XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2023, 12:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

I have a driver side front wheel bearing that is going out. It's not super bad at the moment, but it does produce some noise when you hit higher speeds so I want to get it taken care of. From what I've been able to find, they recommend changing the hub out along with the bearing instead of just the bearing itself. The issue, is the wheel bearing assembly is around 600-700 USD for the OEM Jag parts if bought through Jag. I've been having a hard time finding the part anywhere other than a Jaguar dealership parts store. Does anyone have any experience with this repair, and/or could point me in the right direction for buying the wheel hub assembly from somewhere other than from Jag? Thanks!

2017 Jaguar XE Premium 3.0 SC AWD

Old 09-18-2023, 01:29 PM
Received 171 Likes on 145 Posts

Normally, wheel bearings last for the life of the car, unless you drove in flooded streets or the car was parked in standing water. Bearings are sealed and once water gets in compnenents inside starts too deteriorate overtime
Also, sealed bearings go bad to when you "always aggressively do hard cornering",

Have you tried looking at eBay for the hub assembly part? There are independent sellers that sells new

Last edited by 2018XF25T; 09-18-2023 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-18-2023, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2018XF25T
Normally, wheel bearings last for the life of the car, unless you drove in flooded streets or the car was parked in standing water. Bearings are sealed and once water gets in compnenents inside starts to deteriorate overtime
Also, sealed bearings go bad to when you "always aggressively do hard cornering",

Have you tried looking at eBay for the hub assembly part? There are independent sellers that sells new
I haven't had the car for too long myself, so any of that wear and tear could have been done by the original owner (only 1 owner on the CarFax). It has noise at higher speeds, so I took it to my local mechanic and also was at the Jag dealership for a separate issue and had them also confirm that the wheel bearing is what is causing the noise. Most of what I have found on Ebay are pre-owned parts, and I have been looking to find new. There are some things I have found, but the price point is so much different than even the preowned hub and knuckle that it makes me question that durability/quality of those parts. I was hoping someone may have bought their assembly from somewhere reputable and could steer me in the right direction!

Old 09-18-2023, 05:05 PM
Received 2,670 Likes on 1,834 Posts

SNG Barratt, one of the forum sponsors, has the part in question:

https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#...assembly/35657

Old 09-18-2023, 05:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,456 Likes on 1,952 Posts

I just looked on the SNG Barratt website and they have the hubs for $327.52 Then, of course there is shipping, etc. Whether this would get to the US Jaguar dealer price I don't know.

I searched the internet and there seem to be a few hubs out there from after-market suppliers.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225286129...hoCZEoQAvD_BwE

There are also loads of bearing kits out there. Of course the hub will be a Jaguar part, but the bearings are bought in, so available from any good bearing supplier. It all depends if you can DIY or find a good shop with a press. However, I suspect if you get a shop to swap out bearings there won't be much saving once the labour charge ss added on

Of course the above are UK suppliers, but I'm sure you could buy and get one shipped.

Old 09-19-2023, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
I just looked on the SNG Barratt website and they have the hubs for $327.52 Then, of course there is shipping, etc. Whether this would get to the US Jaguar dealer price I don't know.

I searched the internet and there seem to be a few hubs out there from after-market suppliers.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225286129...hoCZEoQAvD_BwE

There are also loads of bearing kits out there. Of course the hub will be a Jaguar part, but the bearings are bought in, so available from any good bearing supplier. It all depends if you can DIY or find a good shop with a press. However, I suspect if you get a shop to swap out bearings there won't be much saving once the labour charge ss added on

Of course the above are UK suppliers, but I'm sure you could buy and get one shipped.
Thanks for the help! Everything I find on Ebay ends up saying it doesn't fit my vehicle when I put my vehicle details in :/. I'm also a little unfamiliar with SNG Barrat, but I only find the hub and bearing assembly for the AWD model for around $500ish. The RWD model is what I'm finding in the $300 range.

Old 09-20-2023, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member

Front hub for AWD is also available from aftermarket suppliers, I think. Here's one on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225214334...hoC0NUQAvD_BwE
Here's another
https://www.ashwoodjagparts.co.uk/pr...d-oem-t2h36089

Old 09-20-2023, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Fraser Mitchell
Front hub for AWD is also available from aftermarket suppliers, I think. Here's one on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225214334...hoC0NUQAvD_BwE
Here's another
https://www.ashwoodjagparts.co.uk/pr...d-oem-t2h36089
Tried Ashwood and it says they aren't available in my region when I go to checkout :/. The Ebay listing looks like the right part, but when I enter my specific model details in the make sure the part fits, it tells me it is not compatible (2017 XE 3.0 SC AWD). The models it lists only show the Diesel Saloon 2.0 AWD XE as being compatible. The Petro 3.0 AWD XF appears to be compatible, but I'm unsure if that means it will still fit my XE. I just don't want to order a part and have to return it if I can avoid it.

Old 09-20-2023, 10:38 AM

Here is a listing on eBay from a seller in Latvia:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19549462940...3ABFBM5uPWs9Zi

Price even with shipping appears to be reasonable.

Bear in mind if the bearing becomes excessively worn, the heat generated may compromise the upright part of the suspension it's attached to.

Old 09-20-2023, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by NBCat
Here is a listing on eBay from a seller in Latvia:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19549462940...3ABFBM5uPWs9Zi

Price even with shipping appears to be reasonable.

Bear in mind if the bearing becomes excessively worn, the heat generated may compromise the upright part of the suspension it's attached to.
Are you sure this one would fit my model? When I put my vehicle specs into Ebay it says it is not a compatible part. The part number should be T2H36089. I believe this one is T2H9763. Not sure if that is still actually compatible or not, as I'm not super savy with car parts. I just want to avoid having to return something If I can help it. Thank you for your input though! It is much appreciated!

Old 09-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
The following users liked this post:
NBCat (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 01:13 PM

Many parts are VIN-specific, so always check the part number against the VIN to ensure proper fitment.

If the part T2H36089 is correct for an X760, check the VIN to see if that part has been superseded.

The listing Fraser found at a parts house in the UK is the least expensive listing for that particular part.

Old 09-21-2023, 12:47 PM

After striking out at multiple places to find a cheaper option, I bit the bullet and found the best deal I could from an OEM parts dealer online. About $550 after shipping. (All of the overseas vendors would not ship to my location when I went to checkout or the shipping made it just as costly as buying from a Jag Parts Store). I want to get it taken care of as soon as I can, so I don't have other parts to replace as well as mentioned above (upright part of suspension). There is only some light noise currently, but I know that can change fast. Should I replace both the front bearings at the same time? I've not had any noise or recommended repairs done for the passenger side, but I have heard it is smart to get them done in pairs.

Big thanks to everyone who made recommendations! Love this Forum.

Old 09-21-2023, 02:34 PM

It's always best to replace bearings by axle as if one is worn, chances are good the other side is also worn.

Old 09-22-2023, 09:30 AM

I have an update I feel is important for anyone who needs to replace a wheel bearing in the future. After I ordered my part, I received an email from the supplier stating that my order had been updated. Part # T2H36089 was showing to have a supersession to part #T2H46521. This part is also much more affordable than the previous part ($271.01 VS about $510 USD). They also included (x4) Hub and Bearing stretch bolts (#T2H6321), as this was recommended in the Jaguar Parts Catalogue. After adjusting for the new parts/discounts, my grand total went from around $560 after shipping to $325.67. Needless to say, I was pretty stoked! I had them check my VIN against the part numbers to make sure they would fit my model, and they assured me it is compatible.

Purchased from Land Leaping Genuine British Parts.

The following users liked this post:
NBCat (09-22-2023)