XE ( X760 ) 2015 -

Leveling the XE (not lowering)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Leveling the XE (not lowering)

Alright. My 335xi (sport) had the same problem that my XE awd (sport) does: the massive reverse rake suggesting that I have multiple bodies in the trunk. I believe the logic is that an awd car will encounter snow, so the reverse rake is to help with clearance. A rwd bimmer with the sport package was lower in the front (than the awd version) and overall more level; I think that's the case for the jag as well. For the bimmer I took just the front stock sport springs from a rwd car and swapped only the springs. That paired with some 19in wheels and spacers and it looked muuuuuch better.

So my ask is, does anyone have spare stock front springs from a rwd that they'd be willing to share with me so I can test this and maybe pave a new option for us XE awd owners? This is my daily and I don't want to lower it, I just wanna level it. Low is what my coupe is for.

Pic for attention!

Old 03-15-2021, 09:22 AM

Found this thread, seems OP had the exact same idea, but never got a solution (at least by that thread). I still think this is possible since I did it with the bimmer. Photos below show exactly what I'm going for.

Final wheels, old tires, awd sport suspension

Front wheel with new tires, awd sport suspension

Front wheel immediately after swapping to rwd front sport spring

Final stance with rwd sport springs and spacers

Old 04-15-2021, 11:57 AM

Wondering if anyone can help me here.

On jaguarparts.com I've found four different spring options for the XE platform. One is listed as AWD and the other three are without AWD. I'm assuming that the AWD springs are for all AWD cars regardless of engine and the other three are for RWD varying between engine type (and maybe sport?).

Does anyone have a 35t RWD that can look at the front spring color? It's my understanding that JLR will only disclose parts specs for your own car, and the service guys at my local JLR ain't the friendliest.

Thanks it advance!

Old 04-15-2021, 02:48 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey @lifted.n.lowered ... seems like your name might be need to be changed to leveled only. I for one love the lowered look from VAP on my car. That said, per your request, here's one from the front and one from the back. the thicker/heavier set is the 5534's. I kept them in case I ever had issues with the lowering and needed to go back to stock.

Old 04-16-2021, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by D0gv0m1t
Hey @lifted.n.lowered ... seems like your name might be need to be changed to leveled only. I for one love the lowered look from VAP on my car.
Lol. I already have one lowered car, and my driveway hates it. Maybe I'll change it to leveled.n.lowered. I love the look of the VAP springs too, but I don't want to compromise on my daily.

You're amazing man, thanks for those shots! I found the color combo on jag parts. HUGE HELP.

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (12-21-2023)
Old 05-25-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by D0gv0m1t
Well, thanks to D0gv0m1t, I was able to swap on front rwd sport springs. The springs are definitely different, and the rwd springs looked like they would provide a little bit of a drop. Ultimately, I realized about 1/4in drop in the front 28 1/16 - 27 13/16, and there's still a significant gap (I can fit four fingers between the fender and tire in the front and barely fit two in the back). There's a plastic spacer that has the spring seat moulded in and is about 1in thick. I'm thinking there's got to be a way to remove that spacer and use just the spring seat. But when I check the jag parts diagram, the spacer is only listed for rwd cars, nothing for awd. But I haven't given up! I might get back into this weekend and see if there's anything that can be removed without compromising the integrity of the suspension.

Part no 23:

Fwiw, the car drives great, I haven't noticed any loss of control or quality putting the rwd springs on. And having dug into the front suspension, I'm confident there's an OEM solution to leveling the car. Here's the pics to document my progress.

YPO on the bottom are the rwd sport springs. You can see there's ~1/2 a coil less, and the spring looks slightly thinner.

Full strut, stock springs

Post swap front wheel gap

Rear wheel gap

Also, if you tackle front suspension yourself, it's much easier to remove the lower strut fork while the strut is still in the wheel well. Ask me how I know

The following users liked this post:
Panthro (08-20-2023)