XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Aftermarket Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Exhaust

Hey All! I have looked on a few sites and have struggle to found any good aftermarket cat backs or mufflers for my 17 XE 35T. Any suggestions or places to start?

Thanks!

Old 02-14-2020, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Larini, Quicksilver, VAP, or Supersprint

The following users liked this post:
Murla (08-14-2020)
Old 02-14-2020, 10:31 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Shane D (02-17-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Borla muff

Originally Posted by ebolt
Hey All! I have looked on a few sites and have struggle to found any good aftermarket cat backs or mufflers for my 17 XE 35T. Any suggestions or places to start?

Thanks!
Did a muffler swap at local.muffler shop. Swapped out stock muff. For borla. And got the stock muff back incase of. Cost $1000. Also For HP++ see racechip.com gts black with accel ped option. 400+hp. Easy install.

Old 06-23-2020, 11:58 PM
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RES Active Exhaust

Originally Posted by ebolt

Thanks!
I found an active exhaust that’s made in China. The company is Racing Exhaust System. It has a remote as well as wired directly into OBD. It sounds so wicked now I usually just leave it on all the time. I had a professional performance shop install it as there was a slight difficulty with fitment if one of the tubes and a short 3” section needed to be welded in. I haven’t heard anything like it. It sounds just like the F-type active exhaust right down to the pops and crackles on accel and decel.
Facebook Post

Edwin Espinoza (01-05-2021)
Old 08-23-2020, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

I checked out the RES active exhaust....pretty hefty price...but it is an active exhaust...which I really want...having a hard time justifying the cost though.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:07 PM
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
I checked out the RES active exhaust....pretty hefty price...but it is an active exhaust...which I really want...having a hard time justifying the cost though.
the cost is really no more than any other cat back system. The prices they had listed on their site were not current. After I contacted them I was given different pricing. I got my system for $166 or $1800. I don’t recall off hand but that’s very much in line with the system from France or Velocity and neither of the other systems I found weee active. The only negative was the cost of shipping which was about $600 but this was priority shipped with DHL and I received it much quicker than normal products from China.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:50 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

chrisburns61,

I have the Quicksilver Sport Exhaust (https://quicksilverexhausts.store/co.../jaguar-xe-3-0). It's a lot deeper sounding than stock and sounds great from the outside but when driving but it's quite a bit louder inside than I was expecting. Inside the cabin there a resonance/drone right around 1800-2000rpm with just a little load on the engine, which is right around my freeway cruising speed. If I have to make a phone call, I usually manually shift to a lower gear to get the engine out of that rpm range.

I'm torn on whether I can live with it long term though. I'm going to switch back to the stock for a little while just to remind myself of the stock interior sound level. My wife will be happy!

If you're still thinking about one of these I can try and get some video posted to YouTube and share the link.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Limited after market

I found limited parts for my xe. Card.com and velocityap.com helped my realize that going to exhaust systems and creating what I wanted was best. Good luck

Old 08-27-2020, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

For me ...it has to be active exhaust. I have the Varex active exhaust on my XF and even though it stays open the majority of the time....there are times when closing and going back to stock sound is necessary. The shipping cost for the exhaust from China is really steep and I asked if they can ship for less but all they offer is DHL. Another option is to have my local shop custom build one...which would come out to about the same price as ordering the active exhaust from China. Still open to other options though. Anywyas....the exhaust will be done after I get the VAP tune on the XE.

Old 10-26-2020, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by chrisburns61
I found an active exhaust that’s made in China. The company is Racing Exhaust System. It has a remote as well as wired directly into OBD. It sounds so wicked now I usually just leave it on all the time. I had a professional performance shop install it as there was a slight difficulty with fitment if one of the tubes and a short 3” section needed to be welded in. I haven’t heard anything like it. It sounds just like the F-type active exhaust right down to the pops and crackles on accel and decel.
https://www.facebook.com/Eurocharged...784427267209/?
I got this one, it cost a bit to import to Australia but it's brilliant. The closed valve sound is almost exactly like stock but open it's a beast with a raspy fairly high pitched sound and it pops between shifts.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
For me ...it has to be active exhaust.
Does the valve operate from a dedicated fuse?

Old 01-05-2021, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by chrisburns61
https://www.facebook.com/Eurocharged...784427267209/?

Do you have any pictures of that front lip!? Been thinking of grabbing it, I think it only comes in a 3 pc kit. Just haven’t found anyone that actually has it installed. The corners flipping upwards in front of the car bumper has stopped me from buying it. Would be great if you can share pics!

Old 08-01-2023, 06:45 AM
Default Active exhaust

Originally Posted by 1st_timejag
I got this one, it cost a bit to import to Australia but it's brilliant. The closed valve sound is almost exactly like stock but open it's a beast with a raspy fairly high pitched sound and it pops between shifts.
Hey mate ,
thanks for the post on your active exhaust . Sounds great. I currently bought a 2015 xe 25t Jaguar , and I'm not happy with the stock muffler sound . It's too quiet.
So I'm very interested in getting the active exhaust that you got .
Can you tell me is your car the XE 25T ? Do you live in Brisbane , and if so can you recommend your exhaust shop where you got it fitted ?
Cheers Lance.

Old 08-01-2023, 10:55 PM
Received 281 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by tiger67
Hey mate ,
thanks for the post on your active exhaust . Sounds great. I currently bought a 2015 xe 25t Jaguar , and I'm not happy with the stock muffler sound . It's too quiet.
So I'm very interested in getting the active exhaust that you got .
Can you tell me is your car the XE 25T ? Do you live in Brisbane , and if so can you recommend your exhaust shop where you got it fitted ?
Cheers Lance.
This thread is three years old, and old mate dropped the mic after this post. The guy who originally posted the photo of the chinese system hasn't posted since June last year, either.

If you get serious about doing this, let me know.. I'm also in the market for an exhaust so we might be able to order two and save a few bucks on shipping

EDIT: I just did a bit of googling for things like "racing exhaust system china jaguar xe" and can't find much

EDIT 2: found 'em
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/resracingexhaustsystem/

Last edited by dangoesfast; 08-01-2023 at 11:01 PM.