XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Blown speaker

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Blown speaker

Hi all. I have the Premium trim, which I believe is the Meridian 380 watt sound system. Anyway, I believe I may have a blown speaker. When I turn it up there is some cracking and popping from the front drivers door (can't tell exactly which speaker it is), but the sound is great from all other speakers.

Would this be covered under warranty? I haven't really "blasted" the stereo, so I don't think I caused this. I first noticed it the first time I actually listened to the stereo loudly. I've only had the car four weeks

I feel like manufacturers would as a policy turn down blown speakers as warranty work, since it would be very easy for them to say "well how do we know you didn't blast the stereo and blow out the speaker?" Plus the car had about 300 miles on it when I bought it, so I suppose this could have happened before I took ownership. Like I said, I didn't even notice until the first time I actually turned up the stereo about a week ago.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as everything is stock and not modified, it will absolutely be covered under warranty.

Take it in and listen to another car they have on the lot, if yours is indeed functioning differently, they will fix it. I think Jaguar is really pushing their total care program. You won't have any issues.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts

I had put a hairbrush and a container of wipes in the door pocket for storage, and I experienced loud rattling at volume (like the speaker was blown) due to sympathetic vibrations transferred to the storage pocket...I had made my own maraca. Removing and repositioning my personal items eliminated the issue for me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maraca