XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

I want to increase horsepower and torque in my 2020 Jaguar xe p250 awd

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to increase horsepower and torque in my 2020 Jaguar xe p250 awd

I was about to go to get an ecu tune with a promised 40 hp gain and 55 torque gain. But before I did that I wanted to do other performance upgrades so I don’t have to get it retuned. My friend said I should get an exhaust manifold or downpipe. Does anyone have any good ideas I really don’t know much about cars just want my car to be quicker. And side note will the ecu tune be a considerable difference given those numbers? My car is fast, that isn’t the problem I just want it to be quicker from a dead stop and suck you into your chair. It has now stock, 247hp 269 torque. Thank you In

My baby
advance

Old 12-24-2020, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,305 Likes on 897 Posts

Hi, your car looks awesome! I just took our P300 for a windy road drive through a nearby valley, it is just so good in the corners tbh I think it is better than my f type in the bends.

The boost in hp and torque will take it to around the p300 numbers, though the p300 has a twin turbo setup which eliminates low down lag. The p300 is quite quick, a lot quicker than the p250 but I dont know where you will get your boost with yours as my experience with the p250 (we had the ecoboost 25T) was that it tended to be a bit slingshotty with power delivery, which might be what you are experiencing.

I'm not going to be much help but I would consider your intercooler to see if the p300 has an intercooler (I think there is one on the left hand side of the car as you face it as the vent is "real" on that side) and I'd look to see whether you can get more cool air into the engine.

The UK forum might be more active for this sort of thing as the p250 is very popular there https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic...=2387&start=40

The following users liked this post:
Jaguarxe (12-25-2020)
Old 12-25-2020, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly was trying to add a new bigger turbo the one my car has is so tiny

Old 12-26-2020, 10:12 AM
Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguarxe
I was about to go to get an ecu tune with a promised 40 hp gain and 55 torque gain. But before I did that I wanted to do other performance upgrades so I don’t have to get it retuned. My friend said I should get an exhaust manifold or downpipe. Does anyone have any good ideas I really don’t know much about cars just want my car to be quicker. And side note will the ecu tune be a considerable difference given those numbers? My car is fast, that isn’t the problem I just want it to be quicker from a dead stop and suck you into your chair. It has now stock, 247hp 269 torque. Thank you In

My baby
advance
Good looking car there!

Your friend is somewhat correct in that generally speaking reducing restriction coming into and exiting the engine will usually generate better horsepower, in small steps. So consider everything in the airflow, starting with your intake, then your air filter and inlet pipe, then your turbo. That's the incoming side.

Then consider your headers, your Catalitic converter, your mid pipe resonator, then your mufflers and even the number of muffler outlets. Phew!

Usually I start with a high flow airfilter from K&N, first thing.

I still have stock headers and downpipe, just was not worth the expense for me. I did delete the center resonator for better sound and less restriction, and I added an intake pipe upgrade from Mina. https://www.minagallery.com/jaguar-x...take-tube-kit/

As your car is a different engine, this kit wont work for you, but I wanted to show it as an example.

Changing your tune will have the most dramatic effect for your performance. This will also increase HP by feeding more air and fuel into your engine compared to stock, and you should really feel those HP gains.

Finally, if you lower your car ride height you will feel those corners better, and you can maintain a little bit faster turn speed due to lowered center of gravity. Likewise, upgrading your tires to something like the Michelin 4s to give you better traction will help keep your tires from spinning as much, and transfer more power into acceleration for you.

The following 2 users liked this post by Austin7:
Jaguarxe (12-26-2020), lifted.n.lowered (04-05-2021)