XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Aftermarket Exhaust Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2024, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 382 Likes on 256 Posts
Default Aftermarket Exhaust Anyone?

If this topic has been on here before I apologize. Ordered an exhaust from MaB out of Australia recently for my 18 XE S v6 AWD. Wondering if anyone else has tried a new complete exhaust or how you mod’d the factory one? I saw Mab, RES, and Quicksilver has pre-made exhaust setups. Any others? Anyone tried one?

Old 06-09-2024, 09:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really curious about the MAB exhaust, I would like to know how it is for daily driving once you receive it and install it. Please keep us updated.

Old 06-10-2024, 03:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the Zenrage valvetronic exhaust. It's gotten better with time but it's impossible to drive with the exhaust open, incredibly loud and obnoxious. I think that may be partially because of the x pipes they use where I think MAB does a resonator which is supposed to be better for v6s. I'm going to try and have my mechanics weld in resonators to replace the x pipe and throw some rubber dampers on the screws to try and reduce vibration. Closed the exhaust sounds good but it's a little quieter than stock inside the cabin. Sounds better than stock outside

Old 06-19-2024, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mazen Ajouz
I'm really curious about the MAB exhaust, I would like to know how it is for daily driving once you receive it and install it. Please keep us updated.
Ordered the exhaust some time around June 1st. Unfortunately the communication has been limited via email and I don’t have international calling.

I was told 9-10 days after purchase I would be kept in the loop when asking for update but no word yet on timeframe or expectations. That has been a bit frustrating.

also of concern I paid the wrong shipping, and on the 10th when they told me I’d be kept in the loop they sent a link to pay shipping difference on their website. When I went to do so it wanted me to pay difference, PLUS more shipping as you must select a shipping cost on the website… effectively overcharging me. Emailed them about this on 12th and no response yet - I sent another email asking for response yesterday.

loth

Last edited by Lothar52; 06-19-2024 at 08:13 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 02:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Ordered the exhaust some time around June 1st. Unfortunately the communication has been limited via email and I don’t have international calling.

I was told 9-10 days after purchase I would be kept in the loop when asking for update but no word yet on timeframe or expectations. That has been a bit frustrating.

also of concern I paid the wrong shipping, and on the 10th when they told me I’d be kept in the loop they sent a link to pay shipping difference on their website. When I went to do so it wanted me to pay difference, PLUS more shipping as you must select a shipping cost on the website… effectively overcharging me. Emailed them about this on 12th and no response yet - I sent another email asking for response yesterday.

loth
I emailed MAB in the past inquiring about their shipping fees and never got a response back.

It seems like a one man operation, hopefully you get a response soon.

Old 06-20-2024, 04:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mazen Ajouz
I emailed MAB in the past inquiring about their shipping fees and never got a response back.

It seems like a one man operation, hopefully you get a response soon.
Yes I wouldn’t be surprised if it is not just one/two guy operation and considering I’m 14 hrs away on the other side of the world in the states maybe I’m not a priority or maybe the guy is drowning in work.

I did get a response today though: Basically said sorry for not responding but have been very busy. The exhaust is “still being made” and that he would sort the shipping before sending.

welp, I will let others know when I know.

loth

Old 07-01-2024, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member

One month from purchase. Still no ETA or further communication on the XE Mab Tuning valvetronic exhaust. Going to give it till next week and will ask for an update again. A bit disappointed in the communication. A bit more then a bit.

Loth

Old 07-01-2024, 07:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One month from purchase. Still no ETA or further communication on the XE Mab Tuning valvetronic exhaust. Going to give it till next week and will ask for an update again. A bit disappointed in the communication. A bit more then a bit.

Loth
Yeah that's unfortunate. I tried to reach them over the course of 6 months trying to buy their exhaust and never reached them

Old 07-03-2024, 04:10 AM
Received 282 Likes on 212 Posts

Loth
That's a shame. Seems like a small operation, maybe just a guy making exhausts in his shed (100% could be wrong, but that's the feeling I get). Sometimes those kind of businesses make awesome products but communication and wait times can be really inconsistent

Are you really in a rush for it? It might be worth the wait...

Old 07-06-2024, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member

Well out of the blue a day ago he messaged me for the shipping difference as I had paid the wrong amount and when I paid he said “let me know when it arrives”.

so I’m hoping to give a review soon then fingers crossed.

i did notice on their website the price of the system has increased.

The following users liked this post:
Mazen Ajouz (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Received 282 Likes on 212 Posts

Well out of the blue a day ago he messaged me for the shipping difference as I had paid the wrong amount and when I paid he said “let me know when it arrives”.

so I’m hoping to give a review soon then fingers crossed.

i did notice on their website the price of the system has increased.
Great news

I would LOOOOOOVE it if you could record the before and after sound, inside and outside the car. MAB is the closest exhaust guy to me that does a bolt-on system, I'd have to pay hundreds or thousands in shipping to get a system from anyone else (or buy a VAP system through their distributor who triples the price but doesn't bother to answer emails) Only thing that's stopped me is I can't find a good before/after comparison, he has a couple of vids on his website but there's no stock vid to compare it to.

Old 07-27-2024, 02:22 AM
Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Have not been on the Forum for a while. If that Stainless Exhaust System fails to pan out, I suggest you consider getting the VelocityAP 200 Cell cat system, and delete your mid resonators. This is what I did, and it sounds burbly at low volumes as you coast around the parking lot, and then if you let it rip you can be heard for a mile! I have ported the charger and replaced two pulleys, then tuned for E85. Putting out around 570 Hp with the race cats, running the Texas Mile again in October. Last year I ran a 167.9 Mph standing mile, this year I'm hoping to hit175 or 180. Top speed should be just over 190. 0-60 in 3.65 Seconds, Quarter mile in the 11's. Here are my Pipes, that actually allow for more HP, I'm guessing 10-15Hp added, or more. Also adapting my intake to the 5L MAFs. https://www.velocityap.com/product/j...-and-downpipe/

Texas Mile Oct. 2023. Achieved 167.9 in the Standing Mile. Not bad for a grocery-getting daily driver.

Last edited by Austin7; 07-27-2024 at 02:31 AM.
DJS (08-04-2024)
Old 07-27-2024, 12:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car...love those wheels. What is the name of that wheel/part#?

Old 07-27-2024, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,436 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Glad to see another Jag at the Texas Mile!

Here are my runs.
Jags at the Texas Mile

When I went the second time they had a portable Dyno which was a LOT of fun! Man does that XJR scream at 200 mph!
2014 XJR Dyno Runs

Old 08-18-2024, 12:36 AM
Veteran Member

Just an update on the MaB tuning exhaust. I got the exhaust but have yet to be able to get it installed...Then other more pressing issues came up...its always something!

Mazen Ajouz (08-18-2024)