XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Jaguar xe wheel nut security key lost

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar xe wheel nut security key lost

Hello I am new here and I come with woe as I have lost my wheel security nut key that was in the boot but silly me left it on the wheel and drove off and it has gone ( what did I expect)

Anyway please is someone in the area of manchester/salford/ North west Lancashire who has all the keys I believe there about 20 keys to choose from and I do not have a clue what thebketter on mine was.

I can pay for the help i canbtravel to you also or you canbtravel to me.
my car is a jaguar xe.
thank you in advance.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:44 PM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

I understand that most tyre fitting places have keys to fit pretty much all locking wheel nuts so that may be something to explore.
Once the locking wheel nuts are off, I'd replace them with standard nuts to avoid this problem in the future. When alloy wheels were rare they got stolen but this is pretty much a non-existent problem these days.

Old 02-13-2023, 09:13 AM
Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

I agree with the technical part of what's been said. Yes, these lugs aren't as strictly "Keyed" as you may think, and even a service center is likely to have keys for your lug. You won't have to worry for long about getting the lug off.

But I don't agree with the idea of getting rid of your lugs for good. I live here in the US, and XE's are super rare. People look at them, think they can challenge you in a quick speed dare, or wish they had your car, or assume you think you are better than others around you, and they look for the chance to take one of your wheels. They don't need it, have no intent on selling it---they just want to foul you with malice....because your car surprises people with its looks or its road ability.

I was born in the UK, so I know the stories of pub fights and dumb-fart youths whose sudden dispute with someone leads to malice on the bloke's car. Someone on a UK forum even photographed the human poop someone at the pub waxed his XE with while he was still finishing his drink before closing time. CHRIST in heaven!!

Malice is more likely to be the reason someone goes after your wheel than resale profit. But they STILL do go after a wheel.
I'd keep using the security lugs.