XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Jaguar Prestige Extended Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2024 | 09:08 PM
|
Wink Jaguar Prestige Extended Warranty Question

Hey all -
I'm purchasing a 2018 XE 35t (based in Canada) and am getting a jaguar extended warranty with it as well. It is the prestige plan that covers "all components". On the PDF here, https://www.jaguar.ca/content/dam/jd...lan-detail.pdf, you can see a couple exclusions to the warranty, but it mentions, this is not an exhaustive list of exclusions.
I cannot for the life of my find this "exhaustive list" of everything not covered. I remember hearing in another thread that they no longer cover the plastic Y pipes for the cooling? I know they did an upgrade in 2018 to make it seamless, yet still plastic, so still brings some concerns.
Anybody have any experience with the "prestige" jaguar warranty?
I was able to find this PDF (https://jaguar.motor-admin.com/docum...y-document.pdf), however its based on a normal or "select" plan and the rules revolve around the EU and UK. Does the "select" plan translate to the NA "prestige" plan? It's a bit confusing too as instead of listing exclusions, it lists only the things it will cover.

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Old 01-11-2024 | 10:16 PM

You'll get some anecdotes here which should be useful, but you'll also get a lot of hearsay and gossip so I'd call Jaguar North America and ask these questions - these are procedural/policy questions and Jag are a structured company so they'll be able to answer them for you. Email them a summary of the conversation and ask them to respond to confirm it's correct, that way if they tell you something's covered then suddenly it's not covered when you need it to be, you can show them you were told otherwise. A list of included items is much easier as you can safely assume anything that's not mentioned is not covered, so maybe ask Jag if they can send you the list for the policy you're getting. If the person on the phone is difficult or can't give you answers just ask nicely for someone who can... it might take a little while and you might have to wait for a call back, but there will be someone there who'll be able to tell you exactly how it works.

My 2018 has the old coolant pipes, I think I would replace the new ones with aluminium as well after hearing the stories about the old ones. It's not cheap, here in Aus the full kit of parts was ~$750 and my mechanic's quote for install was $1900... I'm pretty sure I can handle this one myself though, which is lucky. I'm not sure how likely a failure is as I've only seen a couple of posts about it actually happening, but the consequence of a failure is pretty high so I'd like some peace of mind. If yours has the old pipes and they're covered, buy it then ask them to replace them with aluminium parts that you supply

Last edited by dangoesfast; 01-11-2024 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-14-2024 | 06:23 PM
|

Thanks man, appreciate the info! Dealer ended up being sketchy about a pre-purchase inspection so still on the hunt.

Old 01-15-2024 | 05:42 AM

Oh yeah that's a pretty big red flag. The right one will come eventually, took me almost two years to find mine but worth the wait 😁

The following users liked this post:
KellyJ1963 (07-01-2024)
Old 03-20-2024 | 07:29 AM

I'm trying to decide right now at time of purchase if I will just add a Prestige extended warranty. I'm going through the same issue. So far they've been vague for info, gave me a bit of pricing. I can't find the exclusion details anywhere either.

I've been told that if I don't buy the extended warranty at time of purchase that the cost for getting the prestige extended warranty later would be "significantly more"...But he would give no sense of how much more?

Are these extended warranties from Jag more to buy towards the end of your base warranty than at time of purchase? Anyone know?

I always add in huge grains of salt getting any info from any dealer ;-)

In this case it's for an F-type.

Old 03-20-2024 | 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

Unless it's a Jaguar CPO warranty I would pass.

Old 03-20-2024 | 01:46 PM

Initially I assumed that anything offered to me at a Jaguar dealer would be a factory extended warranty?! Starting to get the impression that is not the case, but I’m not entirely sure…

On the surface I have certainly so far been lead to believe that this is an official Jaguar warranty.

Does anyone know if this Prestige warranty is a Jag warranty? Man if it is not, boy, definitely a bit sneaky. I need to decide between now and Saturday if I will proceed with an extended warranty at the time of purchase for an F-type.

Old 03-21-2024 | 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

Your correct and it's a bit of confusion too.
With my experience (As I purchased a used Jaguar with the 7 year/100K miles CPO warranty). If it does not say Jaguar CPO then it is NOT a factory Jaguar warranty.
Also note that not every used Jaguar can even be qualified for the CPO warranty. I know the CPO must be purchased BEFORE the original warranty runs out IF the CPO was not purchased when the car was new. Mine was purchased when the car was new.

What is the year and mileage of the car in question? Is it still under the factory warranty?
Also I have found the CPO one is more expensive so the dealers sometimes sell non-Jaguar versions to reduce cost.

Finally it helps to understand if your buying a "Service Agreement" and NOT a warranty? Read the Prestige stuff very closely and do look at what's excluded as that's a lot more important than the list of what's covered.

Prime example? Several guys have attempted to get the horrible failure prone plastic cooling parts replaced after they failed under after market service plans. Yet they come to find that those are not covered! Again be sure and focus on what's NOT covered as you might be surprised since we all talk about "warranties". But they are not the same.

I don't know Prestige so I can't say exactly what they are offering?

Last edited by clubairth1; 03-21-2024 at 10:10 AM.