XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

InControl Version

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default InControl Version

Hey Guys, I have two questions that i really want to know about it.
Searched a lot on internet but didn't found anything.

1. Recently my car gave me the notification about upgrading the incontrol touch pro software and the new version it showed me is "s19a_19.11.4-330884". How much time it usually takes to upgrade the software? as i tried updating it and it felt like it got stuck and didnt moved for like good 20-30 min. Also what is the latest version of incontrol touch pro released by jaguar for 2017 XE r-sport?

2. I was reading about the Jaguar service intervals and details. I didn't found any explanation about what Jaguar replaces or make changes in Service A and Service B. Any link would be also helpful that explains what they are supposed to do in there alternate Service A and B

Old 11-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The upgrade time depends on the download size and your data connection speed. My update took a couple of days of off and on driving the car for it to complete. Unfortunately the InControl does not give you a progress status of the download, just give it time.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

So finally my Car software got upgraded to S19B and it is the latest one. It took nearly 40 minutes to do the update. Everything seems to be working fine.

Any idea about the second question for the Jaguar service details

Old 12-13-2021, 01:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Rec'vd an OTA update for my Incontrol Touch Pro system - (21b-xxxx-xxx). Downloaded and installed. Verbal driving directions using Waze on Apple Carplay seems to be working once again. I lost this feature when Apple did an update to iOS a few months back. Always liked Waze on Apple Car play better than Android Auto since the maps cover the entire screen vs. 2/3 screen on android auto. Also, in my humble opinion, Apple Car Play has better quality audio output for streaming music as compared to android auto.

Old 12-13-2021, 02:06 PM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Ashish Aggarwal
So finally my Car software got upgraded to S19B and it is the latest one. It took nearly 40 minutes to do the update. Everything seems to be working fine.

Any idea about the second question for the Jaguar service details
Version S19B is not actually rthe most recent, which is S21B. Maybe you will be invited to download and install the intervening updates until you get to S21B. It's well worth getting S21B - it (and the preceding S21A) resolve a lot of niggling issues with previous versions.

Old 12-18-2022, 10:05 AM

FYI - Got a new OTA update for the Incontrol Touch Pro (ICTP) last week. I went ahead downloaded and installed Ver: S22A_22.32.4-928505. ICTP works the same as before this recent software update - not sure what (if anything) has changed.

Going forward I think I will be more careful about installing OTA software - the ICTP in my car has been working well for a couple years now and my thought if it's not broken dont fix it. My car is out of factory warranty - I wonder who would be responsible fixing the ICTP if the OTA software update messed it up?

Old 12-22-2022, 05:18 PM

This update is being rolled out slowly - it's been sent out since the start of December but I only got mine a couple of days back.
I didn't really expect JLR to update InControl Pro again now they have moved onto PIVI, and the new update doesn't seem to have had any noticeable effect. At least it didn't break anything!
InControl Pro is now pretty well sorted and the bugs that plagued it before the last update before this current one now finally seem to have been eliminated - it only took JLR about 5 years to do this!

Old 12-30-2022, 05:46 PM

Any concerns that future OTA updates may brick your ICTP? Appreciate your thoughts.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:12 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've experienced two "glitches" since this update (S22A_22.32.4-928505) that I never had before.

- often I now see the error message "Reverse camera unavailable" if I start up the car in the morning and I'm in a hurry and don't wait for everything in ITCP to boot up. Prior to this update I could at least always get the smaller reverse camera image until it booted up and then I'd get the full widescreen display.

- this has only happened once so far, but I lost all sound. I could change source (XM/Phone/Radio) but no sound. It at least all returned to normal on the next start up.

@aerospaced Hopefully they do enough pre-release testing not to brick anyone's ICTP before an OTA update. Ideally they would have an A/B software or firmware image rollback feature which maintains both the current and prior versions of the software. If the new update fails to boot then system automatically reboots to the prior working image. I have not seen this level of technical detail released anywhere though.

The following users liked this post:
aerospaced (01-02-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 07:12 AM

With regards to the OTA update you are absolutely right Fireblader929 - need to be able to easily revert back to the old version in case of problems. Speaking of problems just yesterday my backup camera would not display when put in reverse. Instead it only would show a parking sensor display which I dont recall seeing before. This wasnt an issue with waiting for the ICTP to boot as I had been driving the car for at least 30 minutes before it happened. Fortunately backup camera went back to normal when I came back out of store and started my car.

Old 01-04-2023, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by fireblader929
I've experienced two "glitches" since this update (S22A_22.32.4-928505) that I never had before.

@aerospaced Hopefully they do enough pre-release testing not to brick anyone's ICTP before an OTA update. Ideally they would have an A/B software or firmware image rollback feature which maintains both the current and prior versions of the software. If the new update fails to boot then system automatically reboots to the prior working image. I have not seen this level of technical detail released anywhere though.
This would be excellent if Jaguar ensured it happened. However, I don't hold much of an expectation that they would do this - their IT is generally rather flaky IMO. It took them around 5 years to sort out all the bugs in the Touch Pro infotainment system and, at about this time, they changed to Pivi-Pro which, by all acounts has a fresh set of bugs!

Old 01-04-2023, 05:09 PM
Default Flaky ICTP

Originally Posted by chrisjp
This would be excellent if Jaguar ensured it happened. However, I don't hold much of an expectation that they would do this - their IT is generally rather flaky IMO. It took them around 5 years to sort out all the bugs in the Touch Pro infotainment system and, at about this time, they changed to Pivi-Pro which, by all acounts has a fresh set of bugs!
orOf
For what it's worth way back when everyone (including me) were having huge problems with the ICTP I was told they replaced the team that developed the original software for the ICTP. Further more I was told it would take about 6 months for the new team to release a new software version that functioned much better and included apple car play and android auto. Approx 6 months later I got the latest software update which included Apple Car Play and Android Auto and most if not all of the previous issues were fixed. Since then I have been very pleased with the ICTP and the 825W surround sound system which is incredible.

Old 01-07-2023, 11:47 AM

Just expeirenced another hiccup with my ICTP after the recent software update. After starting my car this morning noticed that about half the icons associated with my sirrius XM presets are missing from my screen. Problem remained after I shut the car off and restarted it about 30 minutes later. Never had this issue before - I think it was a mistake to install this latest S22Axxxxxxx software update. Seems like everyday a new issue pops up.