XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Jaguar Website Updated

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Jaguar Website Updated

Can customize XE now, no pricing listed, but lots of options.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Pie944
Can customize XE now, no pricing listed, but lots of options.
On the US site? I can build and price.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
On the US site? I can build and price.
It changed in the few hours! I can too. Very cool

Old 11-20-2015, 02:57 PM

It changed in the few hours! I can too. Very cool
Oh I built mine on there a few days ago with options and pricing. I want the utility of the F-Pace but I like that on the XE you can have the 10.2" navigation system without having the TFT instrument panel.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 854 Posts

I just built my "perfect" XE R-Sport. I consider a $51K and change MSRP a bargain, and since a 5% or so discount in pretty std at US JLR dealers, can do a little better than MSRP. Very tempting . . .

Build your XE - EXTERIOR

Old 11-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh
I just built my "perfect" XE R-Sport. I consider a $51K and change MSRP a bargain, and since a 5% or so discount in pretty std at US JLR dealers, can do a little better than MSRP. Very tempting . . .

Build your XE - EXTERIOR
Generally not a fan of red but IRR is pretty. I'm leaning towards Dark Sapphire Blue but I'm curious what that Quartzite color looks like in person.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
Generally not a fan of red but IRR is pretty. I'm leaning towards Dark Sapphire Blue but I'm curious what that Quartzite color looks like in person.
I've seen several IRR F-Types in person, and it is a spectacular color. The website doesn't do it justice. I would characterize it as a classy, as opposed to flashy red. Dark Sapphire Blue is also offered in the F-Type, and I've seen it in person as well, but it does appear black except in bright sunlight. I do like the lighter blue available on the XE, which is not currently offered on the F-Type.

Of course, I also still love my Polaris White F-Type, which perhaps the best at showcasing the lines of that car. I've never seen Quartzite.

Last edited by Foosh; 11-22-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:30 AM

I've seen several IRR F-Types in person, and it is a spectacular color. The website doesn't do it justice. I would characterize it as a classy, as opposed to flashy red. Dark Sapphire Blue is also offered in the F-Type, and I've seen it in person as well, but it does appear black except in bright sunlight. I do like the lighter blue available on the XE, which is not currently offered on the F-Type.

Of course, I also still love my Polaris White F-Type, which perhaps the best at showcasing the lines of that car. I've never seen Quartzite.
I wish they would bring back Indigo, now that blue was striking. Bluefire is nice too, a poster on here has his XE in that color.

I love white on the F-Type, as you said it really brings out all of the details that darker colors sometimes hide.

I know many think of silver as boring but I love the Rhodium silver on my XF, when it's all cleaned up it really pops.

Old 11-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Agreed on Rhodium . . . I've had many silver cars, and they always look nice not matter what make or model.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:27 PM

Any concern buying a new car model the very first year? The BRG appealed to me for both the F Type and XE. I would love an F type but with kids in the future the lack of a back seat makes it more of a dream.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:53 PM

Any concern buying a new car model the very first year? The BRG appealed to me for both the F Type and XE. I would love an F type but with kids in the future the lack of a back seat makes it more of a dream.
I'm not too concerned; that's what the warranty is for and I don't see it being s problematic car, it may be 'all new' but it has some familiar components(engine, transmission...not sure if the AWD is the same as the existing system).

Old 11-22-2015, 04:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,305 Likes on 897 Posts

I've had little issues with first model year cars. The 2008 XF had one or two recalls for minor things (filler flap/seat belt) and then I had it back a few times with issues with the sunroof. Generally though those things get sorted in the first 12 months, and it wouldn't stop me from getting something new and shiny.

But if I was the type to get devastated with the odd issue here and there, such that it would spoil the experience, I wouldnt buy one until about the third model year. I can understand people being that way, but my love of the novelty of having something new overrides pretty much any concern.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Colors Return

Very happy to see the return of Black Cherry(!) and British Racing Green.

Nice update to the website....

-mag

Old 11-23-2015, 08:20 AM

Quick question, if you drop the wifi after the initial 3 months what features do you lose, is it just the hot spot?

Old 11-23-2015, 08:37 AM

I really think this is a good price.

Name:  4890F224-93C2-4FBB-A164-8D60047EC71A.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  561.9 KB

I'd maybe go for the tech package.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

can you get the 'Portfolio' interior package on the XE? The standard leather quality is kind of cheap looking ( like the existing XF without the portfolio package). My XF AWD portfolio is really lux. inside......

Old 11-24-2015, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by yidal8
can you get the 'Portfolio' interior package on the XE? The standard leather quality is kind of cheap looking ( like the existing XF without the portfolio package). My XF AWD portfolio is really lux. inside......
It would appear not, they have that option in other markets, though. I'm curious what this 'Taurus' leather is like.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member

That was much more of a concern in the past. I bought an early-build, first-year F-Type which has been flawless since day 1. It's only been back to the dealer for oil-services during the required, annual check. In addition, I've purchased a number of first-year models from various manufacturers since 2000 or so, with no warranty issues on any of them.

The only potential concern these days (albeit a minor one) on a new model is if it is equipped with a brand-new engine, and/or transmission. The only new engine in the XE line-up is the Ingenium diesel. All the others have been around in other models for years and are bullet-proof. The same is true of the ZF transmission.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:41 PM

That was much more of a concern in the past. I bought an early-build, first-year F-Type which has been flawless since day 1. It's only been back to the dealer for oil-services during the required, annual check. In addition, I've purchased a number of first-year models from various manufacturers since 2000 or so, with no warranty issues on any of them.

The only potential concern these days (albeit a minor one) on a new model is if it is equipped with a brand-new engine, and/or transmission. The only new engine in the XE line-up is the Ingenium diesel. All the others have been around in other models for years and are bullet-proof. The same is true of the ZF transmission.
How about the battery with the F Type?

Old 11-30-2015, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member

How about the battery with the F Type?
What's your concern with the battery? It's an Advanced Glass Matt (AGM), which is the latest technology, but pretty standard fare these days on all higher-end marques.

If you're concerned about a handful of "car won't start issues," reported in the F-Type section of this forum, those aren't usually due to the battery itself. They seem to have been due to various charging system issues including software, and grounding straps not making adequate contact.

The vast majority have had no starting or dead battery issues. I've had no issues in 18 months, even though my car has periods where it's idle for up to a couple of weeks. Any longer than that, and I keep mine on a battery maintainer just to be safe. That's simple, cheap insurance. I do the same on all modern cars, which are loaded with a lot more electronics than in the past. These systems can cause parasitic drain even when the car is shut down.

Quick Reply: Jaguar Website Updated