XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

DAB Radio Problem - Losing presets & Tone Settings

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DAB Radio Problem - Losing presets & Tone Settings

Hi,
My 2016 XE Portfolio Diesel 180PS DAB has started messing about - It has worked fine for years but yesterday I decided to run Update DAB Stations, just to see if anything new. Since then, initially DAB stopped presenting itself on available sources, then for no reason it re-appeared but minus any of my preset stations. I set it all up again and was fine until I turned the car off and it settled for a while (minimum 15mins) and then when I started the car it defaulted to FM (with no presets either, starting at 87mhz). DAB presented but no channels saved - reset them again, same thing. I noticed also that any bass/mid/Treble settings I made also returned to default middle settings. In short, its lost its long term memory when I turn off the car.

I've tried changing all sorts of settings, except deleting all of the personal history stuff - I havent done that yet as I'm worried it will all go a box of chocolates. Anyone else experienced this? I dont have Incontrol /Wifi on my car so not sure how I can benefit from software updates (I do have remote starting etc on the App and use that ok.

Any ideas/advice gratefully received

Old 12-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Default dab infotainment radio memory

Originally Posted by jhaguar
Hi,
My 2016 XE Portfolio Diesel 180PS DAB has started messing about - It has worked fine for years but yesterday I decided to run Update DAB Stations, just to see if anything new. Since then, initially DAB stopped presenting itself on available sources, then for no reason it re-appeared but minus any of my preset stations. I set it all up again and was fine until I turned the car off and it settled for a while (minimum 15mins) and then when I started the car it defaulted to FM (with no presets either, starting at 87mhz). DAB presented but no channels saved - reset them again, same thing. I noticed also that any bass/mid/Treble settings I made also returned to default middle settings. In short, its lost its long term memory when I turn off the car.

I've tried changing all sorts of settings, except deleting all of the personal history stuff - I havent done that yet as I'm worried it will all go a box of chocolates. Anyone else experienced this? I dont have Incontrol /Wifi on my car so not sure how I can benefit from software updates (I do have remote starting etc on the App and use that ok.

Any ideas/advice gratefully received
dab infotainment radio memory

Old 12-11-2020, 12:15 PM

Resolved - By trial and error actually, doesn't appear to be a common problem but if it happens to you and you are reading this thread here was what fixed mine (and the problem existed on my car for weeks before I found it)

Just go to settings on the infotainment system, select system then scroll down to Delete All Personal Data and confirm. All you need to do now is go to DAB etc and set your memories again and thats it fixed. You will need to reinstall your phone in Bluetooth as well and set Home in your satnav and any other incidentals like Bass treble settings etc.