XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Ad Blue. DIY or Dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Ad Blue. DIY or Dealer?

Here we go again, a message pop up saying got to fill the Ad blue with in 500 miles. The last experiences to the dealerships weren't smooth, just wanted to find out, did anyone in the US tried the Peak BlueDEF? How did the process go, did you use the special funnel or just poured in? Can I also get 2.5 gallons instead of fill it up until I'll get to the dealer for the annual maintenance?

Old 11-18-2019, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,949 Posts

Diesel cars are very common here in the UK, so absolutely everybody is selling AdBlue ! It is perfectly possible to top up yourself, just like topping up your screen washer bottle. However, I don't because my service plan includes AdBlue topups. So when the warning came on a month ago, I went in to the dealer and it was topped up while I waited. I should say at this point that the local dealer, (only a mile from my house) is excellent.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:53 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Diesel cars are very common here in the UK, so absolutely everybody is selling AdBlue ! It is perfectly possible to top up yourself, just like topping up your screen washer bottle. However, I don't because my service plan includes AdBlue topups. So when the warning came on a month ago, I went in to the dealer and it was topped up while I waited. I should say at this point that the local dealer, (only a mile from my house) is excellent.
I read this on the Jag UK forum, but one person reported having an issue with the Halfords AdBlue and the dealer refused to fix under warranty. I'm not sure if it was a bad batch, the Jag AdBlue sensor failure or the customer fault that is why I wanted to be sure before going ahead and top it up myself.
I also have a complementary fill up, but an assigned dealer out of state (about 70 miles away) and the tolls add up the expenses. Moreover, the last time I left a car they totally thrashed it, that said, I would rather do it myself if it's that simple.

Old 11-21-2019, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,949 Posts

Originally Posted by EngshMan
I read this on the Jag UK forum, but one person reported having an issue with the Halfords AdBlue and the dealer refused to fix under warranty. I'm not sure if it was a bad batch, the Jag AdBlue sensor failure or the customer fault that is why I wanted to be sure before going ahead and top it up myself.
I also have a complementary fill up, but an assigned dealer out of state (about 70 miles away) and the tolls add up the expenses. Moreover, the last time I left a car they totally thrashed it, that said, I would rather do it myself if it's that simple.
As well as topping up the fluid for me, they washed and vacuumed the car !