XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Infotainment CRAP , upgrade to chinese multimedia

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by owexonline
I am sory, my english is veey bad . I must say i did not understand everything you said .
For me, the unit work flawless and even the rear camera and tracks work now ( after a software setting ).
After you buy it , you can post here photos and we all can help you .
I did not cut any wiring and solder anything. All was plug-in-play at the xe .

Was the guy called Robin by any chance? Please could you PM me the contact details. I read on another forum that the V1 ones of the ones he has available at the moment have some lagging issues and the sound quality isnt as good as OEM.

I reached out to him via wechat a while back and he told me there was a new version coming to market for the F-Pace which addresses these issues and has uses an update SoC and android version.

Old 10-17-2019, 02:21 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Kanor

Old 10-17-2019, 02:25 PM

everyone who wants this unit, go to this store link:

https://szkanor.en.alibaba.com/?spm=...441759daQtNIp1

Ask for ALEX ZHAO as contact , let him know what you want , also inform him your comming from Jaguar forum as OVI recomand it . you get minim 100usd discount as a jaguar forum and my recomandation , just let me know when you place an order to make sure you get the discount

The following users liked this post:
XJ8JR (10-18-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 05:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

everyone who wants this unit, go to this store link:

https://szkanor.en.alibaba.com/?spm=...441759daQtNIp1

Ask for ALEX ZHAO as contact , let him know what you want , also inform him your comming from Jaguar forum as OVI recomand it . you get minim 100usd discount as a jaguar forum and my recomandation , just let me know when you place an order to make sure you get the discount
That's the actual link to the unit you need:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/10-25-car-multimedia-android-for_62078369502.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.10.4 bb5569eh2ZZMK

The following users liked this post:
owexonline (10-19-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 07:34 AM

Very interested.

I have In control touch NOT pro, and would like to know if there is a proper frame with the android unit

Old 01-22-2020, 07:39 AM

Greetings,

Where did you buy the 10.25" unit? I have a 2017 XE premium with the 8" unit that cannot be software updated according to the dealer. I want to be able to use google maps and android auto. I was disappointed when the service person at the dealer said that the system cannot be upgraded. I hope that you were able to address all the bugs and use existing hardware.

Thank you for sharing.
Marwan

Old 02-04-2020, 06:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have an F Type, but I'm super interested in this as well. I sent an inquiry to the seller just to see if they've worked out the bugs. $1200 for the F Type headunit, which is super steep even for a US based unit! If anyone else picks one of these up, post your results!

Old 03-21-2020, 07:44 PM

HI can you pm me the seller details too thanks alan

Old 05-04-2020, 01:07 PM

Hello.
I bought the same unit but same as you my rear camera didn't work.

Could you. Please give me the password for. The factory setup?
Thank you

Old 05-04-2020, 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=owexonline;2052602]
Original rearview camera works perfect , just need to be enabled from "factory settings" , but seller will provide the password of the unit so you can do all changes . in fact all system is just plug in play , very easy to connect and setup .
/QUOTE]

I bought the same unit. Same as you rear camera didn't show up.

​​​​​​Could you please give Me the password of the factory setup please?

Old 05-04-2020, 01:11 PM
Default I forgot it

When I buyed the unit, I received 2 codes. better ask the seller which one is it . From menu I manage the rear camerta to show image anytime I want, or when I put in reverse automatic .
Seller must know the exact code . Zhao is a very nice guy , I am sure he will help. If he doesn;t ...and you buyed the unit from the store I posted here ...I will get the code for you .

Old 05-04-2020, 01:23 PM

I sent him message but still no answer :/
thanks for your help.

=)

Old 05-04-2020, 01:24 PM

When I buyed the unit, I received 2 codes. better ask the seller which one is it . From menu I manage the rear camerta to show image anytime I want, or when I put in reverse automatic .
Seller must know the exact code . Zhao is a very nice guy , I am sure he will help. If he doesn;t ...and you buyed the unit from the store I posted here ...I will get the code for you .
I sent him message but still no answer :/
thanks for your help.

=)

Old 05-05-2020, 09:59 AM

HI again. I got the password.
I found the original car camera option. I set it on but it didn't work.
Did you change anything else?

Thanks

Old 07-14-2020, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Interesting thread. I would definitely consider this install. The price on these modules is at around $500 now. Was there any definitive answer as to the cibration of the touch screen. It seems it is off by a few millimeters? Also...what happened with the rear view camera issue?

Old 07-14-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cherry_560sel
Interesting thread. I would definitely consider this install. The price on these modules is at around $500 now. Was there any definitive answer as to the cibration of the touch screen. It seems it is off by a few millimeters? Also...what happened with the rear view camera issue?
Nope, it's still $1200 https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...306f2fc2Nlnx6g I ended up buying it but, imo, it's complete garbage. It works as claimed, but I feel like it's unbelievably ghetto. Tried to get a refund but that didn't pan out and I had to dispute the charge. It's still in the box with all wiring if you want to give it a shot. I'll even sell it to you for that $500, though I wouldn't recommend it

Old 07-14-2020, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

is this the same one???
https://m.alibaba.com/product/625042...pg_220x220.jpg

I dont know if I have the Bosh or Harmon Kardon unit in my car. How do I find out?

Old 07-14-2020, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

So the unit I am looking at is running Android Pie. The one you have is running Android Nougat...there is also quite a bit of difference in DDR and ROM memory, as well as resolutiion...I wonder why the F-type version is so much more???? Maybe paying the F-Type owners premium?...lol...anyhoo...i might order the one specifically for the XE and see if a local stereo shop can install it and make everything work .... maybe....right now I am more interested in getting my tune and crank pulley installed.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:58 PM

is this the same one???
https://m.alibaba.com/product/625042...pg_220x220.jpg

I dont know if I have the Bosh or Harmon Kardon unit in my car. How do I find out?
You have the Bosch unit if you have the valet button on your head unit. Also I cannot see what you linked. I guess it's the mobile link and everything is giant on my screen and I can't make heads or tails of it

Old 07-14-2020, 10:02 PM

So the unit I am looking at is running Android Pie. The one you have is running Android Nougat...there is also quite a bit of difference in DDR and ROM memory, as well as resolutiion...I wonder why the F-type version is so much more???? Maybe paying the F-Type owners premium?...lol...anyhoo...i might order the one specifically for the XE and see if a local stereo shop can install it and make everything work .... maybe....right now I am more interested in getting my tune and crank pulley installed.
Ah yeah that's probably the difference. You know that it costs them less than $100 to make the damn thing. Probably less than $50, given chinese sweatshop labor. And yes, I had a local stereo professional install it and it worked, mostly, but had bugs that had nothing to do with install. It restarted occasional out of nowhere. Even though the language was set to english a lot of stuff was still in chinese. There was not actual android auto, just a janky screen mirroring thing. It's just super ghetto. I wouldn't buy it. I'd just get an android auto adapter

Quick Reply: Infotainment CRAP , upgrade to chinese multimedia