XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Adaptive Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022 | 10:23 AM
|
Exclamation Adaptive Cruise Control

Hi all-

So I have been digging around looking at potentially retrofitting ACC to my 16 plate XE. The wiring looked to be already there so I went ahead and got the radar, part number GX73-9G768-AC. I also got the steering wheel controls, and the special grille needed for the radar. The install went fine, with everything fitting together and within an hour the bumper was all back on the car.

Now comes the CCF edits- these also appeared to have gone through fine just like when I previously had turned automatic high beam on.

The car uploads the new CCF and now appears an amber warning stating “Cruise not available”. I then go back to SDD and attempt to “learn new module “ for the “cruise module”. This follows through till it attempts to match the VIN and module together, at which point it fails with an unknown error as seen in the attached photos. I then attempt to “learn” the cruise radar which immediately fails with a very basic “communication failure” and a green tick.

I then opt to use the diagnosis and select that adaptive cruise is inop, which now points me to a DTC saying the PCM has lost communication to the radar. It also suggests “Re-configuring of cruise radar” which I attempt, however once trying to resolve parts it fails on that too.

Does anyone have any experience in this particular field that would be willing to help in exchange for a few beers ?

Cheers all,
luke.

Old 07-02-2022 | 02:03 PM

To save you some headache down the line, you also need to change the ABS module.

Good luck!

Old 07-03-2022 | 03:29 AM
|

Originally Posted by MoJo88
To save you some headache down the line, you also need to change the ABS module.

Good luck!
Already got it on the way haha!

cheers!

Old 07-06-2022 | 09:40 AM
|

So after struggling with some error, I noticed that my car did not have power being sent to the radar. The fuse was not present yet the wiring was there for the radar. At some point along the looms, the power feed just stops and does not continue upto the rear fuse box. To fix this, I used a spare fuse out the engine compartment that was ignition fed and led that to the power feed. The radar immediately started working with a big green tick on SDD.

Now, the radar works, but only appears to be working for forward alert. The CCF does not allow me to change the item “Intelligent cruise fitted” as it constantly changes to an “C9” code. So does the item above it, something to do with communications. I believe this is why the ACC will not activate. Does anyone have any knowledge as to why the CCF is automatically applying “C9” to intelligent cruise control?

is it because I have not yet installed the new ABS unit ?