XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Jaguar InControl web doesn't recognize my VIN-number

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar InControl web doesn't recognize my VIN-number

Hi.
Not sure if anyone else have this problem, but I just bought a used 2016 XE. The previous owner was an older gentleman that didn't buy any extras when the car was new, and didn't register for InControl.
I wanted to have the InControl features, but to my surprise, when I try to add the VIN-number, the website just responds with "Enter a valid VIN-number". The Jaguar-rep just give me some song-and-dance about InControl not being available for my 2016 XE, which I find very hard to believe. My attempts to get in touch with Jaugar Norway has been futile.

While I can live without most of the InControl features, I really would like to be able to update my navigation...

So, anyone experienced this, and how to fix it?

Old 03-15-2022, 08:35 AM
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Meteor
Hi.
Not sure if anyone else have this problem, but I just bought a used 2016 XE. The previous owner was an older gentleman that didn't buy any extras when the car was new, and didn't register for InControl.
I wanted to have the InControl features, but to my surprise, when I try to add the VIN-number, the website just responds with "Enter a valid VIN-number". The Jaguar-rep just give me some song-and-dance about InControl not being available for my 2016 XE, which I find very hard to believe. My attempts to get in touch with Jaugar Norway has been futile.

While I can live without most of the InControl features, I really would like to be able to update my navigation...

There is a thread on the XF (X260) forum about this. Reportedly, Jaguar changed software providers and navigation updates are no longer available for vehicles with the previous software. I can’t state with any certainty that this is true but I do know that I’ve been unable to figure out how to update the maps on our 2016 XF and 2017 XE. The VINs are no longer recognized. I haven’t yet tried to update the maps on our 2018 F-PACE or 2018 F-Type.

Old 03-15-2022, 10:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Meteor
Hi.

Hi - I just called Jaguar Customer Services direct here in the UK and they sorted it out quickly on my 2015 car. Sadly it sounds like Jaguar Norway are not so helpful. Bottom line is it certainly works here so I guess it should work for you unless countries vary - sounds like you will definitely need help from Jaguar though.

The following users liked this post:
Ichi Ban (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 06:52 PM
GGG
Received 16,852 Likes on 12,186 Posts

The OP posted the question on November 3rd 2021 and has not been back on the forum since the following day November 4th 2021. He has either discovered InControl renewal IS available for 2016 but Navigation updates are NOT available or no longer has any interest.

THREAD CLOSED

Graham