comfortable dealing with it.

Here's a printout of all the error codes:

On top of this, over the past month or so I've had instances of pretty much every warning light coming on all at once - ABS, AEB, traction control, forward alert. Once I restart the car and drive for a minute or two, they all go away again for another couple of hundred miles or so.

I'm going to book it in with Jaguar to hopefully get all this crap sorted, but does anyone have any insight as to whether this sort of thing is common with the car, and how likely it's all just electronics/sensor issues instead of actually all this going wrong with my car?

Im pretty sure there is a service campaign to replace VCT for the codes for intake and exhaust timing. Also there is a service campaign for water pump code. I would see if they were done first. The cat efficiency code could be an issue but could be caused by VCT issue

Old 08-27-2021, 11:31 AM
Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
If it's a 2018 car, it should surely still be under Jaguar warranty. Did you not get any warranty when you bought it ? There are a number of Jaguar independent workshops in the UK, where are you located ? However, I'm puzzled why you have not dealt with the faults codes and CEL lights until now; these things never go away on their own.
I agree with Fraser. You drove 14K miles ignoring the warning lights? That's a no-no in my books.