XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Couple questions on the XE (probable new lease)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Couple questions on the XE (probable new lease)

I'm going to be coming out of my Cadillac ATS lease (3.6 premium AWD) and I am really liking the 35t AWD. I did a test drive and was very pleased with virtually everything. Seats were very comfortable which is one of the more important things for me. I happened to have my golf clubs in my car which despite the small ATS truck they do fit crosswise across the back of the trunk. I tried to pop them in the XE and was surprised that they wouldn't fit in the trunk at all. Even with the driver removed from the bag it was a struggle to get them in at all unless the seat was folded down. Those that take your clubs along with you, how are you getting them into the car?
Second question, on the test car I drove the Heads Up Display seemed like it wasn't overly crisp. Seemed a bit fuzzy around the edges. Is that normal or should the HUD be crisp. I guess my comparison was against the ATS HUD.
I was very impressed overall and these minor things won't make a difference on my decision, just curious is all.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,311 Likes on 902 Posts

Hi. I cant help you with thegolf clubs but we do have the HUD in my wife's XE. You are right that it isnt amazingly crisp, or at least it looks a little washed out especially when you have polaroids on. Maybe that is the yellow colour? I put an aftermarket one into my mother's s40 on the weekend and it was a very strong green colour which I have to say I found a little easier to see.

The XE HUD is nicely defined at night, though.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Don't wear polarized glasses with HUD and there are some adjustments to the height and maybe something else that could make it a little better. The is my first HUD and I am more than satisfied with it. I wish more data could be displayed.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:12 AM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Don't wear polarized glasses with HUD and there are some adjustments to the height and maybe something else that could make it a little better. The is my first HUD and I am more than satisfied with it. I wish more data could be displayed.

Yeah I knew polarized glasses made it almost impossible to see the HUD. I've had a HUD vehicle since '99 so I've caught on to that (1st world problems). The display on this one was red and it was just showing the speed. It was plenty bright and easy to see, just that the numbers didn't see overly sharp. Seemed to be well centered in the HUD "field of window". I will have to check that out again though and make my own adjustments. The salesperson was having trouble locating the settings to adjust the HUD and it wasn't overly important so I didn't change anything.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It's my first HUD display so I have no comparaison, but to me it seems perfectly sharp.
Can't help you with the golf clubs, since I don't play golf.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,311 Likes on 902 Posts

The hud settings are in the menu that pops up between the dials on the dash. I thought last night it might be an issue of adjusting where it shows up - ours appears to be half way down the bonnet (I know that is only an optical illusion).

I didnt know they came in red, ours is orangey yellow but I think that the direction indicators for the sat nav show in green from memory.