XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Infotainment blank screen

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 06:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infotainment blank screen

I have a 66 plate Jag XE which I have owned for 18 months now. Recently whilst driving along the DAB switched to LW radio and DAB disappeared from the screen completely. After deleting all personal data it came back for a couple of weeks. However since the weekend I now have a completely black screen and FM radio.
On opening the car the Jag logo appears.
The reversing camera still works.
This obviously points to the screen itself being fine.
I have put a multimeter across the battery and that reads fine.
I have disconnected the battery and held the two terminals together as suggested elsewhere on the forum, no change.
The other thing I have seen is pressing the power button (I assume this is the one for the stereo) whilst simultaneously pressing the volume up button. All this achieved was turning up the volume on the works carpark and blaring out sodding Abba 🙄
Any ideas?
Cheers in advance
​​​​

Old 06-12-2021, 07:53 AM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

This looks like one or more of the Infotainment modules is failing to boot up. Normally disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it (as you have done) forces them to boot up but in this case this clearly hasn't happened. I'd next look at the fuses supplying the Infotainment modules. I'm not sure which these are - perhaps someone else on this forum can comment. The fuse box on the RH side of the boot/trunk has a paper list tucked into it, giving the fuse numbers and functions, and I'd start with this. Sorry I can't be of more help.