XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Jaguar XE 3.5t, Deal of the Year for the perfomance you get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Jaguar XE 3.5t, Deal of the Year for the perfomance you get?

With careful haggling I was able to get Jaguar to drop pricing by over $2800.00 of MSRP on my special order XE 3.5T RWD Premium with Navi, and got them to throw in mats and splash guards, maybe another $500.00?)
I know of no other Eruo offering that can touch the performance of the Jag 3.5t XE RWD at this price point. Car and Driver, Road and Track (and others) get 0-60 times of 4.5 Seconds, stock.

Jaguar XE Reviews - Jaguar XE Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver

So, for under $41K I got the preferred styling of the XE (compared to the $55K BMW and $59K Merc), 340HP, and exclusivity (still only the second XE I've seen driving in Austin, Tx.)

There are faster cars for the money for sure ( I drove the $45k 485HP charger scat pack, 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack First Test - Motor Trend ), but none have the comfort of ride and balance the Jag has, in my opinion. The charger felt like I was driving a brick on wheels.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase, and the wife loves the ride. We'll probably put 2 to 3 thousand miles on this baby in the next few weeks over the holidays, look out Aspen, CO, here we come again!

Here is a pic my new baby, splash guards installed. Took delivery yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar XE 3.5t,  Deal of the Year for the perfomance you get?-20161209_135540.jpg  
Old 12-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Congratulations! It is an amazing car and I am sure you will enjoy it. Black one looks cool.

41K , is that what it cost to you? If so, that is the deal of the year for sure. The base price for XE 35T is around 45K I believe. Is it a completely base model? Dealers usually do not order such stripped models so it truly should be an unicorn.

Best of luck with your car!

Old 12-12-2016, 07:24 AM
Received 107 Likes on 74 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the kind words. The base RWD 3.5t actually starts at $41,700.00 USD, a remarkably low starting point. All I added was a navigation so I could use the in-control apps. I went with the Latte luxtex interrior, and I don't miss the leather as much as I thought I might.

I personally prefer 100% driver engagement so I skipped the lane departure, blind spot monitoring, active suspension, all that stuff. And I wanted the RWD instead of the AWD for the better off the line performance.

Yes, to get the base model I had to put down a $500.00 deposit and waited four months, boy it was worth the wait though! You are absolutely right, dealers will order theirs optioned out so the least expensive they stocked locally started at around $50K.

I really did some research too...I drove the Merc, the Beemer 335i sport, the Infinity Q50 hybrid and red sport, and even drove the 380HP Ford Focus AWD (handled like C R A P), and the Charger Scat Pack, decided to save $10 to $20 thousand and get the Jag, which felt the best for me for a really sporty daily driver anyway.

Having the car tinted in ceramic today. That will run me another $500.00 bones.

Only "problem" I've noticed is minding all the other drivers pulling up next to me at 65 MPH to take a long, hard stare!

Old 12-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin7
Thanks for the kind words. The base RWD 3.5t actually starts at $41,700.00 USD, a remarkably low starting point. All I added was a navigation so I could use the in-control apps. I went with the Latte luxtex interrior, and I don't miss the leather as much as I thought I might.

I personally prefer 100% driver engagement so I skipped the lane departure, blind spot monitoring, active suspension, all that stuff. And I wanted the RWD instead of the AWD for the better off the line performance.

Yes, to get the base model I had to put down a $500.00 deposit and waited four months, boy it was worth the wait though! You are absolutely right, dealers will order theirs optioned out so the least expensive they stocked locally started at around $50K.

I really did some research too...I drove the Merc, the Beemer 335i sport, the Infinity Q50 hybrid and red sport, and even drove the 380HP Ford Focus AWD (handled like C R A P), and the Charger Scat Pack, decided to save $10 to $20 thousand and get the Jag, which felt the best for me for a really sporty daily driver anyway.

Having the car tinted in ceramic today. That will run me another $500.00 bones.

Only "problem" I've noticed is minding all the other drivers pulling up next to me at 65 MPH to take a long, hard stare!
How does the RWD get better off the line performance than the AWD? I see many tests and all the RWD spin the tires a lot.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:28 PM
Received 4,280 Likes on 3,700 Posts

Austin7 nice deal on a sweet driving machine! I test drove one this weekend and am seriously considering it as an extra vehicle. The only detraction for me was the piano black bits on the center console, etc. but will probably take delivery in Friday

Old 12-18-2016, 07:45 PM
Received 83 Likes on 59 Posts

The 2017 XE R-Sport 35 T base is $49,200
CRS

Old 01-16-2017, 02:57 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Demetre Gvaramia
Congratulations! It is an amazing car and I am sure you will enjoy it. Black one looks cool.

41K , is that what it cost to you? If so, that is the deal of the year for sure. The base price for XE 35T is around 45K I believe. Is it a completely base model? Dealers usually do not order such stripped models so it truly should be an unicorn.

Best of luck with your car!
I was able to get 4K dropped off MSRP plus the 1K Winter bonus, but my MSRP was just over 47K for the AWD model so not sure how that would compare. I do agree that the AWD has the better off the line performance from what I have seen online but overall who knows.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:58 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sorry the off the line comment was to BigCats post.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin7
With careful haggling I was able to get Jaguar to drop pricing by over $2800.00 of MSRP on my special order XE 3.5T RWD Premium with Navi, and got them to throw in mats and splash guards, maybe another $500.00?)
I know of no other Eruo offering that can touch the performance of the Jag 3.5t XE RWD at this price point. Car and Driver, Road and Track (and others) get 0-60 times of 4.5 Seconds, stock.

Jaguar XE Reviews - Jaguar XE Price, Photos, and Specs - Car and Driver

So, for under $41K I got the preferred styling of the XE (compared to the $55K BMW and $59K Merc), 340HP, and exclusivity (still only the second XE I've seen driving in Austin, Tx.)

There are faster cars for the money for sure ( I drove the $45k 485HP charger scat pack, 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack First Test - Motor Trend ), but none have the comfort of ride and balance the Jag has, in my opinion. The charger felt like I was driving a brick on wheels.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase, and the wife loves the ride. We'll probably put 2 to 3 thousand miles on this baby in the next few weeks over the holidays, look out Aspen, CO, here we come again!

Here is a pic my new baby, splash guards installed. Took delivery yesterday.
Wow. I didn't realize they were so quick on the 0-60, and that is with the software limited 340. I can't wait to hear from some of the forum members we have done tunes for, just the 416 on the tune has got to feel pretty snappy in these cars, let alone the addition of the crank pulley.

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 01-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Wow. I didn't realize they were so quick on the 0-60, and that is with the software limited 340. I can't wait to hear from some of the forum members we have done tunes for, just the 416 on the tune has got to feel pretty snappy in these cars, let alone the addition of the crank pulley.
Don't worry, I will VBOX it very soon and also post new updated 1/4 mile times to see how much better it is than stock. Then I will add the pulley and document that as well.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

4.5 sec. off the line is incredibly fast for the exact same 3 litre engine. that puts out 340hp. Even with the reduced weight, it is only about 400lbs lighter than the XF, which comes in at a little over 3900.

Does that difference in weight translate to almost 2 seconds in 0-60 times!!! If it does, I am going to strip the trunk and easily take out about 200 lbs worth of weight. (no...not throwing out the battery!!!)