XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Brake job is going very bad help please XE 20d

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake job is going very bad help please XE 20d

so I was trying to do my brakes and this is my first time with electric parking brake and I took my left rear tire off and started to take the caliper off and it wouldn't come off etc ... and my buddy was like its almost as of the cars electric park brake is on ... so I turned the car on and pressed the button to turn the electric parking park off. The caliper came off completely easy then I turned the car OFF ... ... and the e brake pushed the piston out etc and we tried to twist it in like a old school vehicle lol .. brake fluid came out the piston .. then we unhooked the motor and took the caliper off completely.. do I need to do something with this electric parking brake before I install my new caliper?

Old 01-27-2021, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by kyle101
so I was trying to do my brakes and this is my first time with electric parking brake and I took my left rear tire off and started to take the caliper off and it wouldn't come off etc ... and my buddy was like its almost as of the cars electric park brake is on ... so I turned the car on and pressed the button to turn the electric parking park off. The caliper came off completely easy then I turned the car OFF ... ... and the e brake pushed the piston out etc and we tried to twist it in like a old school vehicle lol .. brake fluid came out the piston .. then we unhooked the motor and took the caliper off completely.. do I need to do something with this electric parking brake before I install my new caliper?
The dash says i need to recalibrate the parking brake.. is there something I need to do before installing the new caliper I ordered ... help please

Old 01-27-2021, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by kyle101
The dash says i need to recalibrate the parking brake.. is there something I need to do before installing the new caliper I ordered ... help please
the old caliper is no good .. twisted spring and bearing inside the piston housing all came out when we twisted it .. help ... the new caliper does have a motor also .. but id rather use the current one .. just want this nightmare to end without using a tool.. which I do have I just don't think I have the subscription to jaguar brake software you know.. but I do have a experienced tech now that has manually down electric brakes ... just is there anything I need to do before putting this caliper on when the electric parking brake is currently in the state with the code on my dash on like that?

Old 01-27-2021, 01:47 PM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

What year?

Old 01-27-2021, 01:48 PM
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

ACTIVATION
CAUTIONS:
  • The EPB switch apply/release is inhibited while in this mode (for safety of technicians fingers) so do not drive the vehicle in this condition. Failure to follow this instruction may cause personal injury.
  • This procedure requires the vehicle in the Park or Neutral position, with the ignition turned ON (the engine must be OFF) and the parking brake system released.
  • Once the rear brake pads or brake discs have been installed, the Service Mode must be cancelled.

NOTE:This procedure allows the parking brake to be released when removing and installing new rear brake pads or brake discs.

CAUTION:Make sure that the ignition remains ON until the operation is fully completed, otherwise U3000 48 diagnostic trouble code (DTC) will be logged in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module. In order to clear this DTC, run the vehicle reset application on Jaguar approved diagnostic equipment and at the end of the application choose Yes to clear all DTCs.
  1. Press and hold the parking brake switch in the release position.
  2. Wait one second.
  3. Press and hold the accelerator pedal in the wide open throttle position.
  4. Wait one second.
  5. Set the ignition OFF and back ON immediately.
  6. NOTES:
    • An audible noise will be heard to confirm that the parking brake has been released in service mode.
    • The service mode is active when the message is displayed on the instrument cluster (IC) Park brake in maintenance mode and the actuators on the calipers are no longer moving.

Release the accelerator pedal and release the parking brake switch to the neutral position.

DEACTIVATION
CAUTION:This procedure requires the vehicle in the Park or Neutral position, with the ignition turned ON (the engine must be OFF) and the parking brake system in service mode.

CAUTION:Make sure that the ignition remains ON until the operation is fully completed, otherwise U3000 48 diagnostic trouble code (DTC) will be logged in the anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module. In order to clear this DTC, run the vehicle reset application on Jaguar approved diagnostic equipment and at the end of the application choose Yes to clear all DTCs.
  1. Pull and hold the parking brake switch in the apply position.
  2. Wait one second.
  3. Press and hold the accelerator pedal in the wide open throttle position.
  4. Wait one second.
  5. Set the ignition OFF and back ON immediately.
  6. NOTES:
    • An audible noise will be heard to confirm that the parking brake has been released from the service mode
    • The parking brake is fully released from service mode when the calipers finish actuating and return to the normal released position, and the message is no longer displayed.

Release the accelerator pedal and release the parking brake switch to the neutral position.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (01-27-2021)
Old 01-30-2021, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

Hi Kyle101
Did you manage to get your caliper problem sorted ?